Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Short Term Summer Rental Needed

Quote:Gator Lodge
A stones throw from Wally World too. Can't beat it.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have a 25 x 27 workshop.  I could rearrange some of my lawn equipment.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

why not just have her stay at your place and show her what you want her to see? It would be much cheaper, plus it might seem odd to her that you feel like you have to rent another place while she's there rather than just stay at your place...If I were to go see a girl and she rented a place instead of just staying at her place, I might feel like she's hiding something...  

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2016, 09:11 AM by oface5446.)

Quote:why not just have her stay at your place and show her what you want her to see? It would be much cheaper, plus it might seem odd to her that you feel like you have to rent another place while she's there rather than just stay at your place...If I were to go see a girl and she rented a place instead of just staying at her place, I might feel like she's hiding something...

She's been here before. She is on board for staying here most of the time. We are just trying to do something nice for July. But all those google results don't net me a short term lease. Most owners want at least a three month lease. I want a one month term for a furnished apartment in a good location. Not a lot out there.

Quote:She's been here before. She is on board for staying here most of the time. We are just trying to do something nice for July. But all those google results don't net me a short term lease. Most owners want at least a three month lease. I want a one month term for a furnished apartment in a good location. Not a lot out there.
if you google and search, you will find that there are many homeowners who rent their homes out as vacation rentals for one week and longer, especially at the beach...whenever I get to come back to town, I google "Vacation rentals Jacksonville Fl" and I can always find a place...Vacation rentals are not cheap per se, and some are set up for large groups, but most vacationers vacation from one to three weeks, therefore many homeowners reciprocate with terms designed expressly for vacationers... 

Quote:if you google and search, you will find that there are many homeowners who rent their homes out as vacation rentals for one week and longer, especially at the beach...whenever I get to come back to town, I google "Vacation rentals Jacksonville Fl" and I can always find a place...Vacation rentals are not cheap per se, and some are set up for large groups, but most vacationers vacation from one to three weeks, therefore many homeowners reciprocate with terms designed expressly for vacationers...

I'm aware of airbnb. Use it a lot. I'm not seeing anything else besides the occasional listing on craigslist. Everything else is 3 months stay minimum. I would love to see you prove me wrong. I need a place for $2500/mth or less within walking distance to either the beach, king st or San Marco blvd for the month of July or August. I bet you can't come up with anything.

Quote:I'm aware of airbnb. Use it a lot. I'm not seeing anything else besides the occasional listing on craigslist. Everything else is 3 months stay minimum. I would love to see you prove me wrong. I need a place for $2500/mth or less within walking distance to either the beach, king st or San Marco blvd for the month of July or August. I bet you can't come up with anything.

What about a Residence Inn? They are all about the weekly traveler and are furnished with a full kitchen.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Go on Facebook, find people who are going on vacation and stay at their house. Keys open doors but bricks open windows. 

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2016, 04:48 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:I'm aware of airbnb. Use it a lot. I'm not seeing anything else besides the occasional listing on craigslist. Everything else is 3 months stay minimum. I would love to see you prove me wrong. I need a place for $2500/mth or less within walking distance to either the beach, king st or San Marco blvd for the month of July or August. I bet you can't come up with anything.
Ive never heard of airbnb so thats not what I'm talking about...Simply do a web search "vacation rentals jacksonville florida" and there are tons of listings...I do that every time I come to town only 2 or 3 times a year, but still you can find a vacation home for rent by the week, or longer...Ive actually rented one for ten days before... Here are 2 pages of vacation rentals...I didnt look at them I just c/p there are pages and pages of vacation home rentals by owner or company

VRBO - Jacksonville FL Vacation Rentals

<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">https://www.vrbo.com/<b>vacation</b>-<b>rentals</b>/usa/<b>florida</b>
<div style="margin:0px 3px;">
<div style="font-size:13px;">
</div>
</div>
Browse and book <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Jacksonville vacation rentals on VRBO - Vacation Rentals By Owner. Inquire directly with owners and plan your Florida next vacation here.</span>
‎<a class="" href='https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/north-east/jacksonville#reviews'>Reviews</a> - ‎<a class="" href='https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/north-east/jacksonville#rates'>Rates</a> - ‎<a class="" href='https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/north-east/jacksonville#calendar'>Calendar</a> - ‎<a class="" href='https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/north-east/jacksonville#location'>Location</a>
</div>

Jacksonville Beach Vacation Rentals Homes, Condos Florida ...

