Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FBI confirms rule of law is dead

Quote:What was said on the plane?  Why would anything have to be said?  The mere fact that she let Bill get on the plane created the perfect excuse for Lynch to recuse herself from the process.  Bill and Loretta had to know that Comey was going to take the unprecedented step of announcing on national TV that it's not a good case for prosecution.  That should have been Loretta's call, but the optics would have stunk to high heaven if Loretta lets Hillary skate then becomes a high ranking member of her Administration.  Note that as soon as Lynch sorta recused herself from the process, Hillary came right out and said she'd love to keep Lynch on as AG. 

So the 3 hour interview with FBI was a PR stunt, as all parties knew she would skate.  Comey said he didn't even wait for the analysis of her interview to be completed before going public against his own investigation. 

You came through again! I can always count on you to just make things up. Way to go.

Did you enjoy your time on the plane? Hope they at least gave you something to drink.

As I said before I am really looking forward to more "theories' as we get closer to election day. Now don't you disappoint me!

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Comey Makes the Case for Trump

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/...trump.html

I wonder if that was his goal all along. He makes the case against Hillary as an incompetent boob and a serial liar, but by refusing to endorse indictment keeps her in the presidential race. If she were indicted, just about any Dem who replaced Hillary would stand a much better chance of winning. Hillary is the only Dem so unlikable and despicable that she could lose to even Trump.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I have no idea what they talked about? Do you? Does it look good? Heck no. But to pretend there was some "deal" or whatever with no proof is just stupid and makes anyone saying so look foolish. 

Are you (or whomever) saying Comey was told to do something he didn't want to do? Show me one piece of proof. If you saw his testimony and know his record and reputation I think you'd highly doubt it.

For for all the people with no record or reputation throwing around terms like "sell out" makes them look desperate and partisan.
You keep throwing out this line that everyone is partisan over this and the most partisan person I have observed up to this post is you.  Your unwavering support for HRC in light of all that has transpired is disturbing to say the least.  If the shoe was on the other parties foot would you still respond the same?  I think not.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Very good article by Karl Denniger on the Rule of Law.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231471

He explains why drug dealers shoot each other.  It's because they have no legal recourse for settling disputes.  They can't run to the cops or courts.  The Rule of Law is not available to them so they adopt the Rule of the Jungle.  He touches on the medical system and Obamacare, the Housing bubble fraud with millions of victims and no punishment for the fraudsters.  He also touches on police immunity and how it corrupts law enforcement.  But to keep it topical for this thread there is the following section about James Comey:

What did you see this last week with James Comey?  The head of the FBI stood at the podium and described, facially, a felony violation of the law, which I remind you <span>does not
require intent, and then said "no prosecutor would bring the case."  Then, one business day later, he sat in Congress and described knowing that a <span>second felony violation of the law, perjury, had taken place and yet he insisted that he needed a "referral" to "investigate" it.
</span></span>

Folks, if you were being interviewed because the cops thought you robbed a bank and on your kitchen table was a bale of marijuana do you think they'd need a "referral" to bust you for the weed?  You know damn well the handcuffs would be on you in seconds, so why weren't they on Hillary?

Next, if there was no <span>intent
as Comey claimed he could not find why did she lie repeatedly, both to the public and Congress, about the presence of classified information on her server?  You don't <span>lie
about something you aren't trying to hide and you don't hide something that doesn't incriminate you!  Prosecutors argue this every single day before juries and get thousands of convictions every year on exactly that basis -- the accused <span>lied about something they did and that lie is evidence that they knew what they were doing was wrong as that's the only reason to lie about it!
</span></span></span>

Another section of the same law attaches liability to anyone who is involved in these acts and fails to report them.  That facially involves Bill and Chelsea Clinton as well as Hillary's entire senior staff!  This issue is, again, not just limited to Hillary's conduct.  As persons with security clearances (with the possible exception of Chelsea) they all were aware of the law and their positive obligation to immediately report any breach of security of classified information, and failure to do so is a criminal offense.

