Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It doesn't really matter who wins tomorrow . . .Nobody is beating Pats

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 04:15 AM by Fanduel$$man.)

(01-14-2018, 07:56 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: tb has never faced a defense like this.....and the Jags love taking on one man teams
Are you serious? Hes never faced a defense like this? I can spit off a few pass defense that would spin circle around the jags pass d.

(01-14-2018, 09:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 07:56 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: tb has never faced a defense like this.....and the Jags love taking on one man teams

Yeah he has, SB 42 and Super Bowl 46.

Those defense where not even near the top of the league in those praticular seasons. The giants defense was nothing spectacular they played good football down the stretch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2018, 04:13 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote:
Are you serious? Hes never faced a defense like this? I can spit off a few pass defense that would spin circle around the jags pass d.

(01-14-2018, 09:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah he has, SB 42 and Super Bowl 46.

Those defense where not even near the top of the league in those praticular seasons. The giants defense was nothing spectacular they played good football down the stretch.
That the pats have played? No you can't. This pass defense has been playing at a historical level no matter what happened the last game. In fact, the 6th best since 1950. Only 02' bucs, 88' vikes, 70' vikes, 13' seahawks, and 82' dolphins were better. I'll have to look, but somewhere there was a stat that actual said opposing QBs had a better completion percentage kneeling! In addition, this team gets heavy pressure without blitzing. Brady don't like guys in his lap or at his feet. Miami's interior gave Brady hell! Look, the pats are good because they play sound and have Brady who has played in the same system for ages. With that said, don't underestimated this team because you saw a few big plays against this D. That would be as ignorant as saying the pats have no chance because the jags took em behind the woodshed in training camp/preseason.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-17-2018, 04:13 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote:
OK.

Go...

I'll settle for 2 teams as good or better than our pass D.

Lol the 13 seahawks pass defense is not historically great.
The 2009 ny jets had one of the best seasons in recent histor certainly close to one of the best sonce the 02 bucs. There 1.6% touchdown percentage allowing only 8 td on 501 attempts during the season along with a 51.7 completion percenatge allowed. They also held teams to a 58 passer rating. They also had a better run defense.
Thats just one team. Instead of reading an article that only talks up teams that win championships dig a little into it.

(01-17-2018, 11:58 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Lol the 13 seahawks pass defense is not historically great.
The 2009 ny jets had one of the best seasons in recent histor certainly close to one of the best sonce the 02 bucs. There 1.6% touchdown percentage allowing only 8 td on 501 attempts during the season along with a 51.7 completion percenatge allowed. They also held teams to a 58 passer rating.  They also had a better run defense.
Thats just one team. Instead of reading an article that only talks up teams that win championships dig a little into it.

So you can't spit out a few teams that would spin circles around our d? Got it.

Jacksonville - 31
New England - 28
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 12:15 PM by Tyler1Reformed.)

(01-17-2018, 12:04 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 11:58 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Lol the 13 seahawks pass defense is not historically great.
The 2009 ny jets had one of the best seasons in recent histor certainly close to one of the best sonce the 02 bucs. There 1.6% touchdown percentage allowing only 8 td on 501 attempts during the season along with a 51.7 completion percenatge allowed. They also held teams to a 58 passer rating.  They also had a better run defense.

The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Division Playoff game.

(01-17-2018, 11:38 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 04:13 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Are you serious? Hes never faced a defense like this? I can spit off a few pass defense that would spin circle around the jags pass d.
OK.

Go...

I'll settle for 2 teams as good or better than our pass D.

Our defense was on pace to set records... but they fell off in the latter part of the season. They picked it up against the Bills but fell flat against the Steelers. The pass rush has been weak lately (other than Yannick and his strip sacks) and the secondary disappeared last week. 

I don't expect this defense to play historically bad two weeks in a row, but if they do, see ya next season. If they fall flat on their face against NE then it's going to be chalked up to not having playoff experience when it matters with all these youngins. That's all there is to it and if anyone thinks otherwise, they're probably in like for a psych evaluation.

(01-17-2018, 12:04 PM)Kane Wrote:

Broncos 2015-2016

Seahawks 2013-2014

To take the measure of a defense by stats alone is misleading [b]at best.[/b]

[b]Jags have a good (excellent?) secondary, decent LB's and a great DL. They combine into a defense to be reckoned with. [/b]

All-time great? No.

(01-17-2018, 10:40 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 04:13 AM)Fanduel$$man Wrote: Are you serious? Hes never faced a defense like this? I can spit off a few pass defense that would spin circle around the jags pass d.

That the pats have played? No you can't. This pass defense has been playing at a historical level no matter what happened the last game. In fact, the 6th best since 1950. Only 02' bucs, 88' vikes, 70' vikes, 13' seahawks, and 82' dolphins were better. I'll have to look, but somewhere there was a stat that actual said opposing QBs had a better completion percentage kneeling! In addition, this team gets heavy pressure without blitzing. Brady don't like guys in his lap or at his feet. Miami's interior gave Brady hell! Look, the pats are good because they play sound and have Brady who has played in the same system for ages. With that said, don't underestimated this team because you saw a few big plays against this D. That would be as ignorant as saying the pats have no chance because the jags took em behind the woodshed in training camp/preseason.

