Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Reason Ayers didnt sign with Jag..

Quote:To be fair, it is st paddy's day. That being said, BCC sucks.
Ireland isn't part of Britain. Seperate country with a separate government/currency etc. They even use kph on the roads!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Based on information recently presented to me...

Sorry, but this doesn't quite cut it for me. I need legit sources before falling for crap like this.

I would believe it more if he at least said something like, "the janitor at the stadium is a friend of mine, and he overheard Caldwell talking to Ayers..."

'02

Quote:HA
I corrected that for u... Lol ... They might change it again tho.. Sad mods gotta change people spelling to make themselves look Bright.. Smh

Quote:Was Alfie banned or did he just stop coming to a place where almost everyone hates him?

I haven't seen him or TMD around these parts in forever...

Is it possible at all they are the same guy? lol

Unless something changed, Alfie just doesn't post here much anymore.

Quote:Ireland isn't part of Britain. Seperate country with a separate government/currency etc. They even use kph on the roads!

Yea but what about Northern Ireland? There's leprechauns there too I bet.

Quote:Ireland isn't part of Britain. Seperate country with a separate government/currency etc. They even use kph on the roads!

I think he just meant that his St Patty's Day happy hour started a little early  :thumbsup:

Best quote of the day when I asked my British (London) coworker if he recognized St Patty's Day back in England.  He stated "If you're English like me, we didn't give a [BLEEP] about it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nte-fowler

If Fowler Jr comes back 100% and ready he's still essentially a rookie (2nd year), and will have a lot to learn.

Marks didn't start the season last year after his injury as many had hoped, and when he did come back sadly he had another separate injury.  If he is 100% to start the season is it truly a 100% or is an injury simply a matter of time.

Having Jackson brings in that insurance incase Marks isnt healthy, 

I agree with you, especially the questionable character of Fowler Jr.  I think  GM Dave Caldwell plans on drafting Joey Bosa for the LEO role.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2016, 07:50 AM by SpeedyG.)

So....who wants to eat some crow (pun intended)

*Robert Ayers wasn’t primarily a money issue. Ayers, who had 9.5 sacks for the New York Giants last season, signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after visiting Jacksonville early in free agency. Caldwell said he didn’t believe Ayers’ decision was based on contract size. “It was more how he is going to fit into our scheme and where he was going to play,” Caldwell said.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...baf06df858

Quote:So....who wants to eat some crow (pun intended)

*Robert Ayers wasn’t primarily a money issue. Ayers, who had 9.5 sacks for the New York Giants last season, signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after visiting Jacksonville early in free agency. Caldwell said he didn’t believe Ayers’ decision was based on contract size. “It was more how he is going to fit into our scheme and where he was going to play,” Caldwell said.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...baf06df858
While this doesn't explicitly say they were expecting Ayers to play inside it does raise some questions. It could mean they were expecting him to play in the lightning package on the outside some and inside some, or to even take some snaps at Otto. Still, it does make me curious. In Tampa it sounds like they expect him to be a full-time player, whereas in Jacksonville it is possible he would be more of a rotational guy. But if I were 30 years old and the money were the same, not sure why it wouldn't be preferable to be more of a rotational guy if that meant less wear and tear and more longevity. Oh well, I am not too concerned, we made him a good offer, and we made Vernon a good offer. While it didn't work out for either, not sure what folks want us to have done instead of what we did do.

<p class="bbc_left">Education is the cheap defense of nations. - Edmund Burke

<p class="bbc_left"> 

<p class="bbc_left">Or is it from Burke? I tried finding the source, and looked through some of his writings, no luck. Anybody with google-fu got a citation of the source?

Quote:Unless something changed, Alfie just doesn't post here much anymore.

His fingers are too chunky

Quote:Was Alfie banned or did he just stop coming to a place where almost everyone hates him?

I haven't seen him or TMD around these parts in forever...

Is it possible at all they are the same guy? lol

I don't hate Alfie but I can almost assure you he stopped coming here because he didn't like being challenged. BCC's comment section is filled to the brim with people who play the role of his internet acolytes.

This is a place where the idea of trading our first rounder for Chandler Jones or Ezekiel Ansah wasn't completely torn to shreds and lit on fire like it should've been if it were posted here.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I wonder why the Jaguars haven't signed Greg Hardy as a LEO in case Fowler Jr struggles as a rookie?

Quote:I wonder why the Jaguars haven't signed Greg Hardy as a LEO in case Fowler Jr struggles as a rookie?
maybe cause he be beatin women instead of tackles?