Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DBs

Quote:What did Ramsey say that sounded like too much swagger?

He is not overrated for a #4 CB. Watch how much better our secondary can be after the bye week.

When we sighted Amukamara I was surprised it was only a one-year deal. He has already proven with the Giants staying healthy is his only major problem.
I think he was referring to Ramsey interview with Brian Sexton, he came off super confident and somewhat cocky.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Disagree about him seeing the field after week 4, or that he's a not a big priority to re-sign?

If he's on the field week 5, who else is out there and where?

(just curious - I'm glad we have multiple scenarios that involve talented players on the bench for our secondary)

Disagree about Prince not seeing the field. I think he will be our CB3 even when Colvin gets back. I think Colvin will be used on special teams and as CB4 when he returns.

Quote:None of our defensive backs will be on the field in Week 5.
edited

Quote:Disagree about Prince not seeing the field. I think he will be our CB3 even when Colvin gets back. I think Colvin will be used on special teams and as CB4 when he returns.

As far as I can surmise Prince doesn't play the slot and has had zero looks there with the Jags.  I doubt he plays any nickel. 

If he's on the field he'll most likely be on the outside - which means he'd have to outplay Ramsey or House to earn the start. 

I'm skeptical of that happening. 

I think he'll outplay House this year.

Quote:I think he'll outplay House this year.

Who, Amukamara?

Quote:JONATHON CYPRIEN

Damn near a 1st round pick a few seasons ago, Cyp has largely been a disappointment. A disappointment, mainly, because he is absurdly talented, with his good size and speed. A very physical player, if it ever clicks for him we could have a very impressive strong safety. So far in camp, all the talk has been about how the additions to the defensive backfield has limited the young player's responsibilities and allowed Cyprien to shine. He has looked pretty good this preseason- making a nice pass-up last week against Tampa Bay.

If Cyp can ever adjust to the mental side of the game, he has all the tools to be a very solid enforcer-type Safety in this league.

With Cyp I take such talk with a grain of salt. I've heard it before how he's looking like the team's most dominating player (I forget the exact wording, but it was out there), etc, in practice, and then on gameday it's the same o...same o.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 06:30 PM by wg171.)

Quote:Gratz has looked better this preseason and represents solid depth.

Still think Gratz gives too much cushion

Quote:Honestly, I think Prince fits our scheme very well. Here's a crazy scenario; what if Ramsey started playing in Cyps spot but less of an enforcer role and more a hybrid safety? Cyp has been such a disappointment and this way we could have Gipson, Ramsey, Prince, House and Colvin all on the field. With Telvin and Jack at LB this would be an incredible passing down package.

*Forgot to note that this would be strictly a passing down package only...unless it starts to be successful.

Stop
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:As far as I can surmise Prince doesn't play the slot and has had zero looks there with the Jags. I doubt he plays any nickel.

If he's on the field he'll most likely be on the outside - which means he'd have to outplay Ramsey or House to earn the start.

I'm skeptical of that happening.

It's not about out-playing, it's about match-ups. In nickle I see Ramsey kicking inside and Prince and House playing on the boundary.