Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone clearly outcoached Tomlin...

(01-14-2018, 08:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Why the hell did the Steelers keep trying to run side to side?

They did it twice in a row at one point.

4th and inches the ran a deep toss to the right....
Then again later on 4th and short, they threw the ball...

Interesting....

stupid...

but interesting lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2018, 12:43 PM)Jest101 Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 12:36 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: The in game coaching of Tomlin rivals that of Gus Bradley.

OK, Tomlin wasn't good yesterday but a Bradley comparison is just unfair lol.

I mean Bradley would struggle coaching a team against Landmark (yes the middle school).

I disagree.  His in game coaching was awful yesterday and it isn't the first time.

(01-14-2018, 07:39 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Marrone will be around a long time

Let's hope he will Smile

(01-15-2018, 11:20 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 11:18 AM)Brett Wrote: I disagree with the user here that said onside kicking by them was the right call. It was still 2:12 left to go and they had at least 2 timeouts left if not 3 right? That was an awful call in my opinion.

I guess there's more than one way to look at it, but I completely agree with you.  He basically said he had no confidence in his defense, by doing that.

Though I can understand one or more reasons why Mike Tomlin decided to Onside Kick,  the no confidence message he sent to his Defense by trying an Onside Kick is a key reason why I think he should have used a much more conventional kickoff.  It will be interesting to see what transpires in the coming months and into next season as a result of Tomlin's decision.

Congrats on the win. Also sending karma from Steeler Nation for you to beat the Pats***** this week. It's not often we root for the team that just beat us but in this case we're all behind you.
Frankly I think the Jags have a better chance than us to beat the Pats***** anyway. Much better defense. Been proven time after time that Belicheat and Br*dy own Tomlin, Butler, and LeBeau before him. If ya'll hung 45 on us, the Pats***** would have scored 60 so ya'll spared us that humiliation again.
FWIW, all of Steeler Nation is calling for Mike Mitchell to be cut and for the entire defensive coaching staff to be fired. About 50% want Tomlin, aka Mikey Coolshades aka Captain Obviously aka Captain Cool Shades, to be fired too (ain't gonna happen).
LeVeon Bell is great on the field but an idiot off of it, yes we know that.
Steeler Nation does not have to travel.  We're already there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!