Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kelvin Beachum Signs

Quote:According to Espn, there is a $10 million roster bonus due to Beachum next offseason.   So we either restructure in a year, sign him to a new contract, or it's one and done.   It basically makes it a one year prove-it type of deal, unless he turns out to be so great we are willing to pay him that roster bonus. 

In order to be "so great," all he really has to do is win the starting job from Joekel by season's end. He has 10 million reasons to do this much.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2016, 08:58 PM by knarnn.)

He's a nasty player in the trenches. Something that Joeckel isn't and has been missing for a while now:

http://twitter.com/BigDuke50/status/6469...68/video/1
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

From what I understand Big Ben told the Steelers to draft Beachum cause he really liked what he saw from him... so if Ben likes him after the crap o-lines he's dealt with he must be good.

Quote:From what I understand Big Ben told the Steelers to draft Beachum cause he really liked what he saw from him... so if Ben likes him after the crap o-lines he's dealt with he must be good.

I don't know if Dave considered this, but Beachum blocking for Big Ben is going to be similar to blocking for Bortles. Playmaking/scrambling like style. Just a thought.
Shock the world

Quote:I don't know if Dave considered this, but Beachum blocking for Big Ben is going to be similar to blocking for Bortles. Playmaking/scrambling like style. Just a thought.

I had the same exact thought driving home from work today. I opted not to post it becasue...well, I was driving.

Good thinking.

Quote:I had the same exact thought driving home from work today. I opted not to post it becasue...well, I was driving.

Good thinking.

Better thinking on your part not to post and drive Smile
Shock the world

Quote:Nothing like replacing your #2 overall pick with a 7th rounder lol

Texted my buddy who is a Steelers fan and he loves him. Said he's a little small but is really good.

That's better than being ideal size and not really good

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2016, 08:05 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:From what I understand Big Ben told the Steelers to draft Beachum cause he really liked what he saw from him... so if Ben likes him after the crap o-lines he's dealt with he must be good.

While I like the promise of a healthy Beachum and expect him to win the job at some point...

We should know that having crap at a position tends to lower your standards on a subconscious level because you're so used to disappointment.

"Heads and shoulders" above Tyrion Lannister doesn't necessarily make you anywhere near The Mountain.

So, I wouldn't assume he's good based on that statement alone.  I base that on his performance prior to injury, and hope he gets back to 100% of what he was.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:While I like the promise of a healthy Beachum and expect him to win the job at some point...

We should know that having crap at a position tends to lower your standards on a subconscious level because you're so used to disappointment.

"Heads and shoulders" above Tyrion Lannister doesn't necessarily make you anywhere near The Mountain.

So, I wouldn't assume he's good based on that statement alone.  I base that on his performance prior to injury, and hope he gets back to 100% of what he was.

I kind of expect Beachum to be a work in progress early this season as he finalizes his rehab and gets back to playing form, but I do expect him to be starting by mid-season, and to then next year he should be right back on track at the top of his game.

'02

Quote:That's better than being ideal size and not really good

See: Luke Joeckel