Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hats off to Marcedes Lewis

Nice Post OP. I've always gotten the feeling, from hearing 'Cedes in interviews, that he has ultimate faith and hope that this team has what it takes to do it big.

He probably does have that type of belief in the team and wants to be here when it happens.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time to get ML89 that ring

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...cksonville

This provides additional context of the mindset that ML could have taken, but didn't.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I can't stand how people get mad at him because he is not Gronk or Jimmy. He is an all around TE who actually blocks on mostn plays. Those guys are just large WRs. I am glad he re-signed.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Create the "Lair of the Jaguars" and retire his #89 in it for the number of years he played here (11-13, whatever it will be). After the 13 years, invite him back for a pre-game un-retiring ceremony where he hands the number to the new kid to wear.

Do the same for Meester, Mathis, and even Jones-Drew unless he goes into the Pride.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 03:03 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...cksonville

This provides additional context of the mindset that ML could have taken, but didn't.

It's a win/win for both Marcedes and the Jaguars. They can afford him, and he's all in.

Vernon wouldn't feel comfortable in Jacksonville, eh? I bet that extra $17 million in guaranteed money the Giants threw at him had nothing to do with it.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It's a win/win for both Marcedes and the Jaguars. They can afford him, and he's all in.

Vernon wouldn't feel comfortable in Jacksonville, eh? I bet that extra $17 million in guaranteed money the Giants threw at him had nothing to do with it.

Exactly.  He's a Miami boy.  He could hop home to south Florida in an hour by flight if he wanted to.  This was about the up front money.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I was told yesterday that California has a 13.5 state tax. If that is true why would anyone want to play there. Plus the cost of living

Quote:Spin it however you want.   I'm glad we kept him, because we need a blocking TE on the team.   He fills a role.   He's not making huge money.  
I'm not 'spinning it' at all; this is just a common sense observation. A professionals first priority is their pay and job longevity. 'Loyalty' is a nice sentiment, but has little to do with the reality of the professional sports world. You are right though about our needing a blocking TE; given our ongoing penchant for not building a better offensive line we certainly do need a blocking TE. To bad we seem to have one or the other.

He does fill a role... homey the clown fills a role too, so what's your point? As for 'he's not making huge money'. That's a matter of opinion; I bet he makes more money than you or I do and we would've been fired long ago if we committed the gaff's he has in the workplace. He has been getting too much money for what he give us in return. He was supposed to be an offensive weapon... not just a light weight tackle. So in that regard, yes, he was making huge money for the return we got on it.

I can't stand when posters get upset over someone getting paid. Like he is taking their money.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Quote:I can't stand when posters get upset over someone getting paid. Like he is taking their money.
Its not about if its they money, its about if he was worth it? Did he deserve another contract? In my opinion no.. He added little value to the team and i believe a rookie could have added the same amount of production... But congrats to Marcedes..

Quote:I can't stand when posters get upset over someone getting paid. Like he is taking their money.
Really? HAHAHAHAHA!

...too bad.

Quote:Its not about if its they money, its about if he was worth it? Did he deserve another contract? In my opinion no.. He added little value to the team and i believe a rookie could have added the same amount of production... But congrats to Marcedes..

I doubt it. Even some of your high draft choice tight ends take a while to adjust. It's not like he's being signed to be the #1 tight end.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's not often guys take less to play in Jacksonville, so I highly respect it. He fills a need and at a reasonable cost. Sure he blocks, but another key component of his role is the ability to line Julius up in the slot while still keeping an in-line blocker. Gives us a veteran on that young offense, and means we can focus on defense and oline in the draft. Solid.