Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ahmaud Arbery's killers all convicted of murder

(11-25-2021, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 05:40 AM)p_rushing Wrote: This one to me always depended on what the laws in GA say. He was trespassing and breaking the law by entering the home. They say there were break-ins in the neighborhood. He was seen previously and was there frequently. He had a long history of crimes, I think even once before using the excuse he was jogging.

It doesn't sound like he stole anything in the house, not sure about the neighborhood. Originally they said they were trying to detain him but I saw something where one of them said they weren't threatened at any time. So they convicted themselves with the testimony. So if following or searching for someone that you suspect is a criminal is against the law, then they broke it. Stopping the truck to try to get him to stop didn't show anything, if they wanted to shoot him, they could have easily just done it while in the truck.

Then you have the fight. Unless something was said, they weren't threatening him other than them having guys which is legal in GA. So not sure why he turns towards the gun and then fights over it. There weren't any shots fired until the fight over the gun. So it all came down to who broke the law first.

I didn't follow the trial but it sounded like they really didn't try to put up any defense.

You have someone who is dead because he ran away and then fought for a gun. If you are just running or not breaking the law, just talk to them and the cops if necessary. Then you can deal with it afterwards and sue for money if it's a racist thing.

You have 3 people in jail for life because they didn't just follow him, although it does sound like they are racist or at least prejudice to think a crime was being committed. They also chose to get out of the truck and put themselves in harm's way.

Terrible choices all around by everyone. All the people involved probably had their lives shaped by a bunch of terrible choices impacted heavily by democrats.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's always a good idea for a lone black guy to stop and talk to three white guys with guns who are chasing him through backwoods Georgia. That is always a safe thing to do. The chasers should've called the cops and followed at a distance AT MOST. Chasing him, trying to stop him, blocking his path, getting out of the trucks, and carrying their weapons while doing so all threatened the guy into a response. Then when he did the moron couldn't even protect his weapon and ended up killing the guy. The wanna pretend it was a "citizen's arrest" but we know it was far more sinister than that.

Backwoods GA? It was a neighborhood and he supposedly lived within 5 miles. He was also thought to have broken in to houses in a nearby neighborhood.

Did they have guns before he took off running? No they had to goo get them. He could have just talked to them. Why does he think every white person is a racist? Probably because he has been brainwashed to believe everything wrong in his life is caused by white supremacists.

Why didn't he just stop running and wait for the cops? I guess because he doesn't trust the cops because of all his interactions for all the crimes he had committed.

GA is open carry, so it isn't threatening to have a gun. If you point it at someone that is different and from the video we have the guns were never pointed at him to threaten him to stop. So the guns were just there for defense at that point and they could have been used to shot him many times before that.

There was no indication they were going to shoot him. They could have already done that or run him over. If they had fought the citizen arrest defense, they may have been to them invalidate the whole case.

There was no right or wrong in this case. They all were wrong but looking solely at the shooting they didn't do anything wrong. That's why the laws mattered as something that happened previously caused that not to be the case.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-25-2021, 10:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah, it's always a good idea for a lone black guy to stop and talk to three white guys with guns who are chasing him through backwoods Georgia. That is always a safe thing to do. The chasers should've called the cops and followed at a distance AT MOST. Chasing him, trying to stop him, blocking his path, getting out of the trucks, and carrying their weapons while doing so all threatened the guy into a response. Then when he did the moron couldn't even protect his weapon and ended up killing the guy. The wanna pretend it was a "citizen's arrest" but we know it was far more sinister than that.

Backwoods GA? It was a neighborhood and he supposedly lived within 5 miles. He was also thought to have broken in to houses in a nearby neighborhood.

Did they have guns before he took off running? No they had to goo get them. He could have just talked to them. Why does he think every white person is a racist? Probably because he has been brainwashed to believe everything wrong in his life is caused by white supremacists.

Why didn't he just stop running and wait for the cops? I guess because he doesn't trust the cops because of all his interactions for all the crimes he had committed.

GA is open carry, so it isn't threatening to have a gun. If you point it at someone that is different and from the video we have the guns were never pointed at him to threaten him to stop. So the guns were just there for defense at that point and they could have been used to shot him many times before that.

There was no indication they were going to shoot him. They could have already done that or run him over. If they had fought the citizen arrest defense, they may have been to them invalidate the whole case.

There was no right or wrong in this case. They all were wrong but looking solely at the shooting they didn't do anything wrong. That's why the laws mattered as something that happened previously caused that not to be the case.

