Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
McManus wins ST player of the month.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2023, 12:34 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

He was a great get in the offseason.  Congrats

https://x.com/Jaguars/status/1720111595039211982?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a beast. Great get.

Unlike a lot of other kickers, he doesn't seem to require a run-up. He just steps forward and swings the leg. Boom!

"Can't believe they let Patterson go!"

Our kick line is the 38. That's all u need to hear. I love this pick up.

(11-02-2023, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: "Can't believe they let Patterson go!"

Were you absolutely sure McManus was going to work out when we got rid of Patterson, who wasn’t doing awful?

You and your petty call outs.

(11-02-2023, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Were you absolutely sure McManus was going to work out when we got rid of Patterson, who wasn’t doing awful?

I was. Of course I was fine with Matt Wright when they moved to Patterson because I thought they were the same guy. McManus is a different sort of beast and it was a pretty brainless acquisition IMO.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2023, 03:04 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-02-2023, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Uhhh yea.

There was zero evidence that Patterson was better than McManus.

It's not a call out when people whined about Patterson being let go for a better player.... Sorry if it hurt your feewings.

People get called out all the time but if I do it, it's petty? Come on now.

(11-02-2023, 03:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 02:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Were you absolutely sure McManus was going to work out when we got rid of Patterson, who wasn’t doing awful?

Uhhh yea.

It's not a call out when people whined about Patterson being let go for a better player.... Sorry if it hurt your feewings.

Hurt feelings? Hardly. It's you, more than any other poster, who likes to drag up old quotes or paraphrase people's natural skepticism about decisions made by an historically bad team. People make bad calls on here all the time, but you gloat over them as if it somehow it makes you look smarter. 

Regardless, even though it's a pet peeve of mine, I should have kept it to myself, and now I look petty. My apologies.

Well deserved

What about Mathew wright?

(11-02-2023, 01:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Unlike a lot of other kickers, he doesn't seem to require a run-up.  He just steps forward and swings the leg.  Boom!

@Probably an old habit from playing in the vapor of Mile High@

(11-02-2023, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 03:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Uhhh yea.

Hurt feelings? Hardly. It's you, more than any other poster, who likes to drag up old quotes or paraphrase people's natural skepticism about decisions made by an historically bad team. People make bad calls on here all the time, but you gloat over them as if it somehow it makes you look smarter. 

Regardless, even though it's a pet peeve of mine, I should have kept it to myself, and now I look petty. My apologies.
I highly doubt this but if that's how you feel, go for it.

I've certainly missed my fair share of predictions and have also been called out for it. Not sure why you felt the need to harp on this specific one but it's all good. No apology needed.

When your dip [BLEEP] actually makes his kicks.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

His 2 kicks in Pittsburgh where it historically is a tough place were sweet. Imagine that our brain trust knew what they were doing...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

He may have been the best signing this offseason!

(11-02-2023, 03:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 03:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Uhhh yea.

Gets old quick doesn’t it  Banana

Patterson been doing a good job fir lions