Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kap won't stand for National Anthem...just wow

Quote:You do recognize that exercising a freedom and behaving disgracefully aren't mutually exclusive, yes?

Maybe...  Elobarate, please.  I think I know what you mean.  But I'd like you to actually expand on your thoughts for once.  If you dare...  (ominous drums)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe I am missing something in this whole 'black on black crime' thing. It seems like a red herring to me but perhaps you can explain it to me. My understanding is that the vast majority of black crime (especially murder) is 'black on black'. It is also my understanding that the same goes for 'white on white' crime, the overwhelming majority of whites are killed by whites. From what I understand, most people are killed by people they know, and folks tend to live near and with others of similar racial identification. If so, it seems the whole 'black on black' crime thing isn't really that relevant. Can you clarify this?

Excellent point.  I'd also like to hear the clarification from BklnJag...

Quote:Maybe...  Elobarate, please.  I think I know what you mean.  But I'd like you to actually expand on your thoughts for once.  If you dare...  (ominous drums)

What's to expand on? People are free to be [BLEEP], unless the Left think they shouldn't, then they get regulated.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Maybe I am missing something in this whole 'black on black crime' thing. It seems like a red herring to me but perhaps you can explain it to me. My understanding is that the vast majority of black crime (especially murder) is 'black on black'. It is also my understanding that the same goes for 'white on white' crime, the overwhelming majority of whites are killed by whites. From what I understand, most people are killed by people they know, and folks tend to live near and with others of similar racial identification. If so, it seems the whole 'black on black' crime thing isn't really that relevant. Can you clarify this?

Edit - too funny, I just skimmed the infowars link somebody (jagibelieve?) put up a while back, and it uses the exact same phrase 'red herring' in discussing what dems say about the black on black crime thing.

But, the whites aren't kneeling. The whites don't riot when a cop kills a white guy. It just seems to confuse many whites, that yes, there are problems but the outrage seems to be only when a cop kills. Kill each other? Silence. Let a cop do it, and outrage.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:But, the whites aren't kneeling. The whites don't riot when a cop kills a white guy. It just seems to confuse many whites, that yes, there are problems but the outrage seems to be only when a cop kills. Kill each other? Silence. Let a cop do it, and outrage.

From what I understand, most of the 'outrage' seems to come from a believe that blacks are dis-proportionally affected by incidents like bad shoots, profiling, etc. Way back on page 16 (post 312) I had several links that referenced a number of such studies and reports. Now folks are perfectly free to critique methodologies, discuss root causes, etc., but I haven't seen anything like that on this forum. Pretty much just crickets chirping. Further, perhaps you could weigh in on what the Anchorman replied with regarding Brooklyn's post. Finally, pretty much everything I have read seems to indicate folks in the 'BLM' camp do object to injustice across the board. Even if that were not the case, not sure what your point is. Folks that object to animal cruelty might have nothing to say about deaths from malaria. Doesn't mean neither is an issue. Sorry, but I just don't get exactly what you are saying.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!