Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Racial Polarization?

I've found it to be much more hostile since Obama for us Caucasian Columbian Canadians. I think the ccc needs to organize a formal March, we're such a minority it might be a one man March.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In what way has your mind changed, and why?

Jagibelieve said a lot of what I was thinking as a reply to your question. Anonymous did too. My Kindle battery is dying so that will have to answer your question for now. If I can remember I will post my own thoughts tomorrow.

Quote:I was reading an article in the Weekly Standard about how polarized the country is right now, and one thing they cited was racial polariization, which they said has increased lately.   The evidence they cited was a poll where they asked people if the country has become more racially polarized.  People said yes, the country is more racially polarized than it has been recently.   But is that really evidence of increasing racial polarization?   Or are people just reading articles about how racial polarization is increasing and the cited in those articles is> polls that say it is?  It's a circular logic. 

"Is the country becoming more racially polarized?"

"Yes."

"What makes you think that?"

"I read an article that says it is." 

"Have your own attitudes towards other races changed lately?"   <That's the real question.  Not just, "Do you think other people's attitudes have changed?"  Have YOUR attitudes changed.

Mine haven't.   Have yours?   Why?  What would cause you to change your attitude towards people of other races?  

Obama says Trayvon Martin could be his own son.   Does that statement actually change your attitude towards black people as a whole?  Not unless you are just looking for some reason to hate black people, in which case, you are already a racist. 

I would bet that very few people have actually changed their attitude towards other races.  They read articles about how racial polarization has increased, and they believe it.  But I bet it's really not true.  

=========================================================================

Now, all of you who respond to this post, if you could, tell me, have your attitudes towards other races changed lately, and if so, how and why.  

I'd bet that most of you would say, racial polarization is increasing, and at the same time, most of you would say, your own attitude hasn't changed. 

This is a great point about how people are constantly being told that there is a divide.

I don't think it's my place to speak for minorities on whether or not they are oppressed.  They can answer that question themselves.

However, it's my belief that the elites in this country want a race war.  They want a crisis, and that's why you see people like Soros funding organizations to go out and protest/riot.  They want chaos so the federal government can implement a police state.

Quote:This is a great point about how people are constantly being told that there is a divide.

I don't think it's my place to speak for minorities on whether or not they are oppressed.  They can answer that question themselves.

However, it's my belief that the elites in this country want a race war.  They want a crisis, and that's why you see people like Soros funding organizations to go out and protest/riot.  They want chaos so the federal government can implement a police state.

Divide and conquer.   It works for politicians, and it works for the media.  It's great for fundraising.  People need to be sorted, aggregated, put into groups so they can be more easily persuaded, manipulated, controlled.