Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justice Department says it will end use of private prisons

Quote:Selective hipocrisy?  About what, exactly?  Obamacare is not socialized healthcare!!!  It provides subsidies for poor people to get healthcare through private insurers.  But the healthcare is still run by the private industry.  

They've wrecked the industry, and that's undeniable.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Regarding this issue, I think it's a mistake.  The government can't say whether private or state-run prisons cost more.  If there are problems with private prisons, then perhaps the common sense solution is to address the problems rather than just "take it all down and re-do it".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You, my friend, live in fantasy land.  It's the only way the very foundation of your politics hold up.

OK.  Well good debating ya.

Quote:Regarding this issue, I think it's a mistake.  The government can't say whether private or state-run prisons cost more.  If there are problems with private prisons, then perhaps the common sense solution is to address the problems rather than just "take it all down and re-do it".

I think you mis interpretted those two quotes you have an issue with...  

Also, your critique of the take it all down is very similar to how those who think certain public sectors should be considered!  

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016, 05:33 PM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:They've wrecked the industry, and that's undeniable.
It's been wracked for a long time. Insurance rates were increasing exponentially for years before AHCA. The solution didn't fix it I agree.

So how you going to fix it? I have not heard any sensible fix to the underlying problem.

What about meds for Seniors that GB passed?

Quote:It's been wracked for a long time. Insurance rates were increasing exponentially for years before AHCA. The solution didn't fix it I agree.

So how you going to fix it? I have not heard any sensible fix to the underlying problem.

What about meds for Seniors that GB passed?

They don't have an answer.  They just like to complain and blame.  They are the party of "NO".  No solutions.  Just griping.  

Let's look at trumps plan:  Repeal Obama care and replace with something better than your wildest dreams.  

And the trumpettes lap it up.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 07:16 AM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:They don't have an answer. They just like to complain and blame. They are the party of "NO". No solutions. Just griping.

Let's look at trumps plan: Repeal Obama care and replace with something better than your wildest dreams.

And the trumpettes lap it up.
I am not a strong supporter of ACHA. I also am not apologetic that the health insurance companies are no longer making record profits.

With that said at least the President did something. If they would have worked together instead if fighting all the way maybe we would have had a real fix.

I am sorry but affordable healthcare is a right or should darn well be.

Angela Braly former CEO of WellPoint parent of Anthem made 31.7 million one year! Keep you hands off of my stack!

Obama wrecked it they say! Hogwash.

There's a ridiculous conflict of interest with having private prisons. 

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 08:28 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:There's a ridiculous conflict of interest with having private prisons. 

That is what happens when you privatize something that should be public. Charter schools, private prisons, red light cams.

;

;

Quote:I also am not apologetic that the health insurance companies are no longer making record profits.

Bro, do you even Stock Market?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Look at ITT Tech, University of Phoenix,

Harvard, Yale, ...

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:So ending contracts with private prisons puts people out of work

Wait! This is your hang up with closing them????

Quote:Angela Braly former CEO of WellPoint parent of Anthem made 31.7 million one year! Keep you hands off of my stack!

When I had Anthem it was one of the less expensive policies and the coverage was better than Aetna or United Healthcare. So in my book, she earned it.

And if she made nothing the customers could have each saved about a dollar that year. Whoo Hoo!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Look at ITT Tech, University of Phoenix

Let me add that both of those diploma mills wouldn't be in business if it weren't for the US government using stolen money to backstop student loans and people had to actually pay for their education directly out of pocket.

Quote:When I had Anthem it was one of the less expensive policies and the coverage was better than Aetna or United Healthcare. So in my book, she earned it.

And if she made nothing the customers could have each saved about a dollar that year. Whoo Hoo!

Yeah she earned it alright. You know why she was fired right? It wasn't sound business ethics.

The purpose of every business is to make profit and the best way to make profit is to grow buisness. The only way to grow buisness in that industry is to incarcerate more people. What happens when the amount of people being arrested slows down because you've grown your business so well? You lobby Congress for more laws taking away more freedom and turn the nation into a prison state. There should not be a profit motive in arresting people there is to much conflict.
And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Quote:Let me add that both of those diploma mills wouldn't be in business if it weren't for the US government using stolen money to backstop student loans and people had to actually pay for their education directly out of pocket.

Not only that. But they get serviceman to use their GI Bill for a sometimes worthless degree.
;

;