Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Commander-in-Chief Forum 8 PM tonight NBC

Quote:That makes sense but it sounded like that question was about people here illegally then joining the army would Trump support letting them stay. I didn't think you could join any military branch if your illegally residing anywhere.

In foreign countries I don't believe you can serve in their military unless you are a citizen. Here in the good old U.S. we take whoever we need and I know some are illegal immigrants. How many? Who knows, but I know it happens.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In foreign countries I don't believe you can serve in their military unless you are a citizen. Here in the good old U.S. we take whoever we need and I know some are illegal immigrants. How many? Who knows, but I know it happens.

Do they lie about their status and we just do a bad job checking on it, or do they say I'm illegal but want to join so i can get my citizenship ship faster?

Personally I think it's a great idea, take the millions here and give them a chance to earn a right to stay legally.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Do they lie about their status and we just do a bad job checking on it, or do they say I'm illegal but want to join so i can get my citizenship ship faster?

Personally I think it's a great idea, take the millions here and give them a chance to earn a right to stay legally.

Immigrants who want to serve are put on a- fast track if you will- toward getting their citizenship. At least that's how I remember it.

As for whether the illegal ones don't claim it, the recruiters/government don't care what their status is, or whatever- who knows. There are ways to get around it if they're illegal and they are technically not able to serve. An interesting subject I'll have to research.

[Image: 30bjwug.gif]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Do they lie about their status and we just do a bad job checking on it, or do they say I'm illegal but want to join so i can get my citizenship ship faster?

It does sound like a good idea.  What better way to see all the great and all the insanity that is the USA.

Quote:In foreign countries I don't believe you can serve in their military unless you are a citizen. Here in the good old U.S. we take whoever we need and I know some are illegal immigrants. How many? Who knows, but I know it happens.

I kind of doubt that.  Yes there are plenty of non-citizens serving, but I don't think that any are illegals.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2016, 06:22 PM by americus 2.0.)

Quote:I kind of doubt that. Yes there are plenty of non-citizens serving, but I don't think that any are illegals.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/25/policy-to-allow-undocumented-immigrants-in-military/16225135/'>http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/25/policy-to-allow-undocumented-immigrants-in-military/16225135/</a>

Sorry about the link. I'm on my Kindle and it is not user friendly on this site for tagging links and such. Anyway, this article is from 2014 and describes the program under which illegal immigrants are allowed into our Armed Forces.

Oh cool. The link us better than I thought.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/25/policy-to-allow-undocumented-immigrants-in-military/16225135/'>http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/25/policy-to-allow-undocumented-immigrants-in-military/16225135/</a>

Sorry about the link. I'm on my Kindle and it is not user friendly on this site for tagging links and such. Anyway, this article is from 2014 and describes the program under which illegal immigrants are allowed into our Armed Forces.

Oh cool. The link us better than I thought.

Interesting article and thanks for sharing that.  Regarding that article here are my thoughts.

My experience/exposure to the military is primarily Navy although I have worked with some Army and Air Force people.  That being said, much of the work that I have done and still do would have very few non-citizens if any in the program(s) and certainly no MAVNI personnel.  I knew and have been around several people serving over the years that were non-citizens but were not illegals.  It's interesting that the Army takes a significant number of the MAVNI personnel while the Air Force has taken a few and the Navy/Marine Corp has not taken any.

My guess is that people that qualify under the MAVNI program can not hold any kind of security clearance (rightly so) and are probably limited to certain jobs within the military.  The qualifications seem reasonable enough (entered the U.S. with their parents under the age of 16) though I would probably like to see that age slightly lower (say 14).

Once again, thanks for the link.  I actually learned something today.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Interesting article and thanks for sharing that.  Regarding that article here are my thoughts.

My experience/exposure to the military is primarily Navy although I have worked with some Army and Air Force people.  That being said, much of the work that I have done and still do would have very few non-citizens if any in the program(s) and certainly no MAVNI personnel.  I knew and have been around several people serving over the years that were non-citizens but were not illegals.  It's interesting that the Army takes a significant number of the MAVNI personnel while the Air Force has taken a few and the Navy/Marine Corp has not taken any.

My guess is that people that qualify under the MAVNI program can not hold any kind of security clearance (rightly so) and are probably limited to certain jobs within the military.  The qualifications seem reasonable enough (entered the U.S. with their parents under the age of 16) though I would probably like to see that age slightly lower (say 14).

Once again, thanks for the link.  I actually learned something today.

There is a former Army Ranger sniper who was on a recent show called American Grit. He wanted to enlist in the Navy and become a SEAL but because he is colorblind that was a no-go. The Army was his second choice and they welcomed him and he eventually became a Ranger sniper. When the Army needs something they will figure it out, even if it's unconventional. That's just how they roll. Hooah.