Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Judge orders copyright trial over opening notes of Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'

Judge orders copyright trial over opening notes of Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'

LOS ANGELES –  A trial is needed to determine if Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" copies its opening notes from a song performed by the rock band Spirit, a federal judge has ruled.

U.S District Judge R. Gary Klausner ruled Friday that lawyers for the trustee of late Spirit guitarist Randy Wolfe had shown enough evidence to support a case that "Stairway to Heaven" copies music from the Spirit song "Taurus."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...tcmp=hpbt4

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It took them this long to notice?? Can't be too much alike then.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Just some bat [BLEEP] crazy lawyer trying to make a name for himself probably

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

The limitless stupidity astounds me.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Led Zep stole a whole lot from a lot of bands/groups/artists. You can't deny it.

Their problem is they blatantly stole riffs/lyrics/entire structures of songs from lots of artists and didn't give them any credit, which has already resulted in them settling outside of court with some artists.

This video shows a snippet of some of the songs they stole, but there's quite a few more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiY4ciK...tml5=False

Look, I love Led Zeppelin, they are one of my favorite bands, but they stole stuff and gave no credit to the original artists, which is completely messed up if you ask me.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Somebody found just another reason to sue for "damages".

Kids, if you want to make a lot of money, become a lawyer.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Somebody found just another reason to sue for "damages".

Kids, if you want to make a lot of money, become a lawyer.

So you're ok with copyright infringement?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Hopefully while they are all together, they decide to do a little reunion tour or something. That'd be awesome and long overdue.

Wow, unfortunately probably going to end up paying, just like Men Down Under.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtfNMPaM...tml5=False

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Just some bat [BAD WORD REMOVED] crazy lawyer trying to make a name for himself probably

This doesn't seem like the Lemelson Foundation, which lines its pockets and makes its riches from patent trolling.  Unlike those con-artists, this seems legit.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."