Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tulsi Gabbard announces exit from Democrat party

Ok lololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2022, 11:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 01:07 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Still don't trust her until I actually see actions that she has turned against her past views. Right now she is just getting a jump on trying to get off the sinking ship before too much splashback gets on her.

She has a long list of past votes that are lock step with the liberals.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We've all made bad decisions. 

She's not quite "there" yet but she's moving in the right direction which is away from a party that has been hijacked by the progressive left. At least she sees what's happening and is willing to walk away.

Yeah, she's going to move right to join the center-left Pubs and basically end up back where she was a decade ago.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-13-2022, 10:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 11:39 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: That's from a guy who thought a 6 year old Hillary Clinton was "hot"..

Apparently you didn't see her 2nd Grade Class Pic (and don't understand sarcasm as well).  I think that's when she got the nickname Hill The Thrill   Smile

(10-11-2022, 04:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'd be okay with her being VP as long as the POTUS had a strong stance for the 2nd. DeSantis, perhaps. At least she'd be a legitimate VP. 

The first legitimate female VP in my opinion.

Give me the DeSantis - Condoleezza Rice ticket all day !!

Hmmmm.....that's an interesting combination.

(10-11-2022, 09:18 AM)Ronster Wrote: She didn’t leave the DemoRAT party, the DemoRAT party left her…

The Democrats have painted themselves into a corner. They leave no room for dissent. If you don’t surrender to the extremist in that party, then your are not welcome there.

Welcome to the party of the working peoples party, we have a big tent and we may not always agree with each other, but we put Americans first…All Americans, even the stupid ones…

I would disagree slightly here.  They may all be extremists from the right’s point of view, but there is certainly still a range of outcomes and a power struggle within the Democratic Party.  As vile as Nancy is, when you’ve spent the amount of time in politics that she has you have a better grasp of what you can actually get accomplished vs an ideologue like AOC with pie in the sky leftist dreams that she’d like to shove down everyone’s throats.  Fortunately, AOC isn’t too bright.

AOC is only distinct in rhetoric. She is still voting for policies that benefit the elites. I think you guys need to start looking at politics like marketing. The elites buy different candidates and market them to us based on our preferences. In turn, we are somewhat placated while their chosen candidate does their bidding.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2022, 02:18 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-14-2022, 11:54 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: AOC is only distinct in rhetoric. She is still voting for policies that benefit the elites. I think you guys need to start looking at politics like marketing. The elites buy different candidates and market them to us based on our preferences. In turn, we are somewhat placated while their chosen candidate does their bidding.

You're not wrong, but that doesn't mean AOC isn't sincere when she expresses different opinions from Pelosi.  It's likely that if there were more people who agreed with AOC in Congress, we would see the Democratic Party's agenda change significantly.  AOC is taking what she can get with her votes.  If she could get more, she would.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

AOC is a narcissistic opportunist, just like most of the other ones. She says what she needs to say.

(10-14-2022, 11:54 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: AOC is only distinct in rhetoric. She is still voting for policies that benefit the elites. I think you guys need to start looking at politics like marketing. The elites buy different candidates and market them to us based on our preferences. In turn, we are somewhat placated while their chosen candidate does their bidding.

There are not enough +’s that can be applied to this statement.  Unfortunately the “woke” will most likely never actually wake up.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Like most politicians, AOC’s main concern is that fat paycheck and the opportunity it brings to rake in more with her ‘brand’. She went from being a bartender to earning over $120k per year with constant media attention. If I were her, I would do the same things she is doing. If the public is buying, I’m selling.

(10-14-2022, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like most politicians, AOC’s main concern is that fat paycheck and the opportunity it brings to rake in more with her ‘brand’. She went from being a bartender to earning over $120k per year with constant media attention. If I were her, I would do the same things she is doing. If the public is buying, I’m selling.
She answered a casting call or was invited by a PAC, depends on what you want to call it, to audition for her role. She is basically doing whatever she is told. Dems needed someone to shut the liberals and look like they were winning against Pelosi while she still votes for whatever Pelosi wants.

(10-15-2022, 10:04 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like most politicians, AOC’s main concern is that fat paycheck and the opportunity it brings to rake in more with her ‘brand’. She went from being a bartender to earning over $120k per year with constant media attention. If I were her, I would do the same things she is doing. If the public is buying, I’m selling.
She answered a casting call or was invited by a PAC, depends on what you want to call it, to audition for her role. She is basically doing whatever she is told. Dems needed someone to shut the liberals and look like they were winning against Pelosi while she still votes for whatever Pelosi wants.

If AOC ever loses her seat, she can always farm herself out as a call girl for the Repubs, cause according to her, they all want her.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption