Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump leading by 2 points in Florida

Quote:You are wrong and clearly a little perturbed by the latest polls.

Maybe the machines can continue switching Trump votes to Clinton votes though.

No, he is right. There have been reports about leading Republicans fearing they will lose their "down ticket" races (House, Senate, etc.) because of Trump.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:My point stands.

If Obama couldn't win them, I can't see how Clinton will win them. 

Hasn't Ohio gone in favor of every Presidential candidate that would eventually win the election since the 1800s? I know it has since Carter. 

You have no point. I just debunked it.

Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976, not the 1800s. He was my first president 39 years ago.

Quote:You have no point. I just debunked it.

Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976, not the 1800s. He was my first president 39 years ago.

You would think someone with your condition wouldn't invite criticism so quickly. You didn't debunk anything, and I never said Carter was elected in the 1800s. 

Patterns have a place in things like elections. States like Texas have held long-time leads for Republican candidates. There's no reason to believe Texas, Georgia, Arizona or North Carolina would lean Democrat for this election, for a candidate struggling to unite her party. While you may believe you're right, you haven't said anything to explain why Democrats would see a larger jump in States that lean Republican even when Democrats saw unprecedented turnout for Obama, and he couldn't do it. 

Do you also dislike when Clinton shows a lead or is it just for Trump?

Quote:You would think someone with your condition wouldn't invite criticism so quickly. You didn't debunk anything, and I never said Carter was elected in the 1800s. 

Patterns have a place in things like elections. States like Texas have held long-time leads for Republican candidates. There's no reason to believe Texas, Georgia, Arizona or North Carolina would lean Democrat for this election, for a candidate struggling to unite her party. While you may believe you're right, you haven't said anything to explain why Democrats would see a larger jump in States that lean Republican even when Democrats saw unprecedented turnout for Obama, and he couldn't do it. 

Do you also dislike when Clinton shows a lead or is it just for Trump?

Not sure what you mean in your first sentence.

I never said Texans, North Carolina, Arizona, or any other Republican state will "lean Democrat" this year. I said they are not leaning either way in the 2016 presidential race. What polls are telling us is states not traditionally known to be "battlegrounds" in presidential elections are changing to that status this year. We will see narrower Trump wins in those states than Romney got in 2012.

p.s. - if you think healthcare costs only became high because of Obamacare, you haven't been paying attention.

p.p.s.- if you think Trump has proposed anything remotely viable to replace it, you'd likely also sign off on architectural designs to build a house written on a napkin in crayon.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:p.s. - if you think healthcare costs only became high because of Obamacare, you haven't been paying attention.

p.p.s.- if you think Trump has proposed anything remotely viable to replace it, you'd likely also sign off on architectural designs to build a house written on a napkin in crayon.

It's not that rates are high, it's that pretty much every selling point that came out of Obama's flapper turned out to be completely wrong. Just like anyone with a working brain said it would. Just wait until you get to enjoy the destruction MACRA is about to cause when the payment penalties really kick in. Gonna be a blast!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:This Obamacare fiasco has a good chance of swinging a lot of these states in favor of Trump. I think I saw North Carolina reporting as much as 50% increases in premiums.

The problem is it impacts less than 10% of the population

;

;

Quote:The problem is it impacts less than 10% of the population

Perception is everything.

Quote:Perception is everything.

So we shift the burden back on the taxpayer by dropping ACA and outing 40 million back off insurance? Uninsured can go back to the ER and allow the taxpayer to pay the medical bills ?

Tha

Quote:So we shift the burden back on the taxpayer by dropping ACA and outing 40 million back off insurance? Uninsured can go back to the ER and allow the taxpayer to pay the medical bills?

The burden would shift back to everyone who is currently covered and will have to change insurance plans.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 09:53 AM by badger.)

many people who got healthcare subsidy dont even like it.  they get annoyed when they have to pay it back because they made too much money.  plus whatever coverage they have has such a high deductible it's basically worthless unless you need some kind of serious surgery.

Quote:many people who got healthcare subsidy dont even like it. they get annoyed when they have to pay it back because they made too much money. plus whatever coverage they have has such a high deductible it's basically worthless unless you need some kind of serious surgery.

Of course! They used to get it for free. Then you and I paid for it.

Even if true, that's a large percentage and enough to convince a lot of the remaining 90% that their insurance will go up too. 

Quote:So we shift the burden back on the taxpayer by dropping ACA and outing 40 million back off insurance? Uninsured can go back to the ER and allow the taxpayer to pay the medical bills ?

Tha

The people that didn't pay their bills before aren't paying their bills now.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 04:13 PM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:Even if true, that's a large percentage and enough to convince a lot of the remaining 90% that their insurance will go up too.

The people that didn't pay their bills before aren't paying their bills now.
They're paying something vs nothing eh?

We went from "if you like your doctor.... You can keep your doctor.... If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.... The average family will save $2500 a year" to:

Quote:p.s. - if you think healthcare costs only became high because of Obamacare, you haven't been paying attention.

Dodge duck dip dive dodge...

This is embarrassing.

By 2040 Obamacare ss Medicaid and Medicare will have all reached insolvency (with the first coming in the next couple of years.) the broken promises of progressivism...

We all pay the taxes

Quote:We all pay the taxes

Some on here don't...

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 05:28 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Some on here don't...

Isn't it paid for by income taxes? That would explain it. Some people don't have jobs.

Quote:Isn't it paid for by income taxes? That would explain it. Some people don't have jobs.

Yeah, societal leeches.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato