Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Have they said what they plan to do with Jack?

Telvin weak, Jack middle, and Cyp strong. Sample at SS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Telvin weak, Jack middle, and Cyp strong. Sample at SS

Not sure why some see Cyp at LB, dude takes bad angles and misses too many tackles.

Quote:Not sure why some see Cyp at LB, dude takes bad angles and misses too many tackles.

Yeah Cyp is not playing LB. Skuta is much better at that spot than Cyp would be
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Let him eat.

Quote:Telvin weak, Jack middle, and Cyp strong. Sample at SS
How many 220-lb. linebackers do we really need?

Quote:Malik Jackson and Marks pushing the middle.... With Gipson and Ramsey patrolling the backfield....

And Ramsey

To answer the question, they are going to let the rookie come in and establish himself in a role.  Where that ends up... that is the real question.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:And Ramsey

He said Ramsey.

I could see Poz and Jack playing in nickel situations actually. Although Poz isn't nearly as fast as telvin, I think they love him out there calling shots
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

So interesting tidbit that was dropped by Dave and I don't believe its been mentioned or talked about yet. During the draft process, before the will he/won't he need microfracture thing came up, one of the questions I had with Myles was his position. Much like Jaylon Smith, I thought Jack's best fit is as a WLB, which is the position that Telvin played at. However, Jack showed up at the combine weighing 240 lbs, making him suitable for MLB.

Projecting this with the Jags, I think after the draft, a lot of people believe this sets up a Telvin/Poz/Skuta with Jack rotating and playing an active role on passing downs. But the recent interview of Dave revealed an interesting point...

Jack has dropped 15 lbs.

That puts him at 225, which is closer to his UCLA weight and closer to the ideal WLB weight.

Does this change a bit how we utilize Jack? There were rumblings before of us looking at him as a OLB/SS hybrid. With him in the 220s, this puts him more in this hybrid role than a traditional MLB (and even farther from the bigger OTTO). 

Quote:I could see Poz and Jack playing in nickel situations actually. Although Poz isn't nearly as fast as telvin, I think they love him out there calling shots
LOL

Is there any precedent here we can look at?

Another rookie LB who came into a situation similar to ours and how they used him? 

Poz should be in the middle leading the defense getting everything situated. Let the young bulls ( Smith & Jack ) run sideline to sideline from the outside.

Nickel situations Telvin Smith has been in this defense long enough to know the system so he and Jack should be on the field

Quote:Not sure why some see Cyp at LB, dude takes bad angles and misses too many tackles.

It cant be any more then Poz..

Quote:It cant be any more then Poz..

lol Poz is the one actual guy that can tackle on our defense.

Quote:So interesting tidbit that was dropped by Dave and I don't believe its been mentioned or talked about yet. During the draft process, before the will he/won't he need microfracture thing came up, one of the questions I had with Myles was his position. Much like Jaylon Smith, I thought Jack's best fit is as a WLB, which is the position that Telvin played at. However, Jack showed up at the combine weighing 240 lbs, making him suitable for MLB.

Projecting this with the Jags, I think after the draft, a lot of people believe this sets up a Telvin/Poz/Skuta with Jack rotating and playing an active role on passing downs. But the recent interview of Dave revealed an interesting point...

Jack has dropped 15 lbs.

That puts him at 225, which is closer to his UCLA weight and closer to the ideal WLB weight.

Does this change a bit how we utilize Jack? There were rumblings before of us looking at him as a OLB/SS hybrid. With him in the 220s, this puts him more in this hybrid role than a traditional MLB (and even farther from the bigger OTTO). 

How about we move Telvin to SS? 

Quote:How about we move Telvin to SS? 

Jack's a better cover guy than Telvin. Despite Telvin's athleticism, he really wasn't all that good covering TEs last season.

I heard they were going to trade him.