Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Colvin Suspended 4 Games

No way in hell does Dave draft VH3. I'm a die hard Gators fan and he is so overrated. Anybody who's watched him closely the last 2 years knows this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It happens. Glad it's not something more serious than a PED. He gambled and he's paying for it. Hopefully he'll learn from this mistake.

As far as us drafting Hargreaves over this? Doubt it. If we draft Hargreaves it'll be because Caldwell deemed him worthy enough of that selection. If Jack or Ramsey is there he's taking one of them first though. I am not sold on Bosa.

As far as Colvin's ability? Is he an all-star? No. But on this roster? Yes. He's arguably the best coverman we have. I don't feel comfortable at all with Gratz being out there on the outside at any point in time. House had his moments. Amukamara will be just fine with House out there. Where Colvin excelled though was in the nickel / slot coverman position and blitzing off the edge. He had probably 3.0 or 4.0 sacks last year blitzing from his position. That's an impressive number from that position in this type of defense.

We will manage though. I think Caldwell will get lucky, our fanbase will get lucky. I think we'll land Jack to handle the ILB position and take over Paul's role in this defense for years to come. He's an excellent athlete that fits better in coverage than he does at rushing the line of scrimmage and chasing after the quarterback. And we could certainly use the speed inside to compliment Telvin Smith at his role on the outside. Having a guy like Jack in the middle actually frees a guy up like Telvin Smith to blitz more off the edge.

And I think we'll see Caldwell go after a DE like Carl Nassib or Shilique Calhoun with his 2ND RD pick to hopefully compliment Fowler Jr. and bolster the front four. People might think Calhoun or Nassib are a reach in RD2 but honestly I am willing to bet we'll see a fast run on DE's in RD1. Probably talking about six to eight DE's going in the first round. So landing a guy like Calhoun or Nassib in RD2 would be ideal. Because after those two it's really slim pickins' at DE.
The problem is that if he was willing to compromise on something banned like a Performance Enhancing Drug, then what else is he willing to compromise on? So much for integrity, eh?

Artie Burns in the third.

Quote:In other news... Ernest Wilford is now a policeman.
I saw that too

Quote:No way in hell does Dave draft VH3. I'm a die hard Gators fan and he is so overrated. Anybody who's watched him closely the last 2 years knows this.

Maybe so but I noticed in watching games he was always on whatever side of the field that Fowler was on weird right?

Here's my updated Mock Draft as of 4/14/2016

If you truly trust all the fans hype of LB Myles Jack why on earth wouldn't the Titans draft him 1st overall knowing that they need help on LB?

#1.) Titans draft LB Myles Jack

Browns like running exciting QBs and got RG3 to replace Johnny Football but without a good LT doesn't matter who the QB is so instead they draft.

#2.) Browns LT Laremy Tunsil

The chargers take the most athletic person in the draft that fits a need hoping he's a shut down corner but if nothing else can upgrade FS this season.

#3.) Chargers  CB Jalen Ramsey

Maybe trade down, but Godfather Gil praises Joey, and Dallas needs an edge rusher badly some say he's JJ Watt others say Ryan Kerrigan Cowboys would take either.

#4.) Cowboys   DE Joey Bosa

Time for the Jacksonville Jaguars #5 overall pick with no team drafting a QB as of yet they expect tons of phone calls to trade down but Dave hasn't traded out of 1st yet so ..

#5.) Jaguars draft CB Vernon Hargreaves III

I could see the Ravens trading up for Jalen Ramsey or for Bosa but instead I think they wait and draft a shocking person that can improve their offense immediately..  Could see T Stanley here too.

#6.) Ravens RB Ezekiel Elliot

If this happened 49ers would be happy yet conflicted they can take either QB but which one? Or none since they kept CK with no trade to Denver. As much as Chip Kelly would like to start his year with the QB he picks, I think he could be tempted to go else where. 

#7.) 49ers 3-4DE Buckner

The Eagles might want to start off with their own QB here as many HCs will want to do and having both available even trade offers come in, a T Stanley would be safe pick but not exciting.  Many think That Wentz could be the next Blake Bortles.

#8.) Eagles draft QB Carson Wentz

I can see Stanley here too to protect Winston or to give him a WR weapon but they need an edge rusher that they feel Lawson is too good to let slip past them.

#9.) Bucs DE/OLB Shaq Lawson

Sure they have Odell Beckham but he certainly was frustrated against the Jaguars of all Defenses bringing in Treadwell gives Odell less attention.

#10.) Giants  WR Laquon Treadwell

Where need meets their Best Available Player board.  I could see Eli Apple going here too though.

#11.) Chicago LT Ronnie Stanley

The team needs an elite corner and Eli I think might go before #12 but if not they will be happy to take the fastest corner in this draft (fastest with 1st round talent that is)

#12.) Saints draft CB Eli Apple

The team got torched by Blake last season causing them to fire the HC a week or two later, but with recent signing and this draft that all changes.

#13.) Dolphins draft CB Mackensie Alexander

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why is it that people can't seem to do it right.  So if we haven't even started. This doesn't say much for our season. High hopes will come crashing down yet again.