Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How San Francisco Became a Failed City

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2022, 11:39 AM by mikesez.)

(06-10-2022, 10:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 10:46 AM)mikesez Wrote: Enlighten us.

So how do you account for Jacksonville's problems?

Lol, from 1893 to 1991 every mayor was a Democrat. FOUR (4) Republican mayors in 100 years and all of those in the last 20 with one of them (Austin) changing parties to win his second term. Do you not even have time to use your Wiki-Fu to answer your questions before you make yourself look ig'nant? Be better young man.

Fair enough.
Should we lay the blame on the segregationist mayors in power from 1893 to 1965, or the desegregationists that came after?
Specifically which policies of which mayors do you blame?
I know you're not a republican, but are the current Republican mayors fixing these issues?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2022, 11:39 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 10:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, from 1893 to 1991 every mayor was a Democrat. FOUR (4) Republican mayors in 100 years and all of those in the last 20 with one of them (Austin) changing parties to win his second term. Do you not even have time to use your Wiki-Fu to answer your questions before you make yourself look ig'nant? Be better young man.

Fair enough.
Should we lay the blame on the segregationist mayors in power from 1893 to 1965, or the desegregationists that came after?
Specifically which policies of which mayors do you blame?
I know you're not a republican, but are the current Republican mayors fixing these issues?

I think we lay the blame on 100 years Old South administration, but that's just me. The Republicans haven't been that much better as the City Council is a weed that just can't be pulled, but they've also had about 20 years to try fixing a systemic problem and that's a relatively short time. I also don't think they have answers because Republicans and Democrats are the different sides of the same plugged nickel.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-09-2022, 09:01 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: OR... maybe... just maybe, we are seeing a pattern of destructive blue policies that destroy these places. I know you would have to stop digesting the [BLEEP] you constantly eat from the MSM for you to actually entertain that idea, but I'm still hopeful.

The decline began when the city defunded Harry Callahan's job.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

[Image: latest?cb=20150321231212&path-prefix=protagonist]

(06-10-2022, 09:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: White flight doesn't just happen. You and Mikey keep conveniently leaving out everything before that. Bad policy rooted in idealism precipitated the collapse of those cities. Same thing is happening in SF. We can bicker about the details, but it's the same thing. 20 years from now, some well intentioned idiot is going to blame corruption and white flight for the fall of SF.

Don't be so simplistic.  I agree that bad policies rooted in (mistaken) idealism precipitated the decline of San Francisco.  But I always thought it was the loss of manufacturing jobs, corruption, and white flight that caused Detroit to collapse.  What do you think it was?  What bad policies rooted in idealism precipitated the collapse of Detroit?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not being simplistic. I'm being broad. Simplistic is blaming the problem on the result and not the cause. I'll go into details later, but heading out for the weekend.