Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
America ‘plotting to allow 9,000 ISIS fighters to escape terror capital Mosul so they can attack Russian troops'

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2016, 03:08 PM by badger.)

Quote:Assad was receiving assistance from Russia and Iran. We were trying to support the rebels without getting directly involved. That's not what we were doing? That's not why we gave the Syrian Military Council arms?

Okay.. enlighten me.

you made it sound like, "oh we just gave weapons to whoever is getting killed." it's not that simple. this was the opportunity the white house and Pentagon were waiting for to make another regime change.

and it's not like the people who will replace Assad in this case are super swell.  they would be a Saudi puppet... not exactly a bastion of human rights on this planet.  you're talking about rebels who believe in ethnic cleansing.

you're talking about people who behead and crucify those who do not convert to Islam.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2016, 03:18 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:you made it sound like, "oh we just gave weapons to whoever is getting killed." it's not that simple. this was the opportunity the white house and Pentagon were waiting for to make another regime change.

and it's not like the people who will replace Assad in this case are super swell. they would be a Saudi puppet... not exactly a bastion of human rights on this planet. you're talking about rebels who believe in ethnic cleansing.

you're talking about people who behead and crucify those who do not convert to Islam.
So what would you have done differently? Nothing? I'm not saying it is an easy solution. Economic sanctions from the US (our diplomatic move) and the Arab League ushered them right into Russia's willing arms since we also had sanctions against them. Without support from Russia and Iran, the rebels may have overthrown the government. Not sure it would have been better, but it's their country and they have kinda been like this on and off for roughly 2000 years. We should just let the guy gas his own people? I'm not saying what we did was great, but it has been a desperate situation for some time and millions of people who could care less about the government or the rebellion have been caught in the middle. Since you obviously think arming the rebels was the wrong move, what would you have done?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:So what would you have done differently? Nothing? I'm not saying it is an easy solution. Economic sanctions from the US (our diplomatic move) and the Arab League ushered them right into Russia's willing arms since we also had sanctions against them. Without support from Russia and Iran, the rebels may have overthrown the government. Not sure it would have been better, but it's their country and they have kinda been like this on and off for roughly 2000 years. We should just let the guy gas his own people? I'm not saying what we did was great, but it has been a desperate situation for some time and millions of people who could care less about the government or the rebellion have been caught in the middle. Since you obviously think arming the rebels was the wrong move, what would you have done?

nothing involving military support, it's done nothing but prolong the war for a bunch of people who dont want war. but we are so far gone in weapons distributions and alliances with countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar, it makes no matter what i would have done.

as they say, you cant turn a battleship quickly. it takes time. this ship has sailed and will continue to run over millions. 

Quote:Since you obviously think arming the rebels was the wrong move, what would you have done?

NOTHING! We have no business being the Middle-East morality police or nation-shapers. NONE. No obligation. There are two allies that matter over there, and they both have (relatively) stable, secular governments. Egypt and Israel. Nobody else matters unless they are impacting OURS or THEIR sovereignty in the form of diplomatically declared war. None of it is worth sinking trillions of dollars and American lives. Just because you see a propagandized video or image of a child being killed is not a reason to invest our soldiers lives or military dollars into it. You can have humanitarian missions, offer safe zones with your allies, even take SOME refugees, but we should not be overthrowing any governments or arming any rebels over there. It shouldn't be happening.

Quote:nothing involving military support, it's done nothing but prolong the war for a bunch of people who dont want war. but we are so far gone in weapons distributions and alliances with countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar, it makes no matter what i would have done.

as they say, you cant turn a battleship quickly. it takes time. this ship has sailed and will continue to run over millions.

Well we were already dropping high calorie meals where we could. Should we have also included a note that said.. "sorry to hear Russia is arming the opposition, enjoy this Clif bar?" Like I said, I agree with you it was ill advised, but we kinda have a long track record of this type of thing and I can understand the logic which put this option on the table.

Quote:NOTHING! We have no business being the Middle-East morality police or nation-shapers. NONE. No obligation. There are two allies that matter over there, and they both have (relatively) stable, secular governments. Egypt and Israel. Nobody else matters unless they are impacting OURS or THEIR sovereignty in the form of diplomatically declared war. None of it is worth sinking trillions of dollars and American lives. Just because you see a propagandized video or image of a child being killed is not a reason to invest our soldiers lives or military dollars into it. You can have humanitarian missions, offer safe zones with your allies, even take SOME refugees, but we should not be overthrowing any governments or arming any rebels over there. It shouldn't be happening.

So when a country gets hit with a monsoon we help, but when millions are caught up in a civil war, we cannot intervene in any way? Contrary to what you may have heard we did not sink trillions into Syria or risk American lives. Sorry to hear the videos of dead kids were acceptable to you. The CIA obviously felt there was good reason to intervene. Wonder what they know that you don't. Keep in mind, at the time there was mounting political pressure from both sides of the aisle for the US to do something to help. We are the big swinging dick of the world and will be until any other 7 nations catch up to our military spending. And as part of the UN, we kinda always are at or near the front line on such operations. We pretty much did nothing as long as we could. Then we did something.

No, we should not intervene. We.should.not.intervene. We are not the world police. We defend our allies from aggression and answer their call to arms. We do not intervene in civil wars.

US implements 'scorched earth' policy towards Russia – FM spox

I hope those who vote for Hillary are the first ones drafted. I will not budge an inch if they call my name. I guarantee there will be a coup if this is the direction the US is going. The people do not want war with Russia.

Tell it to the many members of Congress who called for action in Syria who don't like watching civilians get killed by their government. Then go watch Spies Like Us and tell me what we need to worry about. Not sure why you're so scared since you insist Hillary will be well into a coma before her inauguration is supposed to take place.

Quote:No, we should not intervene. We.should.not.intervene. We are not the world police. We defend our allies from aggression and answer their call to arms. We do not intervene in civil wars.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.rt.com/document/57ffa794c36188a2738b4613/amp'>US implements 'scorched earth' policy towards Russia – FM spox</a>

I hope those who vote for Hillary are the first ones drafted. I will not budge an inch if they call my name. I guarantee there will be a coup if this is the direction the US is going. The people do not want war with Russia.

Your prolly too old anyhow!

Quote:No, we should not intervene. We.should.not.intervene. We are not the world police. We defend our allies from aggression and answer their call to arms. We do not intervene in civil wars.

First ones drafted?  There is no draft.  Seriously, you trumpettes have lost your minds.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2016, 10:20 PM by rollerjag.)

Trump especially. Heck, Trump plans on giving Putin his own guest wing of the White House if elected.

Are you really citing the words of a Russian foreign ministry spokesperson as proof of the US's "scorched earth" policy towards Russia?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Comrade JW knows much on theees. Yull see.