Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Draft Starting Lineup

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 12:43 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:QB - Blake Bortles

RB1 - TJ Yeldon

RB2 - Chris Ivory

WR1 - Allen Robinson

WR2 - Allen Hurns

TE1 - Julius Thomas

TE2 - Marcedes Lewis

LT - Kelvin Beachum

LG - AJ Cann

C - Brandon Linder

RG - Mackenzy Bernadeau 

RT - Jermey Parnell

This is how I imagine the offense will look too. I also think Oberkrom will be our kicker and Sample will be the starting SS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol
That lineup would get 100 sacks as a team for the season.

Quote:That lineup would get 100 sacks as a team for the season.
And you're taking out our best run defenders. Sacks are great and all but if you can't stop the run...

Another guy I liked last year when he spot started for Poz is Jordan Tripp. I'd like to see him push for more playing time in an effort to keep Poz fresh. Tripp actually played well in his limited time.

Quote:Projecting the starting lineup going forward, what are you all thoughts? For me;

QB- Blake Bortles

RB- Chris Ivory

WR- Allen Robinson

WR- Allen Hurns

TE- Julius Thomas

LT- Kelvin Beachum

LG- Brandon Linder

C- Luke Bowanko

LG- AJ Cann

RT- Jeremy Parnell

LEO- Dante Fowler

DT- Malik Jackson

DT- Sen'Derrick Marks

DE- Jared Odrick (Yannik on passing downs)

OLB- Myles Jack

MLB- Paul Pozluszny

OLB- Telvin Smith

CB- Davon House

CB- Jalen Ramsey

FS- Tyshaun Gipson

SS- Jon Cyprien

Obviously our depth could stand to improve but I see division championship potential on that roster. Absolutely explosive offensively and a defense that will be miles ahead of anything we have seen since the JDR days.

I think Linder will start at Center and they move Joeckel inside at LG.. Caldwell spoke of this ..

Could we see this for our LBs?

Otto.... Jack

MLB......Skuta

WLB......Smith

As starters with poz as backup?

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 01:41 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Day wont be over Marks, sorry

I forgot to say that i was referencing that lineup as a rotational package, my b.  I think thats the best lineup to get after the QB on passing downs.  

I also believe with Sample's FS like ball hawking skills, if he steps up, thats Crazy sideline to sideline range with him and Tashaun.  The whole field would be locked.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:Could we see this for our LBs?

Otto.... Jack

MLB......Skuta

WLB......Smith

As starters with poz as backup?

Dave and Gus both sounded like Poz was safe starting at MLB. Wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Skuta rotated at OTTO and Jack being the Nickel LB with Telvin.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 04:07 PM by jagabc6893.)

Did anybody give a true 3-4 lineup yet? I think we might have the personnel now, with good depth at all front seven positions.

Only problem is where would one of our best defensive players line-up? That's easy, Telvin Smith to SS/ILB hybrid like what Arizona did with Deone Bucannon (211 lbs).

DE M. Jackson - NT R. Miller - DE J. Odrick

OLB - D. Fowler - ILB M. Jack - ILB T. Smith - OLB Y. Ngakoue

CB J. Ramsey - SS J. Cyprien - FS T. Gipson - CB D. House

Depth:

DE - S. Marks, M. Bennett, J. Woodard (probably cut Alualu if Woodard beats him out)

NT - A. Jones, S. Day

OLB- D. Skuta, T. Holmes, C. Smith or R. Davis,

ILB - P. Poz, S. Porter

I don't know about you, but I'd be excited about this lineup. How about it??

Would be even better for the 3-4 if they would have selected NT Andrew Billings in the 4th instead of Day.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 02:03 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Did anybody give a true 3-4 lineup yet?  I think we might have the personnel now, with good depth at all front seven positions.  

Only problem is where would one of our best defensive players line-up?  That's easy, Telvin Smith to SS/ILB hybrid like what Arizona did with Deone Bucannon (211 lbs).

DE M. Jackson - NT R. Miller - DE J. Odrick

OLB - D. Fowler - ILB M. Jack - ILB T. Smith - OLB Y. Ngakoue

CB J. Ramsey - SS J. Cyprien - FS T. Gipson - CB D. House

Depth:

DE - T. Alualu, S. Marks, M. Bennett, J. Woodard

NT - A. Jones, S. Day

OLB- D. Skuta, C. Smith, R. Davis, T. Holmes

ILB - P. Poz, S. Porter, J. Tripp

I don't know about you, but I'd be excited about this lineup. How about it??
Interesting.  I would only be skeptical about switching Telvin with Jack, if its not a blitz, based off Jack being better in coverage.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 02:33 PM by jagabc6893.)

O-line:

LT Joeckel - LG Bernadeau/Shatley - C Linder - RG Cann  - RT Parnell  (Notes:  Beachum could take over for Joeckel mid-season, or play OG)

Maybe this is why they signed Bernadeau?  Competition between him and Shatley at remaining OG spot in case they did not draft an OG or Center?

I actually like the idea of two 6'6"/6'5" guys, Linder and Bowanko at the Guard spots, and Cann at Center.  

Rest of the line-up on offense is obvious, and no need to list.

Quote:I think they pair old cowboy reserves Bernadeau and Parnell on the right, allow Linder to be our center, with Cann and Beachum on the left.

I take this back after hearing Olson list Bernadeau as a plug and play starter at left guard, and said the same thing about Beachum at LT

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

A guess at the Jaguars Depth Chart

OFFENSE

QB- Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen

RB- T.J. Yeldon, Chris Ivory, Shoelace, Jonas Gray, Corey Grant

GLRB- Chris Ivory

LWR- Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee

RWR- Allen Hurns, Rashad Greene

3WR-Rashad Greene

TE- Julius Thomas, M. Lewis, Nic Jacobs

LT- Kelvin Beachum, Luke Joeckel

LG- AJ Cann, Mackenzy Bernadeau

C- Brandon Linder, Luke Bowanko

RG-Mackenzy Bernadeau, Brandon Linder

RT- Jeremy Parnell, Josh Wells

Defense

LEO- Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, Skuta, Jonathan Woodard

DT Malik Jackson, Sen'Derrick Marks, Tyson Alualu, Ryan Davis, Sheldon Day

NT- Roy Miller, Arby Jones

DE- Jared Odrick, Ryan Davis, Tyson Alualu, Dante Fowler Jr.

S/LOLB- Myles Jack, Tyrone Holmes, Skuta

MLB- Paul Pozluszny, Thurston Armbrister, Telvin Smith

W/ROLB- Telvin Smith,  Myles Jack

LCB- Davon House, Jalen Ramsey, Gratz

RCB- Jalen Ramsey, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, Gratz

NCB- Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin

FS- Tyshaun Gipson, Josh Evans

SS- James Sample, Josh Evans, Jon Cyprien

Special Teams

K-Jason Myers

P-Brad Nortman

Returner- R. Greene, Jalen Ramsey

LS- Carson Tinker

I prefer yeldon to start for some reason I just can't get on the Ivory train I personally never thaught he was anything but decent to average
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://sprtshumor.lockerdome.com/media/110622182'>http://sprtshumor.lockerdome.com/media/110622182</a><p><a class="bbc_url" href='http://remotecontrol.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/rc/2013/08/Justin6.gif'>http://remotecontrol.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/rc/2013/08/Justin6.gif</a>

They at least told the press that Ivory was signed to help share the load to keep T.J. healthy (assuming Yeldon is the starter but that they will split the carries).

Yeldon is the starter to me. Ivory is the short yardage/goal line/ change of pace.