Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars are not a laughing stock

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ayoff-push

"In a wide open AFC South, the Jaguars should absolutely expect to be a playoff team this season."

It's nice to read nice things! (Of course, its the hope that kills you but for now let's enjoy the warm fuzzy glow of positivity for once!)

Vegas odds for Jags to the Superbowl? Slashed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 08:40 AM by JagJohn.)

Let's keep 'em coming! Nothing wrong with basking in the all-too-rare glow of positivity for a while longer!

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/04/30/jacksonville-jaguars-accumulate-best-group-of-talent-in-2016-nfl-draft/'>http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/04/30/jacksonville-jaguars-accumulate-best-group-of-talent-in-2016-nfl-draft/</a>

Jacksonville Jaguars Accumulate Best Group of Talent in 2016 NFL Draft

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ayoff-push

"In a wide open AFC South, the Jaguars should absolutely expect to be a playoff team this season."

It's nice to read nice things! (Of course, its the hope that kills you but for now let's enjoy the warm fuzzy glow of positivity for once!)

Vegas odds for Jags to the Superbowl? Slashed!

Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves,
we're still in only year 4 of this 15 year rebuild plan
. Wouldn't want expectations for Simple Gus to be too high. Just
as long as he's 7-9
or so I think he should stick around and get to keep coaching up the tiny amount of talent on the team. After all,
we wouldn't want to hurt the development of the guys when it's going so well that such an untalented team as the Jaguars can make it to 7-9 in a division as stacked as the AFC South.

http://smittyssportsmachine.sportsblog.c...cago-.html

"Jacksonville has a young nucleus on both sides of the football that may assure them a bright future in the coming years. Blake Bortles is a young, competitive QB that is emerging as one of the games best young phenomenal passers and with Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson, they are almost complete on defense.

Bortles was among the top QB's last season in touchdown passes and with his talented receiving core, he will be able to develop into a solid starter in the NFL.

Ramsey and Jack with give the young and aggressive Jags defense a bit more bite at their respective positions and not to mention the Jags will have last years first round pick Dante Fowler returning from a torn ACL injury, so it's like they have three first round picks to work with and develop to make this team gel together."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26368...young-team

"Don't be surprised if this is the year the tide turns teal in the AFC South."

For those who know the reference, I always think of The Wolf from Pulp Fiction: "Lets not start su....."

For good and bad, the pressure is on full force for Gus now.  Expectations are we are a playoff caliber team.  I suppose there is the off chance we win 10 or 11 games and miss out because of flukey circumstance but Gus needs to make this team playoff caliber whether we make it or not.  It's much better to have high expectations being that team that has played really well and had success unexpectedly as opposed to being the team with high expectations that hasnt yet shown any success.  On paper we should be really good this year but we still have never shown it.

Quote:Hey now, let's not get ahead of ourselves,
we're still in only year 4 of this 15 year rebuild plan
. Wouldn't want expectations for Simple Gus to be too high. Just
as long as he's 7-9
or so I think he should stick around and get to keep coaching up the tiny amount of talent on the team. After all,
we wouldn't want to hurt the development of the guys when it's going so well that such an untalented team as the Jaguars can make it to 7-9 in a division as stacked as the AFC South.

There's gonna be a whole lot of bickering on here about expectations! .500 at worst for me, I think that is very fair looking at this roster, and considering how easily we could have won at least 3 more games last year... One thing that is definitely true though... If things do get off to a bad start the Gus hatred is gonna be out of control. And not without some foundation. But let's ignore all that for now and just feel the love!

Quote:For those who know the reference, I always think of The Wolf from Pulp Fiction: "Lets not start su....."

For good and bad, the pressure is on full force for Gus now.  Expectations are we are a playoff caliber team.  I suppose there is the off chance we win 10 or 11 games and miss out because of flukey circumstance but Gus needs to make this team playoff caliber whether we make it or not.  It's much better to have high expectations being that team that has played really well and had success unexpectedly as opposed to being the team with high expectations that hasnt yet shown any success.  On paper we should be really good this year but we still have never shown it.

If the Jaguars win 11 games and don't make the playoffs it would mean they didn't take care of business in the division, which would be the biggest problem there could be. Jaguars need to be going 6-0 in a division as terrible as the AFC South.

Quote:That video was hilarious. The vocals were as bad as Gabbert's play. But I'm sure rollerjag will be around soon to tell me I need a tuner to determine that.
whoever did that video should be apologizing to all humanity.

Quote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26368...young-team

"Don't be surprised if this is the year the tide turns teal in the AFC South."

Jack and Smith will give Jacksonville one of the most athletic, dynamic linebacker tandems in the league, should the former be able to stay healthy and avoid significant complications with his knee.

Quote:For those who know the reference, I always think of The Wolf from Pulp Fiction: "Lets not start su....."

For good and bad, the pressure is on full force for Gus now. Expectations are we are a playoff caliber team. I suppose there is the off chance we win 10 or 11 games and miss out because of fluky circumstance but Gus needs to make this team playoff caliber whether we make it or not. It's much better to have high expectations being that team that has played really well and had success unexpectedly as opposed to being the team with high expectations that hasn't yet shown any success. On paper we should be really good this year but we still have never shown it.

I think the last team to win 11 games and miss the playoffs was the 2008 Patriots. Sometimes 10 wins are not enough (the Jets know something about that). The key is to win division games. Six games are more important than ever because we are not going to the playoffs simply on overall record alone. Let's win the division baby!

Quote:Long gone are the days of drafting Jorge Cordova, Larry Hart, Rod Issac, or Scotty McGee.....

Rod Issac works for Enterprise Rent-a-Car at the Atlanta airport now. True story.
Only a chump boos the home team!