Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Love for Yan

I just want to say he is slowly becoming my favorite Jag.... behind Ramsey of course Smile

He wrecks games. Strip Sack on Big Ben the pretty much gave us the cushion we needed to win. Since Tony Brackens had his career year with his game-changing sacks, Yannick has finally filled that void.

Bobby McCray had his 10 sack season but I don't remember any of them "game changing" 

So glad we got him. And to think he lasted until the 3rd round is crazy. I think that gives him 7 FF's on the year. I remember earlier in the year against Cleveland and Maybe NYJ he had a strip sack that we scooped and scored on but they got called back. 

He's gonna break the bank come contract time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Never seen a player that can force fumbles the way he can outside of maybe Derrick Thomas and Damarcus Ware.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 09:13 PM by brianmsbc.)

He is kinda like Osi Umenyiora.
Dante would be Jason Pierre-Paul...
I would say Calais is like Strahan but there is no comparison for Calais... they don't make guys like Calais.

I looked back at that draft... Ramsey, Jack, and Ngakoue in consecutive picks... WOW.

The dude is a straight up playmaker!
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

We finally replaced...and upgraded...Brackens.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yan Solo

He's been my favorite Jag since we drafted him. "Ngak" is so underrated it's ridiculous! He just comes up with big plays at key moments. I know he's smaller than a lot of DE's and he might not be the fastest, but the guy shows great technique, a non-stop motor and a ton of determination. I hope he stays a Jag for a long, long time.

It will take guys like Ngakoue elevating their games even more if we are going to have a chance against New England.

Frankly our pass rush was poor on Sunday
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(01-15-2018, 09:10 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: He is kinda like Osi Umenyiora.
Dante would be Jason Pierre-Paul...
I would say Calais is like Strahan but there is no comparison for Calais... they don't make guys like Calais.

I looked back at that draft... Ramsey, Jack, and Ngakoue in consecutive picks... WOW.

ANYONE COULD'VE MADE THOSE PICKS DANGIT! #firecaldwell

/sarcasm

Yeah...Ramsey, Jack, and Yannick all in the same draft is crazy.

(01-15-2018, 11:38 PM)SuperJville Wrote: It will take guys like Ngakoue elevating their games even more if we are going to have a chance against New England.

Frankly our pass rush was poor on Sunday

Because they blitzed almost not at all. 4 men rushing each time.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Yannick is a BEAST! straight up
and if doesn't get ya' ...we have others....the goat is going to get sick of this D
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-15-2018, 11:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's been my favorite Jag since we drafted him. "Ngak" is so underrated it's ridiculous! He just comes up with big plays at key moments. I know he's smaller than a lot of DE's and he might not be the fastest, but the guy shows great technique, a non-stop motor and a ton of determination. I hope he stays a Jag for a long, long time.
I LIKED HIM BEFORE YOU SO I WIN!!

In all seriousness, I watched just about every snap of his since UMD is my alma mater. He abused Conklin and Decker in college. If he hadn’t played for a bad Big Ten school, he would have higher. Jags did their homework.

Like others have said, Ramsey Jack and Ngakoue. This year Fournette Robinson Westbrook. That is 6 key contributors in the last 2 drafts. Unreal.

I like "Ngak" better than "Yan"

(01-15-2018, 11:38 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Frankly our pass rush was poor on Sunday

Poor?
IDK bout that...
2 sacks, forced fumbled, forced errant throw that led to INT.
AT LEAST a dozen "hurries" or pressures.
Got a few QB hits in too.

It might not have been the best day our DL ever had... but I wouldn't say poor.
Steelers OL is pretty good. They have a QB that, looks like a statue, but is pretty mobile for a large man, and hard to bring down when you do get your mitts on him.