Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The DBs

I'm so tired of watching this crap scheme on defense. We aren't fooling anyone obviously.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The only thing people have to complain about Cyprien, from this past game is him throwing a shoulder into a WR, after said WR already ran freely down the field for 40 yards...

If that's the only complaint about Cyp from this past game...... Get over it, honestly.

Yea, he very well may be gone after this season, but please stop dwelling on the fact that he tried to shoulder a WR, instead of wrapping him up after the WR freely ran down the field wide open.

Would Cyp tackling him at the 3 yard line really make that much of a difference? Highly doubtful with the way this entire clown show preformed this past Sunday.

Cyp has been hit or miss, there's no denying that over his entire career here. But to single him out on a play that wasn't his responsibility, is down right idiotic.

oh there are other plays from Cyprien. I just chose the most pathetic.

Quote:And lastly, I think our secondary has been perfectly fine so far.

No on would argue that they did bad against the Packers. They did decently against the Chargers too, honestly. Rivers had plays of 42, 43, and 44 yards, two of which came against the linebackers. Gates, Gordon, and Woodhead accounted for another 37 yards that was most likely also the fault of the Linebackers. That means out of Rivers 220 yards, 54 total yards were on our DBs outside of the House burn. That's not too bad at all to me, especially considering some of that damage was also done against Gratz while Amukamara and Colvin are out.

I see no reason to be blaming the secondary at the moment. Ok, a little on Cyp.

I am not blaming the game on the dbs. I just expect more. The whole team is to blame for that poo we saw the other day.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 08:04 AM by Tyler1Reformed.)

I really like Ramsey and Prince, and still think it's early to say anything on Gipson but Cyprien has to go which I know is pretty much unanimous at this point.

I hate the defensive scheme and all the crappy names for players we don't have.  I'm sure the DBs hate the scheme as well.  We could have Revis in his prime and we would be having him play soft zone and not using his strengths.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:The only thing people have to complain about Cyprien, from this past game is him throwing a shoulder into a WR, after said WR already ran freely down the field for 40 yards...

If that's the only complaint about Cyp from this past game...... Get over it, honestly.

Yea, he very well may be gone after this season, but please stop dwelling on the fact that he tried to shoulder a WR, instead of wrapping him up after the WR freely ran down the field wide open.

Would Cyp tackling him at the 3 yard line really make that much of a difference? Highly doubtful with the way this entire clown show preformed this past Sunday.

Cyp has been hit or miss, there's no denying that over his entire career here. But to single him out on a play that wasn't his responsibility, is down right idiotic.

He had blown assignments in both games in coverage. And the whiff on Lacy.

He's not horrible, but he'll be upgraded.

Quote:And lastly, I think our secondary has been perfectly fine so far.

No on would argue that they did bad against the Packers. They did decently against the Chargers too, honestly. Rivers had plays of 42, 43, and 44 yards, two of which came against the linebackers. Gates, Gordon, and Woodhead accounted for another 37 yards that was most likely also the fault of the Linebackers. That means out of Rivers 220 yards, 54 total yards were on our DBs outside of the House burn. That's not too bad at all to me, especially considering some of that damage was also done against Gratz while Amukamara and Colvin are out. 

I see no reason to be blaming the secondary at the moment. Ok, a little on Cyp. 

You actually watched all of that?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/masochist

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

If the DB's are really THAT bad then we have to fire Caldwell because he picked pretty much all of them.

Do I think they are really that bad? No. I am purely putting this on coaching because we do see games where they play well and show how they can be when they are prepared for it. BUT, they are prepared well for a game 4 times for every 16 Sad

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:I am very disappointed with this group.  

LOL Gus' good ole boy network .... Jags DB Coach Dwayne Walker

2012 (Final Year as HC of New Mexico State)

Average Points Allowed Per Game = 39.42  -- dude game up 50 points per game in his final 4 games

Sacramento State* W 49–19  

at Ohio* L 24–51  

at UTEP* L 28–41  

New Mexico* L 14–27  

UTSA L 14–35  

at Idaho L 18–26  

at Utah State L 7–41  

Louisiana Tech L 14–28  

at Auburn* L 7–42  

San Jose State L 7–47  

BYU* L 14–50  

at Texas State L 28–66  

Quote:LOL Gus' good ole boy network .... Jags DB Coach Dwayne Walker

2012 (Final Year as HC of New Mexico State)

Average Points Allowed Per Game = 39.42 -- dude game up 50 points per game in his final 4 games

Sacramento State* W 49–19

at Ohio* L 24–51

at UTEP* L 28–41

New Mexico* L 14–27

UTSA L 14–35

at Idaho L 18–26

at Utah State L 7–41

Louisiana Tech L 14–28

at Auburn* L 7–42

San Jose State L 7–47

BYU* L 14–50

at Texas State L 28–66

I can attest. He sucked at NMSU. He's not what I would call an NFL level coach. He wasn't even that good at UCLA.

(Go UTEP!)
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I hate the defensive scheme and all the crappy names for players we don't have.  I'm sure the DBs hate the scheme as well.  We could have Revis in his prime and we would be having him play soft zone and not using his strengths.

No kidding..... we could have the 1985 Bears defensive roster but the Williams "The Refrigerator" Perry and Mike Singletary would be sitting the bench because they didn't fit our scheme.  We'd have Wilber Marshall (RLB) chasing Art Monk