Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gary Johnson

You should vote for the President you want most. Even though I view Hillary in similar light to your mom anonymous, I will still vote for the best President. It is way to early to even decide now. So much time and so much unkown waiting ahead. We won't even have our first debate for over a month.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Listened to him on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Seems like a really normal, level headed guy with some interesting ideas.

In other words not presidential material.

That was good !!

My biggest issue with this guy is he ripped off Bernie's slogan to court dejected followers after Hillary got the nod. "FEEL THE JOHNSON?!?!" Really dude?! It's an election booth, not a glory hole.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:My biggest issue with this guy is he ripped off Bernie's slogan to court dejected followers after Hillary got the nod. "FEEL THE JOHNSON?!?!" Really dude?! It's an election booth, not a glory hole.

As long as the Johnson isn't burning everything will be alright. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Voted for him in 2012 because he was the closest thing to Ron Paul, but I wasn't as invested in the election after Ron Paul dropped out so I didn't pay close attention to his policies.

His stance on TPP, open borders, immigration, and visa expansion are a complete turn off, but I like his stance on business regulation, privacy, foreign policy, constitutional rights, drugs, minimum wage, and taxes.

Quote:You should vote for the President you want most. Even though I view Hillary in similar light to your mom anonymous, I will still vote for the best President. It is way to early to even decide now. So much time and so much unkown waiting ahead. We won't even have our first debate for over a month.

Fair enough, and I too want the most qualified candidate, which really does seem to be Johnson.

But does everyone get the Electoral Map argument?  There's one candidate that has a distinct advantage if no one in a 3 way race gets to 270, and that candidate is Donald Trump.

Quote:Fair enough, and I too want the most qualified candidate, which really does seem to be Johnson.

But does everyone get the Electoral Map argument?  There's one candidate that has a distinct advantage if no one in a 3 way race gets to 270, and that candidate is Donald Trump.

I'm not sure I do understand your electoral map argument. 

Johnson is not going to win any states, thus he  will not gather any electoral votes. He will, perhaps, help determine a few swing states, thus gaining or losing electoral votes for Donbo or Hillary and having a real impact on the election. So, the question is - is his support strong enough in the close swing states to dramatically tilt the electoral map?

Too early to tell. So far, I think, his impact shows as negligible, but certainly something to keep an eye on.

I think the odds of the election going to the House (where Trump is making fewer and fewer friends each day; how hard do you think Paul Ryan will work for Donbo?) is really slim. For now.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Watching the Libertarian Town Hall is a refreshing change. Two adults rationally explaining their points of view and policies.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Watching the Libertarian Town Hall is a refreshing change. Two adults rationally explaining their points of view and policies.

I liked it but I already went in with some bias. I am a libertarian and really hope they can gain some traction that can carry on to the next election.

Bill seems to articulate their positions better than Gary, still voting for them just to push their numbers up.  

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 02:04 AM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:I doubt that. Just a hunch on my part, but he's likely to siphon "youth votes" more than anything. People that would actually vote for Clinton are probably older and/or vote for the Democrat candidate regardless of who it is.

If anyone is a "Clinton plant" I think that it's Trump.
You are older and going to vote Republican regardless of who the candidate is.

Claims trump is a clinton plant and still going to vote for him because he's not hillary. Hilariously sad.

I'm replying even though I assumed you've blocked me since I've called out your hypocrisy multiple times and you just keep ignoring it like trump who you are voting for even though he's a clinton plant or whatever.

I just wish at the minimum that Johnson could make it to the debates. I feel like that would go along way shaking up the two party system.

Quote:I just wish at the minimum that Johnson could make it to the debates. I feel like that would go along way shaking up the two party system.

Nothing is shaking the two party system other than a revolution.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Apparently he called Trump a [BAD WORD REMOVED]

Also:

Quote: 

“While Donald Trump is running on a platform to deport 12 million people, apparently including his own wife, Johnson-Weld stands for allowing people in Melania’s circumstances to stay if they learn English, pay their back taxes, and pay a fine,” the campaign wrote.

The Johnson-Weld ticket also promises to make “legal immigration vastly simpler and more available to people around the world — including Slovenian models.”

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Only thing I don't agree with Gary Johnson with is his views on private prisons.

https://youtu.be/oqE1BHgCZRQ

Quote:You are older and going to vote Republican regardless of who the candidate is.

Claims trump is a clinton plant and still going to vote for him because he's not hillary. Hilariously sad.

I'm replying even though I assumed you've blocked me since I've called out your hypocrisy multiple times and you just keep ignoring it like trump who you are voting for even though he's a clinton plant or whatever.

Nothing like stereotyping people in regards to the part in bold.  I'm surprised a liberal like you didn't call me an "old white guy", but I assume it's because you know that I'm not white.

I still don't know for sure if Trump is a Hillary plant or not.  Either way and if so my vote goes to him anyway in order to keep Hillary out of The White House.  Even though they are both essentially the same thing, I would rather have him be in charge of the train wreck coming then her.

I don't always necessarily vote along party lines, I vote for who I think is the best candidate, so saying that I'll vote Republican no matter the candidate is pretty much wrong.

For the record, I don't block anyone.  I'm all for free speech and freedom of expression.  If it bothers you so much that I don't answer one of your posts, feel free to shoot me a PM pointing it out.  Sometimes I just don't have the time to read each and every post.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.