Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats used to hide their hate for you

(11-12-2021, 09:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People use natural gas to heat their homes?

Tell them yes, Mike, or else...

[Image: 1563828884760-AP_19198562365692.jpeg?cro...ter,center]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 09:46 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2021, 09:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: Oh no my arms are very much at my side and AOC has never said anything to me and never will.
Tell me, do you have a furnace that takes diluted bitumen? What do you do about the soot?
Or maybe you meant you have a machine that turns diluted bitumen into methane? You're sitting on a gold mine there, buddy!

Does No. 2 heating oil come from natural gas?

No, but it doesn't come from bitumen either. That is, it's prohibitively expensive and rarely done.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-12-2021, 09:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Does No. 2 heating oil come from natural gas?

No, but it doesn't come from bitumen either.

Where does bitumen come from?

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 09:51 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Can we use regular tumen? Or does it have to be bi?

(11-12-2021, 09:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: No, but it doesn't come from bitumen either.

Where does bitumen come from?

Bitumen is a fossil fuel like oil or coal.  It is the stuff that would have been flowing in the Keystone XL pipeline if it had been completed.  It is solid by itself so they actually dilute it with other fossil fuels to get it flowing.  It's useful for making asphalt and other stuff but not easy or cheap for turning into heating oil.

(11-12-2021, 09:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Can we use regular tumen? Or does it have to be bi?

There's no regular kind, but, they are working on a gay version.  Should be perfect for you!

But what about natural gas heating people's homes? Seems like that would take a lot of beans or a few Mikesez posts to make it through the long, hard winter.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 10:05 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-12-2021, 10:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:49 PM)Jags Wrote: Can we use regular tumen? Or does it have to be bi?

There's no regular kind, but, they are working on a gay version.  Should be perfect for you!

That’s fantastic!  You know me! Love the gay [BLEEP]!  Don’t believe me? Ask your dad!

(11-12-2021, 09:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It has much to do with whether the U.S. has access to cheaper oil. Biden has made sure the U.S. is beholden to OPEC to dictate energy prices. 

You can dance around this all you want. The fact of the matter is this administration and the democrats want to hurt the poor and middle class in a naked attempt at strong-arming them into accepting inadequate clean energy options. Solar panels and windmills will not keep homes warm in the winter. Instead, democrats just shrug and say everyone will have to pay more this winter for energy when they shouldn't have to.

Hmmm.  Here I always thought people heated their homes with natural gas, but you seem to be telling me they do it with diluted bitumen. Am I learning something new today, or do you have no idea how the energy market works?
It doesn't sound like you understand how the industry works. Tell us about your experience.

The price in a free market is set by supply and demand. As the US supply is down greatly, the price goes up. Now we have to depend on the unfree market for our supply. The price is controlled and we cannot do anything about it now unless we fix the supply issues we control that were all shutdown by Biden.

I have a lot of experience with upstream side and none of this is their fault of stopping pumping oil as they now have higher profit margins for doing the same work.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Mike has 2 hybrid minivans in his garage. Not exactly the guy to turn to for energy policy or masculinity.

(11-12-2021, 10:09 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: Hmmm.  Here I always thought people heated their homes with natural gas, but you seem to be telling me they do it with diluted bitumen. Am I learning something new today, or do you have no idea how the energy market works?
It doesn't sound like you understand how the industry works. Tell us about your experience.

The price in a free market is set by supply and demand. As the US supply is down greatly, the price goes up. Now we have to depend on the unfree market for our supply. The price is controlled and we cannot do anything about it now unless we fix the supply issues we control that were all shutdown by Biden.

I have a lot of experience with upstream side and none of this is their fault of stopping pumping oil as they now have higher profit margins for doing the same work.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

You're mostly right except the part where you say Biden shut down supplies.  He did no such thing.  Presidents don't command US oil companies to turn pumps on or off.  The initial March 2020 crisis shut the pumps off when it shut off the demand.  The demand is back but some of the pumps are not back on.  It's a process and workers tend to move on when their jobs go away for a year.

(11-12-2021, 10:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mike has 2 hybrid minivans in his garage.  Not exactly the guy to turn to for energy policy or masculinity.

If you substitute “hybrid minivans” for “penises” and “garage” for [BLEEP] hole…..that makes just as much sense. 

It’s the least I could do for his attempt to call me gay..

(11-12-2021, 10:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 10:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mike has 2 hybrid minivans in his garage.  Not exactly the guy to turn to for energy policy or masculinity.

If you substitute “hybrid minivans” for “penises” and “garage” for [BLEEP] hole…..that makes just as much sense. 

That thing with you and FSG was a one-time deal only, and I thought we were keeping it secret!

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2021, 10:28 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2021, 10:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 10:17 PM)Jags Wrote: If you substitute “hybrid minivans” for “penises” and “garage” for [BLEEP] hole…..that makes just as much sense. 

That thing with you and FSG was a one-time deal only, and I thought we were keeping it secret!

Yes, he and I DP’d you.  We even Eiffel Towered, remember? But I suppose you let the cat out the bag.  A girl should never kiss and tell, Mike. I can go all day.  You won’t win this.  I’ll promise you that.

(11-12-2021, 10:27 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 10:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: That thing with you and FSG was a one-time deal only, and I thought we were keeping it secret!

Yes, he and I DP’d you.  We even Eiffel Towered, remember? But I suppose you let the cat out the bag.  A girl should never kiss and tell, Mike. I can go all day.  You won’t win this.  I’ll promise you that.

We're discussing politics on a subforum dedicated to the least popular NFL team.  There are no winners here.

(11-12-2021, 10:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 10:27 PM)Jags Wrote: Yes, he and I DP’d you.  We even Eiffel Towered, remember? But I suppose you let the cat out the bag.  A girl should never kiss and tell, Mike. I can go all day.  You won’t win this.  I’ll promise you that.

We're discussing politics on a subforum dedicated to the least popular NFL team.  There are no winners here.

Touché

(11-12-2021, 08:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 08:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No, it's the fact they intentionally forced the higher fuel prices and hardship on people in an attempt to coerce them into accepting cleaner energy.

Not everyone understands critical thinking.

Obviously not. Gas prices are a function of demand and supply. Obviously taxation plays some role but not the primary one. As a capitalist you should applaud the system working as designed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Dude. It's not the free market when it's being regulated by government.

(11-13-2021, 07:15 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Dude. It's not the free market when it's being regulated by government.

Every product is regulated to some degree. Unless you mean to say our society isn't capitalist.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Governments control the price of gas, just not our government.