Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An Embarrassment of Riches

Quote:8-8,9-7 with a slow start and fast finish.

It will take some time for all the new defensive pieces to gel and learn the system in the rookies cases.

Depending on what happens with the offensive line, they may take a few games to gel as well.

Man I just hope they shock everyone and come storming out of the gate.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:8-8,9-7 with a slow start and fast finish.

It will take some time for all the new defensive pieces to gel and learn the system in the rookies cases.

Depending on what happens with the offensive line, they may take a few games to gel as well.
I agree...Once they begin to gel they will start putting some wins together

We didn't lose bad last year the 11 losses were on average 10 points but if you throw out the pats game it was only 7. With the improvement from FA and the draft we should be able to close that gap easily and add a few more wins. Getting off the field on third and long is the key.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:... giving up 3rd down after 3rd down until they're so gassed that allowing a TD is almost a relief...

I had to laugh at that.   It's funny because it's true. 

Quote:We didn't lose bad last year the 11 losses were on average 10 points but if you throw out the pats game it was only 7. With the improvement from FA and the draft we should be able to close that gap easily and add a few more wins. Getting off the field on third and long is the key.

I'm not arguing we won't be better...but don't forget we played some crappy teams and backup QBs last year (and still lost).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree with your take overall.  Regarding the parts in bold...

With the veteran free agent acquisitions as well as younger players maturing, I see this defense being MUCH improved.  The rookies just drafted adds to that.

My initial thought was that the team needed to finish at least at .500 for Bradley to keep his job.  I do believe that the bar is set higher now.  At the VERY LEAST the team must be above .500 and realistically they need to be around the 10-6 mark for Bradley to be safe.

Unless both parties are satisfied with another short term contract extension,   you might be proven correct about the 10 win mark or greater being what's needed for Gus Bradley to get a long term extension.   The Jaguars talent is obviously now MUCH better than it's been during this decade.  Because of that,  Bradley has to demonstrate to ownership and Dave Caldwell that he's the right coach to lead this talented group of core players over the long haul.

Quote:even though the personnel are good players, there is no guarantee that you can put them on the field and they light the league on fire...They are rookies for the most part, they need to get used to the NFL speed, and the entire team needs to learn how to play with each other...you can't expect to grab a bunch of guys, some rookies, some coming back from injury, some just acquired, put them through a few OTAs and TC and then play like a well oiled machine....They have to learn each other, learn to trust each other and learn how to work together...

YES there a [BAD WORD REMOVED] load of talent on the team, yes the defense will be great, but they need to learn to function together as a unit before they are going to set the league on fire 

I'm certainly not debating anything you mentioned in your reply.   You certainly brought up good points that I agree with.

Yet,  because the Jaguars do now have potential impact players on both sides of the ball,  even with plenty of growing pains,  this team still MIGHT be good enough to have double digit wins and even get to 11-5 this season.  

If nothing dramatic chances with the Jaguars based on a normal course of events,  I think the Jaguars have at least a 30% chance of going 11-5 this season.   At least under my way of looking at things, this falls under the umbrella of a realistic chance to reach the 11 win mark.   Barring the injury factor leading up to the regular season,  I probably will predict the Jaguars to win 10 games this season.