Wow you're really going out of your way to defend those murderers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-25-2021, 10:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah, it's always a good idea for a lone black guy to stop and talk to three white guys with guns who are chasing him through backwoods Georgia. That is always a safe thing to do. The chasers should've called the cops and followed at a distance AT MOST. Chasing him, trying to stop him, blocking his path, getting out of the trucks, and carrying their weapons while doing so all threatened the guy into a response. Then when he did the moron couldn't even protect his weapon and ended up killing the guy. The wanna pretend it was a "citizen's arrest" but we know it was far more sinister than that.

A person who is not a police officer is not allowed to detain a person on suspicion.   That is kidnapping, a felony.   If a death occurs during your felony, that is felony murder.  

Pretty simple.

(11-26-2021, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 10:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Backwoods GA? It was a neighborhood and he supposedly lived within 5 miles. He was also thought to have broken in to houses in a nearby neighborhood.

A person who is not a police officer is not allowed to detain a person on suspicion.   That is kidnapping, a felony.   If a death occurs during your felony, that is felony murder.  

Pretty simple.

It's weird how some of these guys become BLM defending the criminals when the skin color is different. Of course we haven't seen any one TAKE IT TO THE STREETS yet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-26-2021, 10:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: A person who is not a police officer is not allowed to detain a person on suspicion.   That is kidnapping, a felony.   If a death occurs during your felony, that is felony murder.  

Pretty simple.

It's weird how some of these guys become BLM defending the criminals when the skin color is different. Of course we haven't seen any one TAKE IT TO THE STREETS yet.
That’s what you think!

Ronster hasn’t posted as often BECAUSE HES IN THE STREETS!

(11-26-2021, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 10:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's weird how some of these guys become BLM defending the criminals when the skin color is different. Of course we haven't seen any one TAKE IT TO THE STREETS yet.
That’s what you think!

...watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants!

(11-26-2021, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s what you think!

...watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants!

What we normies call drunk peeing on an alley wall?

(11-26-2021, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: ...watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants!

What we normies call drunk peeing on an alley wall?
Lmao if I find myself in such a situation, this is exactly what I call it.

(11-25-2021, 11:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wow you're really going out of your way to defend those murderers.

Their actions of the shooting were legal, as you work your way backwards through the events it makes the actions illegal.

These people seem like they are racist from the info discovered. You cannot use that info if you are also going to block the info on the vast criminal history. You have to look at the actions individually and then as a whole.

(11-26-2021, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: A person who is not a police officer is not allowed to detain a person on suspicion.   That is kidnapping, a felony.   If a death occurs during your felony, that is felony murder.  

Pretty simple.

Kidnapping in GA has a broad definition but that isn't it. You are allowed to do a citizen's arrest on probable cause but if the crime has to meet the threshold which I believe is a felony in GA.

(11-26-2021, 01:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 11:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wow you're really going out of your way to defend those murderers.

Their actions of the shooting were legal, as you work your way backwards through the events it makes the actions illegal.

These people seem like they are racist from the info discovered. You cannot use that info if you are also going to block the info on the vast criminal history. You have to look at the actions individually and then as a whole.

(11-26-2021, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: A person who is not a police officer is not allowed to detain a person on suspicion.   That is kidnapping, a felony.   If a death occurs during your felony, that is felony murder.  

Pretty simple.

Kidnapping in GA has a broad definition but that isn't it. You are allowed to do a citizen's arrest on probable cause but if the crime has to meet the threshold which I believe is a felony in GA.

Bull [BLEEP].

(11-26-2021, 01:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Pretty simple.

This is a really, really, really stupid hill to choose to die on.

Really stupid.

It was a lynching, plain and simple. You may be a racist if you try to find the legal semantics in this case.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 08:39 PM by p_rushing.)

(11-26-2021, 03:44 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: This is a really, really, really stupid hill to choose to die on.

Really stupid.

It was a lynching, plain and simple. You may be a racist if you try to find the legal semantics in this case.

Now it's a lynching?

The law isn't about what you feel. The law is written and generally isn't open-ended. The facts are he started a fight and grabbed a gun. They stopped the truck in front of him in the road but didn't impede him. They may have brushed, sidewiped, hit him with there truck (didn't see if that was ever proven). He may have been commenting a crime in the property or neighborhood. That's why I said it all depended on the law for the citizens arrest. If they were legally able to arrest him then nothing they did was illegal but if not their actions would all be illegal.

I'm not dying on the hill and I don't think they were correct in getting guns and chasing him. They are guilty because the law says they couldn't perform a citizens arrest. It doesn't mean they aren't entitled to a defense and if they had a better lawyer they may have been able to get off.

Wow. You're the reason black folk don't trust the law.