<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.vacationrentalpros.com › Browse All Rentals
</div>
</div>
Stay on the Best Beaches on <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Florida's First Coast! ... Click Here, for more information aboutJacksonville Beach. ... The main communities of the Beaches are Mayport, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach and Ponte Vedra Beach.</span>

<div>

Vacation rentals | Jacksonville Beach | Ponte Vedra Beach | St ...
<div>
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.ne<b>floridavacationrentals</b>.com/
</div>
</div>
EXPERIENCE <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">FLORIDA'S FIRST COAST! Vacation home rentals in the beautiful beach and golf course communities of Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach ...</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Jacksonville Vacation Rental Homes
<div>
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">bookings.lancelotscastles.com/
</div>
</div>
DeLooking for <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Jacksonville Homes from an expert Jacksonville Realtor? Come to Lancelot's ... Find your horizon on a quiet beach along Florida's First Coast.</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Vacation Rentals in Jacksonville Beach, Florida | ClearStay.com
<div>
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.clearstay.com/<b>Vacation</b>+<b>Rentals</b>/US-<b>Florida</b>-<b>Jacksonville</b>+Beach
</div>
</div>
Find and book <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Jacksonville Beach, Florida vacation rentals, condos, cabins, and vacation homes.</span></div>

1. <a class="" href='https://www.tripping.com/search?search-input=Jacksonville%2C+%20FL%2C+United+States&cam=640'>Jacksonville Home Rental‎</a>
    <div style="color:rgb(0,102,33);font-size:14px;">Adwww.tripping.com/<b>Jacksonville</b>‎
    4.9  rating for tripping.com
    #1 Site for <b>Vacation</b> Home <b>Rentals</b>. Amazing Homes Cheaper Than Hotels!
    Tripping.com makes sure you get the lowest price – <a class="" href='http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/tripping-lowest-vacation-rental-prices'>Travel + Leisure</a>
    <ul class=""><li>Vacation Rentals
  2. Monthly Vacation Rentals
  3. Vacation Rental By Owner
  4. Rent Your Home
    </ul></li>
  5. <a class="" href='http://www.vacaguru.com/vacation-rentals/jacksonville-beach/?pl=sem2&kw=jacksonville%20beach%20rentals%20homes'>Jacksonville Beach Houses - From $75/night. 2-6 bedrooms‎</a>
    Adwww.vacaguru.com/‎
    Oceanfront available! Inquire now.
    Over 700k Rentals · The Best Selection · Seasonal Deals

6. <a class="" href='https://www.hometogo.com/lp1/5460ae9c191ca'>Cheap Vacation Rentals‎</a>
    Adwww.hometogo.com/<b>Jacksonville</b>‎
    Biggest choice: Fireplace, WiFi, TV, AC, Swimming Pool, Sauna.
    Metasearch Engine · Over 6 million offers · The best offers · Find the lowest prices
    The European Metasearch Engine For Vacation Rentals – <a class="" href='https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZrYrK45bNAhUFMj4KHc7ZC3IQ9xsIwAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftechcrunch.com%2F2015%2F07%2F02%2Fhometogo%2F&usg=AFQjCNHDksJe70HI9UHyFrFot1S-VnQ7Vg&sig2=hdup9WqFRGlFurhpYLzZCQ&bvm=bv.124088155,d.cWw'>techcrunch.com</a>

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div style="font-sizeConfusedmall;">
<div>

Furnished Vacation Rentals in North Florida, Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra
<div style="color:rgb(84,84,84);">
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.stocktonrealestate.com/furnished-<b>vacation</b>-<b>rental</b>-search-results/
</div>
</div>
Breathtakingly beautiful oceanfront home located four doors south of the prestigious 5 diamond resort The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club. ... Ponte Vedra Beach Oceanfront. ... Oceanfront Ponte Vedra Beach exquisite 4 bedroom 4 bath home is one of a kind!</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Save on 394 Jacksonville Vacation Rentals from $25 | Tripping.com
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.tripping.com › United States › Florida
</div>
</div>
Compare and save on 394 Jacksonville <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">vacation rentals now. ... Compare Jacksonville vacation rentals from 6 rental sites including .... Jacksonville, FL.</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Jacksonville FL: Things to Do & Places to Stay | VacationRentals.com
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">https://www.<b>vacationrentals</b>.com/info/<b>vacation</b>-guides/<b>jacksonville</b>-beach-<b>vacation</b>
</div>
</div>
The great outdoors meets the perks of big city living in <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Jacksonville - enjoy Florida withVacationRentals.com.</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Florida and South Georgia Vacation Homes for Rent, Vacation Houses ...
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.watsonrent.com/<b>vacation</b>-<b>rentals</b>
</div>
</div>
Find <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Florida and South Georgia, FL vacation homes for rent with our borderless search. Search by any criteria!</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals in Jacksonville Beach, FL, US
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.bringfido.com › Accommodations › Vacation Rentals › United States › Florida
</div>
</div>
Pet friendly <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Vacation Rentals in Jacksonville Beach, FL, US. Need help deciding where to stay? View pictures of each hotel, get the scoop on their pet policies, ...</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals in Jacksonville, FL, US - BringFido.com
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.bringfido.com › Accommodations › Vacation Rentals › United States › Florida
</div>
</div>
Pet friendly <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Vacation Rentals in Jacksonville, FL, US. Need help deciding where to stay? View pictures of each hotel, get the scoop on their pet policies, and ...</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Top 10 Vacation Rentals & Condos in Jacksonville, Florida | Hotels.com
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.hotels.com › ... › Florida hotels › Hotels in Jacksonville, Florida
</div>

