Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Times columnist says he has 'high tolerance' for inflation

New York Times columnist says he has 'high tolerance' for inflation in 'white-hot economy'

David Brooks: 'Since we can’t really fine-tune an economy, we’re probably overheating and we’re getting inflation'

The media continues to downplay mass inflation in today’s economy, including New York Times columnist David Brooks, who encouraged a "white-hot economy" and said he has a "high tolerance" for inflation.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-york-t...-inflation
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As long as people have gas tanks to fill and refrigerators and pantries to stock, it is impossible for the dumbocrats to downplay inflation.

2022 is a bloodbath.

Personally I have a high tolerance for inflation as well, as I'm doing great financially. Most of the voters are not like me, and Democrats had better address that if they expect to stay in power.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

If you click on the link, and watch what he actually says, it's obvious, the quoted statement about inflation is lifted out of context. As usual.

(11-29-2021, 09:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you click on the link, and watch what he actually says, it's obvious, the quoted statement about inflation is lifted out of context.  As usual.

"White hot" wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-29-2021, 09:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 09:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If you click on the link, and watch what he actually says, it's obvious, the quoted statement about inflation is lifted out of context.  As usual.

"White hot" wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
"

Jesus Christ, why don't you watch what he actually said?  He wasn't endorsing inflation.  

Fox News has a hard on for the NY Times for some reason.  They do this all the time.  Maybe they're jealous because the NY Times is good enough that they can charge for their content and Fox News sucks so bad they have to give it away for free.

(11-29-2021, 10:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 09:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: "White hot" wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
"

Jesus Christ, why don't you watch what he actually said?  He wasn't endorsing inflation.  

Fox News has a hard on for the NY Times for some reason.  They do this all the time.  Maybe they're jealous because the NY Times is good enough that they can charge for their content and Fox News sucks so bad they have to give it away for free.

I can read his quotes. Pick a better hill to die on Marty.

Read what you just wrote. Yoy have lost it man.

(11-29-2021, 12:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:  Most of the voters are not like me, and Democrats had better address that if they expect to stay in power.

Actually, most of the voters are exactly like you.  Until they open their eyes to reality the Democrats don't need to change a thing.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.