Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Bortles Disrespect Continues From Pittsburgh

They suck, and we are moving on!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 11:55 AM by jaglyn.)

That was a sick block by Yeldon on that gif. Dude tried to lower his shoulder but then got flayed. Blake had the first down but he got a few more chunks of yards cus of that block

(01-15-2018, 10:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 10:19 AM)ricko1112 Wrote: This is typical of the Steelers. Lots of talk before the game and lots of talk after the game. In big games, the talk is usually just excuses. 

NE plays them just about every year. It's all guarantees before the play begins. After they lose, it's excuses, blame games, the ref's fault, rules need to be changed, they got lucky, can't wait to play them next year, blah blah blah...

The way the NFL schedules are constructed, if the Jags sustain their success, they'll be playing the Steelers more often. So, just sit back and enjoy the whining in Pittsburgh!

Trust me, we were in the same division with them our first seven years.  

We know Steelers fans all too well.

Any failure of their team to win by twenty, to say nothing of every loss, is the inevitable result of a fluke, referee conspiracy, or Steelers charity, according to them.

I remember when squealers would come here for a home game....and Florida being Florida.....tons of squealer fans would show up.
They're only surpassed by the tacks fans on my Hate-Meter. Stupid towels.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I could only make it half through this idiots article

Wore my Jags long sleeve shirt to work today here in Pitts as promised. Getting lots of comments from the crowd including from my boss' boss, who said I looked and smelled like [BLEEP].

Lol
My sig goes here!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM by Jest101.)

My pouting 8 year old could have written this article.

I am starting to agree more with the sentiment our players have this week about Pittsburg (a bunch of punks).  

I even made an account on their fan page this week and tried to engage in some reasonable convo to offer a Jags fan perspective.  Both times administrators did not approve my posts and they disappeared lol.

Talk about weak!

(01-15-2018, 12:04 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: Wore my Jags long sleeve shirt to work today here in Pitts as promised.   Getting lots of comments from the crowd including from my boss' boss, who said I looked and smelled like [BLEEP].

Lol

That is freaking awesome!!!!

(01-15-2018, 12:04 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: Wore my Jags long sleeve shirt to work today here in Pitts as promised.   Getting lots of comments from the crowd including from my boss' boss, who said I looked and smelled like [BLEEP].

Lol

Great move!.....and just keep on smilin'!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Most of them are saying go stomp Brady next week.
My sig goes here!

(01-15-2018, 09:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think it's fantastic that he's now 2 - 0 in the post season. I hope he finishes 4 - 0. It doesn't matter how you start. It's how you finish. I'll take a pedestrian passer during the regular season all year if it means he heats up like an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco when the games truly matter. Sure, his numbers weren't gaudy.

But it's like the guy pointed out in the article. He lobbed a crucial bomb to Cole and then he ran for 16 on a 3rd down to keep the drive going. He also took advantage of Ben's mistake early and he made Tomlin pay for a few of his 4th down attempts that failed.

People can say what they want about this team. Bortles doesn't have an all pro receiving group to throw to like Big Ben does. Bortles doesn't have first team all pro's or pro bowl lineman blocking for him like Big Ben does. People in Pittsburgh can make all the excuses they want to make themselves feel better. But just like back in week 5 and just like yesterday. The better [BLEEP] team won. And that's that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

The ironic thing and bottom line is this.  This team won BECAUSE of the play of Blake Bortles rather than in spite of his play.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-15-2018, 10:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 09:41 AM)Banatha Wrote: Truth is Bortles is mediocre. Is this disputable? Not really So the steelers are upset a mediocre QB beat them.  It shows lack of respect for our team in whole and our coaches. Blake's mediocrity was more than offset by their prima Donna players and terrible Steeler coaching. Tomlin sucks, and we have a hard nosed TEAM.Simple as that.

I couldn't have said it better myself. 100% spot on.

I'm sure you couldn't. You'd both still be wrong, but you couldn't be wrong any better than him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 04:16 PM by D6.)

It makes no sense at all to me when an opposite player or coach disses a player and/ or an overall team.

People can say all they want about the Patriots in terms of Spygate, Deflategate, and whatever else. However, I would be very surprised if any Patriots player disses Blake Bortles and/ or any other Jaguars player before, during, or after the upcoming AFC Championship game. This is one team that I'm anticipating will respect the Jaguars to the nth degree.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 04:40 PM by Tuxedo.)

I read the whole thing and while there is some disrespect towards Bortles, I thought it was a pretty fair article. To me it really reads more as the writer coming to grips with the fact that Blake Bortles isn't as bad as the meme version everyone makes him out to be.

"For every off-target throw — he went 14 for 26 and put grass-stains on his share of balls — there was an effective checkdown. He didn’t turn the ball over. He didn’t take a sack. He rushed for 35 yards, including a crucial 16-yarder in the fourth quarter on one of Jacksonville’s eight third-down conversions."

" 'One thing I learned is when you talk negative about him, he comes out and just proves you wrong over and over again,' cornerback A.J. Bouye said. 'He did it against Seattle. He did it the first time [against the Steelers in October]. He did it today. I got a lot of respect for him.'

It’s impossible not to feel the same."

Those generally aren't quotes you'd put in a piece to rip on a player. Sure, there are all the meme bits in the article, but he mentions that at the end of the day Bortles did his part to help the Jaguars win and because of that, Pittsburgh's season is over.

(01-15-2018, 04:39 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: I read the whole thing and while there is some disrespect towards Bortles, I thought it was a pretty fair article. To me it really reads more as the writer coming to grips with the fact that Blake Bortles isn't as bad as the meme version everyone makes him out to be.

"For every off-target throw — he went 14 for 26 and put grass-stains on his share of balls — there was an effective checkdown. He didn’t turn the ball over. He didn’t take a sack. He rushed for 35 yards, including a crucial 16-yarder in the fourth quarter on one of Jacksonville’s eight third-down conversions."

" 'One thing I learned is when you talk negative about him, he comes out and just proves you wrong over and over again,' cornerback A.J. Bouye said. 'He did it against Seattle. He did it the first time [against the Steelers in October]. He did it today. I got a lot of respect for him.'

It’s impossible not to feel the same."

Those generally aren't quotes you'd put in a piece to rip on a player. Sure, there are all the meme bits in the article, but he mentions that at the end of the day Bortles did his part to help the Jaguars win and because of that, Pittsburgh's season is over.

Exactly. Can you imagine how difficult it has to be to be the Steelers with their winning seasons and history and all to get beat at home twice in one season by Blake Bortles, who is Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde, and the bastard redheaded stepchild team of the NFL, those lowly Jaguars who were 3-13 last year? 

The Steelers have a lot of pride and a lot of history with the Pats. We were a minor blip on their radar on their way to what they were sure was going to be a sound thumping of the Pats and on to the SB. I totally believe there are shock waves going through the city of Pittsburgh today. Genuine shock among the players and the fans that they lost to us. They're coming to grips with reality and I don't think it's an easy pill to swallow.

I love it.

We WON, You Lost, DEAL WITH IT!
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]