Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Love Our 2nd Amendment People, Don't We Folks?

You know, you guys have completely derailed this thread.  As the OP, I wish to remind you all that this thread was about trump's veiled threat against Hillary Clinton when she's elected as president.

If I was a Mod, you best believed you ALL would be gettin' a paddlin'.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:All those steps are unconstitutional infringements.  And the background system is often swamped so the gun dealer calling it in may not even get through.  If you make a mistake filling out the form, it's a felony.  There's also a 3 business day waiting period before you can actually walk out with it.  Yes, it's difficult. 

When I was a kid you could order a 20mm anti-tank Solothurn and cases of belt-fed ammo through the mail.  No age requirement. 

[Image: 20mmSolothurnAd1957.jpg]
Time to crank up the DeLorean!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Very sorry to see you bow out of the conversation, RJ. 

What are those violent felons doing out of prison?  They paid their debt to society by either serving their full sentence or by convincing a parole board they were no longer a danger.  I believe they should have all rights restored, including voting rights. 

Young males can be rather stupid, impulsive and violent.  If a guy goes in at age 20 and comes out at age 40 he still has a lot of years of life left in this unpredictable world.  Doesn't he have a right to self defense, defense of his home, property and family? 

I'm not really bowing out, just don't see the point of discussing how easy or hard it is to get a gun if you think there is no valid reason to do a criminal background check in the first place.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Is it really that difficult for law abiding citizens to purchase a gun? In Tennessee you get fingerprinted, fill out a form, pay $10 for a criminal history check that takes about 15 minutes, then you can buy a gun. That's difficult?

It's a lot more difficult for some than it used to be.  You do have a point in that it varies by state.  What in your opinion should be done at the Federal level?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You know, you guys have completely derailed this thread.  As the OP, I wish to remind you all that this thread was about trump's veiled threat against Hillary Clinton when she's elected as president.

Oh go find a safe space snowflake.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Oh go find a safe space snowflake.

There you go straight from the Trump playbook. Did snowflake come from the Donald Trump name-calling Guide.

When a Donald Trump supporter wants to have a real discussion like a grown adult just let me know.

Quote:There you go straight from the Trump playbook. Did snowflake come from the Donald Trump name-calling Guide.

When a Donald Trump supporter wants to have a real discussion like a grown adult just let me know.

I'm not a Donald Trump supporter and the discussion has been going just fine.  You might want to find the same safe space cupcake.

Quote:I'm not a Donald Trump supporter and the discussion has been going just fine. You might want to find the same safe space cupcake.

Sure I believe you.

Quote:Sure I believe you.

Good thing because I know that I would miss s0 much sleep over it.

Quote:I'm not really bowing out, just don't see the point of discussing how easy or hard it is to get a gun if you think there is no valid reason to do a criminal background check in the first place.

Criminals are armed if they want to be and no law or background check will ever prevent that.  Research has shown criminals rarely get their guns at gun shops.  They would not pass the background check so they don't even try that method. 

I believe we'd be fine with no restrictions of any kind.  Prior to 1968 guns weren't even required to have serial numbers.  As I have shown, you could order "weapons of war" through the mail that would penetrate not only a police car but the whole police station.  In the 1970s every truck in the high school parking lot had a rifle or shotgun in the rear window.  I remember fist fights after school and nobody went running for their shotgun when they lost. 

Quote:AR-15 rifles are the bogeyman of 2016. They are not technically assault weapons, but libs love to mischaracterize them as such. They are no more dangerous than a Glock 17 or like semi automatic weapon with a high capacity magazine. I have 30 round mags I use at the range regularly at the range when shooting my Glock. It could do as much, if not more damage than the bogeyman you've chosen in the wrong hands.

Well, your glock 17 is not chambered in .223 or .308 or 5.56 or other high powered rifle rounds. The 17 is 9mm?

Not specifically singling you out, as many others have said the same thing as you about the AR15. It is a semi-auto version of a very accurate and SWAT-like fully auto assault rifle- no?

Anyway - it's certainly no hunting rifle in my eyes, but that isn't anybody's argument either.

Quote:You know, you guys have completely derailed this thread.  As the OP, I wish to remind you all that this thread was about trump's veiled threat against Hillary Clinton when she's elected as president.

And Trump only said the Second Amendment people would handle it. Since the Second Amendment people haven't been the ones killing people (the mass murderers are almost all Democrats, as are the BLM killers), there's no veiled threat there.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:And Trump only said the Second Amendment people would handle it. Since the Second Amendment people haven't been the ones killing people (the mass murderers are almost all Democrats, as are the BLM killers), there's no veiled threat there.

You're at least staying on topic.  No paddlin' for you.