Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Domestic Terrorist Group Thwarted

Quote:I'm glad these scum bags were stopped. I hope they rot in jail. Attacking anyone for thier religious beliefs is wrong. I, for one, will not think every white man in Kansas is a terrorist.

It's a shame that some people think every Muslim is a terrorist.

On the flip side, is a shame that some people think every white man is a privileged oppressor of minorities and women.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:On the flip side, is a shame that some people think every white man is a privileged oppressor of minorities and women.
Or just privileged- period. 

It makes me sick how much us normal everyday folks are allowing MSM, social media, news channels, politics, the radical BLM folks, the radical Christian folks, pretty much any radicalized group, to divide us as a nation. I think we have forgotten that we're all in this together regardless of the color of our skin, the money we make, our level of education, our religious beliefs or lack of, etc. When did we become a nation of sheep listening to everyone else to have an opinion on something instead of coming to conclusions on our own?

Even on this board we argue ourselves into the ground for something we feel is right when most of the time it's only our opinion, or something we heard or read from someone else. People can't accept that there are folks who do not think the same as they do and resort to name calling and arguing that should make us feel ashamed we are treating a fellow human being that way. I am 44 years old and remember a time when people could have conversations with differing opinions and handle themselves with dignity and respect. Now it seems like everything is about how right we are, no matter the damage we do to our own reputations as well as the damage we do to others with our nasty behavior. 

Kotite was right in that this should not have turned into a focus on political parties and the ensuing finger pointing. This is NOT about Clinton or Trump, it's about Americans wanting to turn this country into a war zone because of their hatred for someone who is different from them. They didn't need anyone to egg them on, they were going to do it anyway, but I will agree that the ramblings of certain politicians or presidential candidates doesn't help matters at all. 

Quote:On the flip side, is a shame that some people think every white man is a privileged oppressor of minorities and women.

20 year olds are idiots.

Some of them even think a wall will bring jobs back to the USA

Quote:20 year olds are idiots.

Some of them even think a wall will bring jobs back to the USA

And some even think they're gonna get free college and health care.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:And some even think they're gonna get free college and health care.

No one said free.

Quote:No one said free.

CLINTON: And on the other side, there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don’t know what that means, but it’s something that they deeply feel.

Apparently someone was saying, or she wouldn't have brought it up....

Quote:CLINTON: And on the other side, there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don’t know what that means, but it’s something that they deeply feel.

Apparently someone was saying, or she wouldn't have brought it up....

Sigh neither candidate is offering free.

It's ignorant to believe. It's how you pay for it thats up for debate.

Quote:Sigh neither candidate is offering free.

It's ignorant to believe. It's how you pay for it thats up for debate.

Even louder sigh...where did I mention that a candidate said it?

Along the lines of the finger pointing at Trump for riling folks up with anti-immigration/immigrant talk, I want to share a comment made on another board about a completely different subject but pretty much sums up how we are being manipulated by politicians who in turn manipulate the media, social media, and who knows what else. 

Both major political parties are increasingly using government to force ideological beliefs/practices upon citizens (even though those citizens may not want this.) Both are supporting an active war against privacy. And both use fear as a means of motivation and justification, often to provide simplified & vague solutions to very complex problems. While this is most prevalent among the extreme ends of each side, the effects can impact everyone.

I couldn't agree with this more and I wish more people would wake up and see it as well. The idea that all Republicans always follow conservative ideology (i.e. Christian values) simply is not true just as all Democrats do not always follow liberal ideology (anything not Christian). People with political gain on both sides have turned Christianity into a culture just as they have with everything not Christian. I focus on Christianity because it is pretty much what most folks think of when they hear 'republican' but it could be other religions as well.

People are foaming at the mouth to argue for and against the most personal of things and that is our individual beliefs. And guess who is stirring that pot? Politicians or political wannabes or has-beens. They do it with racial issues as well. Anything they can do to turn us against each other so we're distracted and not paying attention to what they're doing, or just not paying attention at all. When we get angry enough at each other we're not concerned about what's happening with the people who actually make the decisions this country has to live with. It happens so often that we feel like there is nothing we can do so we become apathetic and stop caring. And that's exactly where they want us. 

United We Stand. Divided We Fall. It is happening.