Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OL Depth

Quote:Patriots released Bryan Stork. Could be worth a look

This was brought up here. Four concussions in four years? I'm thinking I'll pass on the guy.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just read where the Pats are about to release starting Center Bryan Stork. This guy is a solid player and is tough as nails, but he does have an injury history and a quick temper. He would definitely be an upgrade to our O-Line or at least provide valuable depth. Do you think we take a run at him?

Quote:I just read where the Pats are about to release starting Center Bryan Stork. This guy is a solid player and is tough as nails, but he does have an injury history and a quick temper. He would definitely be an upgrade to our O-Line or at least provide valuable depth. Do you think we take a run at him?

It's a low risk move. Best case he gives us good depth, worst case he has a bad attitude and we release him. Definitely worth a look by the front office.

Quote:It's a low risk move. Best case he gives us good depth, worst case he has a bad attitude and we release him. Definitely worth a look by the front office.

So the fact that he's had four concussions in four years and just had one in training camp doesn't concern you?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:So the fact that he's had four concussions in four years and just had one in training camp doesn't concern you?

It is concerning. I didn't say 100% sign him, just that it's low risk if we do. It would be a 1 year rental anyway if he checks out attitude and injury wise.

We could have tried to get Alex Mack again and chose not to. Dave Caldwell's stated reason was his age. That tells me he does not want to bring in a veteran center, which Ryan Stork is.

Quote:We could have tried to get Alex Mack again and chose not to. Dave Caldwell's stated reason was his age. That tells me he does not want to bring in a veteran center, which Ryan Stork is.

Well he signed Bernadeau who is a vet so that tells me he would bring in a vet. Your logic is garbage.

Quote:Well he signed Bernadeau who is a vet so that tells me he would bring in a vet. Your logic is garbage.

I am telling you what Dave Caldwell said in his press conference on March 10. My logic is not garbage if it is based on a proven fact.

Quote:I am telling you what Dave Caldwell said in his press conference on March 10. My logic is not garbage if it is based on a proven fact.

Fact is he also signed Bernadeau who is a vet, no?

Do we think Omameh will survive the cut?

Quote:Do we think Omameh will survive the cut?

Doubt it

;

;

Stork is now off the table. The Pats decided to trade him to the Redskins for a conditional 7th round pick instead of releasing him. Oh well......

Quote:Stork is now off the table. The Pats decided to trade him to the Redskins for a conditional 7th round pick instead of releasing him. Oh well......

We don't want a guy who gets concussed every year anyway.

Quote:Doubt it

Omemeh is a true bubble player. In trying to predict the roster I keep putting him on it then taking him off then putting him back on it, etc. I'd say it's 50-50 as to whether he makes it or not.

'02

Depends on health condition of the tackle and guard players ahead of him on the depth chart, but I'd call it highly unlikely. 

Quote:Depends on health condition of the tackle and guard players ahead of him on the depth chart, but I'd call it highly unlikely. 

Wasn't Omameh the lineman who recently had a concussion?

Quote:Wasn't Omameh the lineman who recently had a concussion?

No, that was Linkenbach.

'02