Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack with another monster game

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 09:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

LB @MylesJack’s stats from his last three games played:

• Sept. 9, 2018 at NYG: 10 tackles, INT-TD

• Jan. 21, 2018 at N.E.: 7 tackles, 1 FF, 1 FR

• Jan. 14, 2018 at PIT: 6 tackles, 1 INT

Three consecutive games with a takeaway entering Sunday’s home opener.

Myles Jack nominated for Week 1 AFC Defensive Player of the Week

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 09:55 PM by knarnn.)

Poz who?

And to think some of y’all were panicking when he retired. Jack may not ever be the run stuffer Poz was but he makes up for it in so many more ways.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-10-2018, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: LB @MylesJack’s stats from his last three games played:

• Sept. 9, 2018 at NYG: 10 tackles, INT-TD

• Jan. 21, 2018 at N.E.: 7 tackles, 1 FF, 1 FR

• Jan. 14, 2018 at PIT: 6 tackles, 1 INT

Three consecutive games with a takeaway entering Sunday’s home opener.

Myles Jack nominated for Week 1 AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Yes and if extend it to the last 4 games, even if the Buffalo game didn't have a direct takeover by Myles he wasn't bad either: 6 tackles, 1 sack (very important in the 4th quarter) and the great pass break-up with deflection up in the air that provided Colvin's interception.
Great stuff.

I wanted to draft him in the first but understood talking ramsey when he was still on the board. When we were able to snag him in the second it immediately became my favorite draft ever. If him, jalen, and yannick stay on their current career arcs, could this end up being the best draft by one team in the modern era?

Nice comment in USA Today's power rankings:

"They can get lost in defensive picture, but Myles Jack and Telvin Smith seem ready to make argument they're league's top linebacking duo."

He has the potential to be another Luke Kuechly type at the position. Great instincts. Tremendous range. Just needs to shore up on his tackling a bit more and he'll be set for years to come. He's definitely a guy I hope to see in Jacksonville for the next ten years.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He's in year 3 which is when most NFL players start to realize their full potential.

Definitely excited for him and glad he's on our team.

(09-11-2018, 11:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He has the potential to be another Luke Kuechly type at the position. Great instincts. Tremendous range. Just needs to shore up on his tackling a bit more and he'll be set for years to come. He's definitely a guy I hope to see in Jacksonville for the next ten years.

Agreed, I think he is the new breed of LB like Telvin who now has more finesse/speed than power/strength. Not saying they are weak, but I think power isn't their biggest attribute. These guys stretch the field and make our lb's who drop into zone coverage against te's and Rb's less of a liability and more of a strength.

(09-11-2018, 12:29 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 11:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He has the potential to be another Luke Kuechly type at the position. Great instincts. Tremendous range. Just needs to shore up on his tackling a bit more and he'll be set for years to come. He's definitely a guy I hope to see in Jacksonville for the next ten years.

Agreed, I think he is the new breed of LB like Telvin who now has more finesse/speed than power/strength. Not saying they are weak, but I think power isn't their biggest attribute. These guys stretch the field and make our lb's who drop into zone coverage against te's and Rb's less of a liability and more of a strength.

I think Jack packs a nice punch when he's able to get away cleanly from a blocker. He's nearly 250 pounds. There's plenty of power to him with speed. Smith fits that bill perfectly though. He's certainly using his speed to bob and weave would be blockers instead of engaging them head on.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."