Finally, contrary to Comey's assertions (which were also a lie, and since they were made to Congress were also Perjury, a felony violation of the law) there indeed are people who not only have been <span>but are being
prosecuted for quite-similar violations of the law with regard to classified data. Specifically there are service members who have been arrested, not just demoted or had their security clearances revoked, for putting classified information on unauthorized devices.  One, Kristian Saucier, faces 20 years in prison; there is no apparent public evidence that this individual ever allowed anyone outside of trusted Navy circles to see the images.  Comey made the <span>blanket
statement that the government does not prosecute people who do not give said information intentionally to our enemies; his statement before Congress was a <span>lie.
</span></span></span>

Quote:You keep throwing out this line that everyone is partisan over this and the most partisan person I have observed up to this post is you.  Your unwavering support for HRC in light of all that has transpired is disturbing to say the least.  If the shoe was on the other parties foot would you still respond the same?  I think not.

Apparently you've not read carefully. I've stated many times that I'm not voting for Clinton. Show me some "unwavering support of HRC". Perhaps you read that into my comments because of your political views regarding Clinton.

My "support" was for Comey and his reasoning. You can disagree with that - who cares - but very few people give any reasonable explanation for why they differ - except to say "she lied". No one that I'm aware of has told me what Comey stands to gain by doing anything other than his duty as he sees it. Sorry things didn't go your way. Now Donbo is going to have to win the election fair and square. Understandably, that causes many of his supporters some angst.

Quote:Apparently you've not read carefully. I've stated many times that I'm not voting for Clinton. Show me some "unwavering support of HRC". Perhaps you read that into my comments because of your political views regarding Clinton.

My "support" was for Comey and his reasoning. You can disagree with that - who cares - but very few people give any reasonable explanation for why they differ - except to say "she lied". No one that I'm aware of has told me what Comey stands to gain by doing anything other than his duty as he sees it. Sorry things didn't go your way. Now Donbo is going to have to win the election fair and square. Understandably, that causes many of his supporters some angst.

Comey may have done his duty, but it was not his duty to make a public announcement about the investigation.  It was not his duty to provide the public with speculation on what a prosecutor might or might not do with the case.

Now look at the way Lynch kinda sorta recused herself but not really.  She said the decision rests not with her, the Attorney General, but with a vague, unnamed group of professionals whose recommendation she's prepared to accept.  So, nobody with an actual name made the decision to let Hillary skate.  Very convenient politically for everyone involved. 

Now are we to believe there was no collusion between Comey and Lynch?  No mention that he was gonna go on TV and muddy the case in front of the public?  Lynch of course knew Comey had to take the unprecedented action of going public for the scheme to work. 

Think about if Comey doesn't blab.  He would send his finished case to the Justice Department.  The public would not be told anything.  Tick tick tick toward the conventions and fall Election.  What's with the email case, Loretta?  Did you get the FBI's investigation yet?  When will you decide whether to bring charges?  It's a no-win for Lynch and bad for Hillary's election chances. 

So they destroyed Comey.  Gotta break a few eggs, etc.  Comey give a clue when he said the most important things in his life were

1. Family

2. His integrity

He literally placed family above his integrity which suggests to me he caved because his family was threatened. 

Quote:Comey may have done his duty, but it was not his duty to make a public announcement about the investigation.  It was not his duty to provide the public with speculation on what a prosecutor might or might not do with the case.

Now look at the way Lynch kinda sorta recused herself but not really.  She said the decision rests not with her, the Attorney General, but with a vague, unnamed group of professionals whose recommendation she's prepared to accept.  So, nobody with an actual name made the decision to let Hillary skate.  Very convenient politically for everyone involved. 

Now are we to believe there was no collusion between Comey and Lynch?  No mention that he was gonna go on TV and muddy the case in front of the public?  Lynch of course knew Comey had to take the unprecedented action of going public for the scheme to work. 

Think about if Comey doesn't blab.  He would send his finished case to the Justice Department.  The public would not be told anything.  Tick tick tick toward the conventions and fall Election.  What's with the email case, Loretta?  Did you get the FBI's investigation yet?  When will you decide whether to bring charges?  It's a no-win for Lynch and bad for Hillary's election chances. 

So they destroyed Comey.  Gotta break a few eggs, etc.  Comey give a clue when he said the most important things in his life were

1. Family

2. His integrity

He literally placed family above his integrity which suggests to me he caved because his family was threatened. 