<div style="color:rgb(119,119,119);font-size:14px;">Hotels.com
</div>
</div>
"Looking for <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Jacksonville, Florida condos and vacation homes for rent? Find anything from luxury condos to spacious vacation homes with amenities and enjoy ...</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Pablo Beach Vacation Rentals
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">pablobeach<b>vacationrentals</b>.com/
</div>
</div>
Beautifully renovated beach cottages in the heart of <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Jacksonville Beach. 1 1/2 blocks to the ocean. Book instantly online!</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Vacation Rentals in Jacksonville Area | Vacation Rentals on Oodle ...
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);"><b>vacationrentals</b>.oodle.com/<b>jacksonville</b>-area/
</div>
</div>
$100 Monthly|Weekly SPECIAL DAILY WEEKLY MONTHLY <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">VACATION RENTAL (Jacksonville beach) $100 2bd 800ft. 2 BR · Vacation · Jacksonville, FL.</span></div>
</div>
</div>

<div>

Ponte Vedra Beach | Florida Vacation Rental Homes
<div style="color:rgb(128,128,128);">www.ponte-vedra-<b>florida</b>.com/
</div>
</div>
Ponte Vedra Beach <span style="font-weight:bold;color:rgb(106,106,106);">Vacation Rentals & Property Management, Real Estate agents ... Jacksonville Florida is the largest city in the U.S. state of Florida in terms of ...</span></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div style="margin:-10px 0px 16px;color:rgb(84,84,84);">

1. <a class="" href='https://www.airbnb.com/s/Ponte-Vedra-Beach--FL?s_tag=pmXaewsL'>Vacation Rentals Ponte Vedra - Short Term Rentals From $49/Night‎</a>
    <div style="color:rgb(0,102,33);font-size:14px;">Adwww.airbnb.com/‎
    Over 1,500,000 Listings Worldwide.
    Listings in 190 Countries · 2,000,000 Unique Listings · $1,000,000 Host Guarantee
    Ratings<span>:</span>Selection 10/10 - Website 9.5/10 - Prices 9.5/10 - Travel info 9/10 - Service 9/10
    <ul class=""><li>View most Popular Rentals
  2. Learn how Airbnb Works
  3. Signup Now
  4. What is Airbnb?
    </ul></li>
  5. <a class="" href='https://www.homeaway.com/search/refined/florida/jacksonville/region:7894/Online+Booking:Book+Online?k_clickid='>HomeAway Jacksonville‎</a>
    Adwww.homeaway.com/Book_Online‎
    Spend Less & Travel More! <b>Vacation Rentals</b> Offer Real Value.
    Customer Service 24/7 · Over 1 Million Listings · Free Property Listing · Budget & Luxury Rentals
    Customer Service Leader of the Year – <a class="" href='http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/sales/awards/426_2281_25576.cfm'>2015 Stevie Awards</a>
    Ratings<span>:</span>Selection 9/10 - Prices 8.5/10 - Fees 8.5/10 - Website 8.5/10 - Customer service 8/10

6. <a class="" href='https://www.vacationrentalpros.com/florida_jacksonville-beach_psv/'>Jacksonville Beach Vacation Rentals Homes, Condos Florida‎</a>
    Adwww.<b>vacationrental</b>pros.com/‎
    4.6  rating for vacationrentalpros.com
    Book Direct for Best Rates! <b>Florida</b> <b>Vacation</b> Homes & Condos-$300 Down.
    You've visited vacationrentalpros.com 2 times. Last visit: today
    Ponte Vedra Beach Vacation Homes: Vacation Rental Pros

</div>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 

Searches related to vacation rentals jacksonville fl
<div>
<p class="">vacation <b>home</b> rentals jacksonville fl

<p class=""><b>condo</b> rentals jacksonville fl

<p class=""><b>vrbo</b> jacksonville fl

<p class="">vacation rentals <b>st augustine</b> fl

<p class="">jacksonville fl vacation rentals <b>by owner</b>

<p class="">vacation rentals <b>tampa</b> fl

<p class="">vacation rentals <b>orlando</b> fl

<p class="">vacation rentals <b>miami</b> fl

<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

This seems completely shady.
Huh

I've used VRBO before. It's cool - unless you find a shady owner/renter.

I noticed some 1 and 2br town homes in Jax beach and PVB listed there when I was helping a friend do a weekly vacation rental in vilano.

They like to rent by the week - but some will lower their price for multiple week rentals. So 2500 seems do-able to me.

Quote:She actually identifies as your mother.

Bahahahaha!!!!! Classic. This genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Quote:Ok, so my gf is coming down for the summer. I'm currently on the northside. I'm 32, she is 25. Both gainfully employed. I want to show her a better side of Jax.

What I'm looking for his a furnished apartment in either Riverside, San Marco or the Beaches area for the month of July and possibly August.

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be super. I'm obviously already scouring Craigslist of course.

Let me know, thanks!
This is a website my husband and I used when we went to the mountains for about 10 days a couple of years ago. 

This is what I found when I put in Jacksonville, FL for July 1-31  I hope I linked that right and that it's helpful.