Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What should I do?

Quote:I know in the UK this doesn't apply.. Affairs have no bearing on the outcome of a custody issue.
Yeah, I have zero knowledge if it does here or not as well. Seems if all else being equal it could sway the decision?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not a lawyer by any means, and I also know each state is different. But it's my understanding that typically, almost by default the mother gets the children. Unless she is a complete screw up ( drugs, criminal history, super promiscuous), gives up rights on her own, or ex has a [BLEEP] ton of money and vendetta that will "buy" his way through custody battles.

Quote:Yeah, I have zero knowledge if it does here or not as well. Seems if all else being equal it could sway the decision?

Unfortunately not.. If all is equal, it would still sway toward the mother.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

For some reason this topic keeps popping in my mind. Maybe it's the the "obvious answer" or it's the lack of "thanks guys, I think I'll stay here with my boy" reply from the OP. Maybe I'm just impatient. But the longer the time goes by without having questions answered that have been asked by other posters or an update I'm started to feel it was more so for validation to leave.

If that is the case, and only if so, then my reply changes from being a helpful board member to a blunt stranger.

The blunt stranger in me wants to say that every father in the world has one thing in common. They are all males. You've got to be a man to be a father. So ask yourself, "Am I man enough to be the father this kid needs?" If not, leave. If so, Man on and be a daddy.

Generally custody is joint in Florida. Primary residence usually determines who pays who and the schedule is set by formula not case by case. Visitation minimums are also mandated by code.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Generally custody is joint in Florida. Primary residence usually determines who pays who and the schedule is set by formula not case by case. Visitation minimums are also mandated by code.

They are in Indy.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:They are in Indy.

Right, so if they are different and there is concern then he should move here and file in Florida.  :thumbsup:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been traveling, with my son, to Florida.

I suppose it's different for me because my dad I only got to see in the summers. My brother, who's trying to convince me to come back, has always had a travelling job and his kids and him have a great relationship. So I see that and think it'd be ok.

But I've decided to remain near him. One thing that kinda stuck is the fact that I'm never gonna get that time back.

Quote:Sorry for the delayed response. I've been traveling, with my son, to Florida.

I suppose it's different for me because my dad I only got to see in the summers. My brother, who's trying to convince me to come back, has always had a travelling job and his kids and him have a great relationship. So I see that and think it'd be ok.

But I've decided to remain near him. One thing that kinda stuck is the fact that I'm never gonna get that time back.

Good man, I think this is the best decision.

Your son will appreciate it, even if he doesn't say it verbally.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Good choice!

Ditch the kid walk the Earth like Caine in Kung Fu and get into adventures and [BLEEP].
[Image: SaKG4.gif]