There you go again. Nothing but speculation and conjecture. I get it - living in Fantasyland is fun. Doesn't change a thing, but oh well.

I think your scenario is a little melodramatic (destroyed Comey? Get real) but we each write our own screenplay.

Go ahead, call the Director of the FBI a liar. I don't think he'll care. As I've said before, Donbo is going to have to win this on his own and some people just can't get over that.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2016, 09:43 PM by copycat.)

Quote:Apparently you've not read carefully. I've stated many times that I'm not voting for Clinton. Show me some "unwavering support of HRC". Perhaps you read that into my comments because of your political views regarding Clinton.

There you go again.  I called you out for you repeatedly saying everyone that disagrees with this decision is for political reasons and they support Trump.  How did you respond?  By stating I am upset because things didn't go my way and I support Trump.   Massive fail!

If you look at the title of the thread it is about "The Rule of Law".  Comey's reasoning has nothing to do with the rule of law.  He for what ever reason took it upon himself to interject intent into his final conclusion.  This after absolutely blistering the former Secretary of State.  1. The laws that HRC was accused of breaking did not mention intent.  Does the term ignorance of the law is no excuse ring a bell?  Comey overstepped his boundaries when he recommended to not prosecute.  That is not his job.  His is to investigate, present the facts and let the AG make the call.  2. If you follow the time line of all the events (posted by several others) that happened over that long weekend the only reasonable people that would not be questioning this decision must be so far in Clinton's camp that they just don't care what she does or so against Trump that the end regardless of cost justifies the means.  3.  The angst I feel that you called into question has nothing to do with Trump at all.  The issue is that had you or I done the exact same thing I have no doubt that Comey would be able to find a plethora of unreasonable attorneys to prosecute either you or I.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:There you go again. Nothing but speculation and conjecture. I get it - living in Fantasyland is fun. Doesn't change a thing, but oh well.

I think your scenario is a little melodramatic (destroyed Comey? Get real) but we each write our own screenplay.

Go ahead, call the Director of the FBI a liar. I don't think he'll care. As I've said before, Donbo is going to have to win this on his own and some people just can't get over that.

As you said, speculation and conjecture are what everyone does.  Sometimes I post mine when they seem to follow repeatable lines of logic.  Sorry you couldn't follow along.

Why do you think I'm a Donald Trump supporter just because I recognize Hillary is a criminal?  I got no pony in this race.  I will once again cede my vote to my 15-year-old grandson who has taken a perverse interest in politics.

You don't think Comey's rep took a hit?  The vast majority, R and D, would disagree.  For sure he will benefit down the road from falling on his sword.  But he's no longer Mr. Clean. 

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2016, 05:46 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Please, let's not get too self-righteous. If someone doesn't agree with your slant they are an American who doesn't care about people breaking the law? Do I have that right?

You failed to tell me what "deal" Clinton and Lynch arrived at and how you know this. According to Comey she didn't break the law. You can disagree, but to question someone's patriotism and claim another's viewpoint is based on politics while yours is simply because you only seek Truth, Justice and The American Way is pretty disingenuous.

Look, don't vote for her. I don't plan to. But to second guess The Director of the FBI with no counter argument ("she broke the law" ain't good enough) is not an argument. It's a political wish.
I'm not questioning someone's Patriotism. I believe politics got in the way, as it often does, based on the evidence we have on hand. If you do not believe she broke the law than at least make an argument for that, but based on Comey's words and the actual law I'm not sure what your case would be. If she didnt break the law than Comey could have easily said as much. He though instead said that no prosector would take the case.

The evidence is there and to me, politics is getting in the way of calling like it is.

Quote:I'm not questioning someone's Patriotism. I believe politics got in the way, as it often does, based on the evidence we have on hand. If you do not believe she broke the law than at least make an argument for that, but based on Comey's words and the actual law I'm not sure what your case would be. If she didnt break the law than Comey could have easily said as much. He though instead said that no prosector would take the case.

The evidence is there and to me, politics is getting in the way of calling like it is.

You and I don't always agree, but on this we do.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 05:02 PM by Jagwired.)

No laws broken though,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/...tcmp=hpbt1

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5105359611001...show-clips

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.