Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would you keep on the roster?
Nick Marshall
Corey Grant
[Show Results]

Have To Keep One: Nick Marshall or Corey Grant?

Marshall.

If injuries happen at CB you can expect Marshall would fill in better after developing as depth. Grant couldn't make a start and he shouldn't since you can find running backs to plug in halfway through the season (eg gray).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why do you derail countless threads with questions what have nothing to do with the topic?
It's what trolls do.

Marshall. Still developing, played a decent amount last year as a rookie learning a new position, and plays CB, which is way more of a premium position than RB. Grant is fast buy that's nearly all there is to like about him. If he can be a reliably above average kickoff returner than maybe, but I don't see much more value or chance to develop past that. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Quote:That's what I would have chosen were it a selection.

We're not likely talking about a Brandon Marshall or Dan Connolly that's going to get squeezed off the roster and go start or star somewhere else.

...or Drew Nowak.

'02

Quote:I went with Marshall because he's still developing as a CB after being a QB in college. Grant is a one trick pony (speed).

One trick? So what? It's a great trick especially combined with his vision and instincts.

Jerome Bettis was a one trick RB (power).

'02

Quote:One trick? So what? It's a great trick especially combined with his vision and instincts.

Haha what is with your [BLEEP] for Grant?

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:One trick? So what? It's a great trick especially combined with his vision and instincts.

Jerome Bettis had one trick?

Your football ignorance is astounding.

Quote:Jerome Bettis had one trick?

Your football ignorance is astounding.

ok...two tricks... he could bowl as well.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 08:44 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

I haven't seen anything from Marshall that makes me believe he can be a servicable DB. I think the book is open on Grant

Quote:ok...two tricks... he could bowl as well.
Jerome had a lot of tricks. That's why he is in the Hall of Fame.

The fact that you can't recognize this just further proves your ignorance.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 10:05 PM by JackCity.)

That was Bettis late in his career. In his early days he was a monster. Could run through you or around you ala AP. Had very quick feet for a man his size and had great moves.

Quote:That was Bettis late in his career. In his early days he was a monster. Could run through you or around you ala AP. Had very quick feet for a man his size and had great moves.
Bettis late in his career still had moves that Grant wishes he had.

Jags02 is showing his ignorance.

Quote:Bettis late in his career still had moves that Grant wishes he had

Lol

Quote:Marshall.

If injuries happen at CB you can expect Marshall would fill in better after developing as depth. Grant couldn't make a start and he shouldn't since you can find running backs to plug in halfway through the season (eg gray).

This.

Vision and instincts? I think you're getting him confused with Yeldon.

This comment is so off base it doesn't warrant much of a reply. However, I will derail it by saying Freddy T would be a better back to build around than Bettis. Bettis had the better career but it was close.

Hypothetical vision and instincts.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Marshall.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

IMO, Marshall will see the field more on defense than Grant will on offense. ST however Grant appears to be the #1 KR. Denard and Marshall can also work at KR, and with the new rules its a less value on ST than ever before. Therefore I say Marshall as I think he is a capable 4th-5th CB who will see action again on D this year. Grant wont sniff many/any carries as the 4th RB.