Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We got a new punter!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 12:41 AM by ZNation484.)

Quote:Looks like Nortman was golden in 2013, but hasn't matched match those hang times or punt distance in air since. Last year he was also not statistically different from Anger. So basically, we get another version of Anger who could return to form of near best in the league.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/12/pro-top-10-free-agent-kickers-and-punters/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/12/pro-top-10-free-agent-kickers-and-punters/</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/07/11/punters-in-perspective-open-field-punting/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/07/11/punters-in-perspective-open-field-punting/</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/film-study-nfl/special-teams-film-study-nfl/2016/01/08/the-best-distance-control-punters-of-2015/'>http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/film-study-nfl/special-teams-film-study-nfl/2016/01/08/the-best-distance-control-punters-of-2015/</a>

This seems pretty accurate.

He was solid a few years ago but the last two seasons have been bad. So bad that we brought in three punters for workouts midseason this past year.

Nortman certainly is ok - but he's also not going to be missed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Still hope the Jags draft a punter late
They might. In 2019.

Caldwell was saying that Bryan's agent wasn't returning his call, so he moved onto the next best guy at the spot.

It does sound like he might be better at the few areas where Anger struggles a tad, and he's precisely one year younger.

SUPERBOWL!!!

'02

Quote:.

This seems pretty accurate.

He was solid a few years ago but the last two seasons have been bad. So bad that we brought in three punters for workouts midseason this past year.

Nortman certainly is ok - but he's also not going to be missed.

Hmm...

Where you say he was bad, what are we talking about? Shanking punts?

'02

Quote:Caldwell was saying that Bryan's agent wasn't returning his call, so he moved onto the next best guy at the spot.
Are you serious? Anger's agent wasn't returning the Jags' phone call?

Man, that knowledge is gonna suck for Anger when he signs a low-dollar deal in two weeks. Assuming, of course, Anger didn't say, "I'd rather go unemployed than have to deal with that [BLEEP] who kept yelling, 'NICE PUNT, RUSSELL WILSON!', again."

Quote:Are you serious? Anger's agent wasn't returning the Jags' phone call?

Man, that knowledge is gonna suck for Anger when he signs a low-dollar deal in two weeks. Assuming, of course, Anger didn't say, "I'd rather go unemployed than have to deal with that [BAD WORD REMOVED] who kept yelling, 'NICE PUNT, RUSSELL WILSON!', again."

Yeah, financially speaking Bryan's best option was to re-sign. He must have wanted out of Duval something bad.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"I just can't stand all these bugs anymore."

'02

Quote:Yeah, financially speaking Bryan's best option was to re-sign. He must have wanted out of Duval something bad.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"I just can't stand all these bugs anymore."
Um, 02, my dirty word was unfiltered by your quote.

Quote:Hmm...

Where you say he was bad, what are we talking about? Shanking punts?

No, he'll be fine, man. I mean...he's a punter. 

Quote:No, he'll be fine, man. I mean...he's a punter.
I really don't care for his celebrations after punting, but ....

J/K Smile

Quote:I really don't care for his celebrations after punting, but ....

J/K Smile

Can't wait to see your whole team start dabbing now

Quote:Can't wait to see your whole team start dabbing now
LOL.

It's basically inevitable now. I better just learn to love it.

Quote:You realize how many things factor into that beyond how good the punter is?

Enough to know Anger was nothing special, and that sentiment has absolutely nothing to do with his draft status (as some might hold against him.)

We got a slight upgrade by any objective view.  Without paying a lot or spending a draft pick.

About what you'd want in a punter.

Looking back, Anger seems like a guy who just blasted the ball in college.  When he got to the NFL, he wasn't prepared.  Probably had a lot to do with being asked to place the ball and adjusting to having less time too swing.  Longest drive competition vs playing for dough.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."