(01-17-2018, 12:18 PM)Tailgater Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 12:04 PM)Kane Wrote: So you can't spit out a few teams that would spin circles around our d? Got it.
Broncos 2015-2016

Seahawks 2013-2014

[b]Jags have a good (excellent?) secondary, decent LB's and a great DL. They combine into a defense to be reckoned with. [/b]

All-time great? No.

While stats can be misleading some stats arent. A defense that allows 8 passing touchdowns on 500 attempts is certainly a feat that few have done

(01-17-2018, 12:18 PM)Tailgater Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 12:04 PM)Kane Wrote: So you can't spit out a few teams that would spin circles around our d? Got it.
Broncos 2015-2016

Seahawks 2013-2014

All-time great? No.
Jackson said we're better than those Broncos
Not sure how you could say those Seahawks D is any better than ours. And you certainly didn't fair great against them, although you did beat them. Our corners are better than theirs were those years and our DL is better.
I don't even care to argue over if we're "historically" great or not.

The argument is whether our D is as great as some the Pats have faced. There was a claim that the Pats have faced a few teams with better Ds that would "spin circles" around our D.
I don't see it.

I've used no stats to back up any of my claims.

(01-17-2018, 12:50 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 12:18 PM)Tailgater Wrote: Broncos 2015-2016

Seahawks 2013-2014

All-time great? No.
Not sure how you could say those Seahawks D is any better than ours. And you certainly didn't fair great against them, although you did beat them. Our corners are better than theirs were those years and our DL is better.

The argument is whether our D is as great as some the Pats have faced. There was a claim that the Pats have faced a few teams with better Ds that would "spin circles" around our D.
I don't see it.

I thought it was a Jags fan making the 'spin circles' comment. My bad. If it was a Pats fan, I'll have some of what he's smoking.

I have no doubt the Pats are well aware of the strength of the Jags D. I'll be surprised if Brady goes at Ramsey much, if at all...unless he's assigned to Gronk. Then he'll put his faith in #87 to come down with the ball.

(01-17-2018, 12:50 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 12:18 PM)Tailgater Wrote: Broncos 2015-2016

Seahawks 2013-2014

All-time great? No.

I don't see it.

Why have a discussion with a biased New England fan that has shown in more than a few threads here what he's really here for?

He's one of those Patriot fans that will never admit to anyone having a chance against his team.  Tom Brady, Belicheck, and we have history!  Next he'll try to argue that Brady is playing as good now as he has in the past.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21265...lly-strong

http://www.footballperspective.com/putti...rspective/
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-17-2018, 02:48 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21265...lly-strong

http://www.footballperspective.com/putti...rspective/

Facts.

(01-17-2018, 02:48 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 12:50 PM)Kane Wrote: Jackson said we're better than those Broncos

I don't see it.

Why have a discussion with a biased New England fan that has shown in more than a few threads here what he's really here for?

He's one of those Patriot fans that will never admit to anyone having a chance against his team.  Tom Brady, Belicheck, and we have history!  Next he'll try to argue that Brady is playing as good now as he has in the past.
At this point in the season ALL fans are biased towards their team. We've all seen the Steelers put up 42 points and the 49ers put up 44 points, and the Titans beat you twice. We've all seen the Bills hold you to 10 points and the Titans hold you to 16 and 10 points. 

NE lost to a bad Dolphins team and had a close game against the Jets. 2 stinkers right there!

On paper, the Patriots should win, but the games aren't played on paper, are they? The biggest factor will be Bortles. NE will score their points. They always do. Which Bortles will show up. The one that finally (and thankfully) shut up the Steelers and their fans, or the one that Buffalo's decidedly average defense made afraid to throw? Over the last 12 games, NE has only given up 14 points a game. Can the Jags score in the 30s? They'll probably need to...

Oh no, a good defense, what will we do?

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 07:19 PM by jjgator.)

(01-17-2018, 07:02 PM)ricko1112 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 02:48 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: Why have a discussion with a biased New England fan that has shown in more than a few threads here what he's really here for?

At this point in the season ALL fans are biased towards their team. We've all seen the Steelers put up 42 points and the 49ers put up 44 points, and the Titans beat you twice. We've all seen the Bills hold you to 10 points and the Titans hold you to 16 and 10 points. 

NE lost to a bad Dolphins team and had a close game against the Jets. 2 stinkers right there!

On paper, the Patriots should win, but the games aren't played on paper, are they? The biggest factor will be Bortles. NE will score their points. They always do. Which Bortles will show up. The one that finally (and thankfully) shut up the Steelers and their fans, or the one that Buffalo's decidedly average defense made afraid to throw? Over the last 12 games, NE has only given up 14 points a game. Can the Jags score in the 30s? They'll probably need to...

It could be possible that they don't. Let's not forget this:

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk-wWUQKBg[/video]

I always find pre-game trash talking amongst fans amusing.

I don't engage in it just in case I look like a prick following a loss.

Alternatively, once the game is over, if we've won, I can justifiably be a prick about it.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Thumbs Up  (This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 07:26 PM by BostonBlackie.)

(01-17-2018, 07:18 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I always find pre-game trash talking amongst fans amusing.

I don't engage in it just in case I look like a prick following a loss.

Alternatively, once the game is over, if we've won, I can justifiably be a prick about it.

That's the way to play it.

"Tom Brady on Jaguars: 'Best team we’ve faced all season"
Stephen Hewitt Tuesday, January 16, 2018

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patri...all_season