Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cincinnati Bengals

Quote:http://ow.ly/rf5R303CKS0

Interesting

I dig it.  

Though, I found this a little misleading <i>re: fowler</i>

Quote:.....has yet to record a tackle or quarterback pressure in 24 snaps. 

I mean he definitely recorded a hit and hurry on this play -

[Image: ir5dty.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I dig it.  

Though, I found this a little misleading re: fowler

I mean he definitely recorded a hit and hurry on this play -

[Image: ir5dty.jpg]

It's been interesting watching the media's collective pendulum swing on views regarding Fowler.

Quote:It's been interesting watching the media's collective pendulum swing on views regarding Fowler.
True. 

It's been a pretty wide arc.

Hays is nearly as cynical as O'Halloran, so I'm never surprised when he goes rogue with one of those "stats." 

Two other journalists credited Fowler with a pressure on the play the day after it happened.  While Carlyon's point is fair - that statement was fabrication and the "24" snaps bit should jump out as a tiny sample size, though he certainly didn't want/try to paint it that way. 

It's the age of "journalism" we are living in I guess. Anything to get clicks and drive the comments.  

Quote:It's been interesting watching the media's collective pendulum swing on views regarding Fowler.

I think there are different opinions among the media because this is his second season but first training camp. Only Fowler himself knows where his knee is at.

Quote:...

It's the age of "journalism" we are living in I guess. Anything to get clicks and drive the comments.

I think we've gone past the "click bait" phase of journalism and have moved into the "WWE grudge match" phase.

There is no concept of how to remain objective any longer.

You like a guy? Pimp him to no end.

Don't like him? Trash him any way you can.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You like a guy? Pimp him to no end.

Don't like him? Trash him any way you can.

Or both in the course of a week   :turned:

Quote:Or both in the course of a week 

LOL I could never love and hate the same guy in one week. That makes no sense.

I don't think it's the perception pendulum that has swung.

It's been his performance.

He truly was opening eyes early in practices.

Then, once the preseason games began that guy wasn't showing up.  Remember, he wasn't lighting it up in the TB joint practices, either.  So, it's been a gradual slope.

That doesn't mean he can't get back there.  He just needs to come out and play game time.

He's probably just frustrated, losing focus, and not following his coaching.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I don't think it's the perception pendulum that has swung.

It's been his performance.

He truly was opening eyes early in practices.

Then, once the preseason games began that guy wasn't showing up. Remember, he wasn't lighting it up in the TB joint practices, either. So, it's been a gradual slope.

That doesn't mean he can't get back there. He just needs to come out and play game time.

He's probably just frustrated, losing focus, and not following his coaching.
His performance 'swing' in 24 snaps of preseason and PRACTICES.

That's what's being blown out of proportion, IMO.

The tiny sample size and the fact that it's all basically practice.

If he's that hot and cold in weeks one to four of reg season it's one thing. But - Right now it's just a rook learning the hard way how much talent he's gonna face on Sunday's.

Quote:His performance 'swing' in 24 snaps of preseason and PRACTICES.

That's what's being blown out of proportion, IMO.

The tiny sample size and the fact that it's all basically practice.

If he's that hot and cold in weeks one to four of reg season it's one thing. But - Right now it's just a rook learning the hard way how much talent he's gonna face on Sunday's.

I would agree that local sports media have been eager to jump on every snap he takes, in practice or under the lights.

I think fans and media alike are extremely anxious to see production from a guy they've been held back from seeing for an entire season.

It does beg patience on the part of both.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I would agree that local sports media have been eager to jump on every snap he takes, in practice or under the lights.

I think fans and media alike are extremely anxious to see production from a guy they've been held back from seeing for an entire season.

It does beg patience on the part of both.
Indeed.

I'm sure I'll be guilty of impatience Sunday night with the rest of 'em.

Fowler is a rookie and should be treated like such.

Quote:Fowler is a rookie and should be treated like such.

No he's not. Fowler is a second year player. He just never got the chance to play as a rookie.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016, 09:19 PM by Deacon.)

Angry pants post removed and replaced with this.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:No he's not. Fowler is a second year player. He just never got the chance to play as a rookie.
..... Knew it

Quote:No he's not. Fowler is a second year player. He just never got the chance to play as a rookie.

So let's say you get a job, your first day you get sick an hour into your shift and have to spend the next year on bed rest, not able to learn anything about the job except from afar. When you finally get back to work the next year, you're insinuating that you should be as good at that job as you would have been if you hadn't missed the whole year?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS