Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Blake Bortles might get final chance to save reputation

(01-13-2018, 06:16 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 09:27 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Bortles is the GOAT. Haters be damned.

Here it is folks.   Spacecoast has had enough. The post where he finally admits to being a troll.

Best QB in Jags history.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2018, 11:42 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 06:16 AM)Jags Wrote: Here it is folks.   Spacecoast has had enough. The post where he finally admits to being a troll.

Best QB in Jags history.

Fake news
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Bortles might be playing for his job. It's time to see if this guy is our QB of the future. The offense caught fire in the late 3rd quarter of the season. The offense hasn't gotten off the plane lately.
No pain, no gain.

Bortles has to win a divisional playoff game on the road in Pittsburg to save his rep?

The Jaguars.

Won.

Their.

Division.

And.

A.

Playoff.

Game.

This season was already a success for Bortles. The bashers aren't playing today and this garbage is a high tech lynching based on sour grapes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As long as the game plan isn't as terrible as last week I think he'll be fine. Don't play not to lose from the first play of the game.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 09:24 AM by Mowerguy.)

Well, the Jaguars.....Blake and all....are in pretty good company.
Jags, squealers and splats left in the AFC playoffs.....ALL the rest are losers!
It just hard for all of them to deal with it that Blake has had a successful year.

Oh and btw.....Jags and splats BOTH have beaten the squealers. 
Who's the underdog now? 
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-14-2018, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bortles has to win a divisional playoff game on the road in Pittsburg to save his rep?

The Jaguars.

Won.

Their.

Division.

And.

A.

Playoff.

Game.

[Image: th?id=OIP.P19lFslo2H6b7UxQrt6i2gHaE8&pid...=240&h=160]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-14-2018, 09:43 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bortles has to win a divisional playoff game on the road in Pittsburg to save his rep?

The Jaguars.

Won.

Their.

Division.

And.

A.

Playoff.

Game.

[Image: th?id=OIP.P19lFslo2H6b7UxQrt6i2gHaE8&pid...=240&h=160]

Sideshow Timmy? Please. Bortles is 100x the QB that guy was and a million times less of a headache.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-14-2018, 10:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:43 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.P19lFslo2H6b7UxQrt6i2gHaE8&pid...=240&h=160]

Sideshow Timmy? Please. Bortles is 100x the QB that guy was and a million times less of a headache.

No real disagreement there.  The point is, we won the division and a playoff.........was that because of Bortles, or in spite of him?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 02:04 PM by I am Yoda. Edit Reason: fixing link )

(01-11-2018, 05:12 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 05:09 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I'd take Carr, Goff, and Wentz without ANY hesitation.  I'd very strongly consider Mariota and Cam. Jamies is a headcase who I don't care for as a person at all, and he isn't playing great.  The rest can't get on the field.
I'd take Cam in a heartbeat.  He's already taken a team to the SB (let's ignore that avoidance of the fumble). Carr puts up great numbers and Goff/Wentz were in the running for MVP this year.  The rest of them? Nah....

Cam, the inconsistent man-baby?  No, thank you.  Wentz, Carr, and Luck, yes.  The rest?  Meh.

I'm pulling for Blake.

https://tenor.com/Irjw.gif
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-14-2018, 01:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 10:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sideshow Timmy? Please. Bortles is 100x the QB that guy was and a million times less of a headache.

No real disagreement there.  The point is, we won the division and a playoff.........was that because of Bortles, or in spite of him?

Because, he was the offense, as the coaches and plan intended.

(01-14-2018, 02:03 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 11:42 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Best QB in Jags history.

Fake news

You're SOOOO wrong. Andrew Luck is 1-3 in playoffs. Bortles is 2-0.

(01-14-2018, 10:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sideshow Timmy? Please. Bortles is 100x the QB that guy was and a million times less of a headache.

Because of him imo. He didn't have big turnovers. He went through his progressions well throughout the game. 

Fournette played very well too. 

I don't think we won "in spite" of anyone on our team. Why the hell would we do that.

Well. I think today was clearly Bortles winning in spite of our defense.

Bortles played great today. No mistakes and made big plays when necessary. He's doing what's needed, nothing more and nothing less.

(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Bortles played great today. No mistakes and made big plays when necessary. He's doing what's needed, nothing more and nothing less.

Yep, he's doing enough without risking the ball. That's supposed to win with the defense we have here.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 06:01 PM by lastonealive.)

(01-14-2018, 05:48 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 02:03 AM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Fake news

You're SOOOO wrong. Andrew Luck is 1-3 in playoffs. Bortles is 2-0.

Luck is 3-3 i believe. He's also tossed 12 picks. He's the most overrated qb ever

Huge plays when needed late in the game and that first drive set the tone.

But yeah he's trash.

Blake handled it so great!
And the Defense put it on ben when it counted
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

BB played great today and will be better next year.