Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Bosa is taken. You're stuck at 5 and you want d-line. You take...
Emmanuel Ogbah
DeForest Buckner
Noah Spence
Robert Nkemdiche
Shilique Calhoun
A'Shawn Robinson
[Show Results]

Which D-lineman, rev 2

Quote:That's very true. I think we'll need to see how FA plays out first. Right now I'm leaning Spence, subject to change.

I still just have reservations taking a safety that high. The last top 5 safety was Sean Taylor. Is Ramsey really on that level? Serious question, I never really got to see Taylor play.
Eric Berry is the last safety drafted in the top 5. Dont think he is as good as Berry and def. not as good as taylor

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This team has been smoked (no pun intended) so many times by dope-head first round picks I just don't see how Dave and Gus can risk their remaining tenure with the team on Spence.

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:This team has been smoked (no pun intended) so many times by dope-head first round picks I just don't see how Dave and Gus can risk their remaining tenure with the team on Spence.

Kinda agree unfortunately.

Quote:Eric Berry is the last safety drafted in the top 5. Dont think he is as good as Berry and def. not as good as taylor

My mistake. But still that's my point. Can Dave justify taking him and placing him in that company? If he believes he's worth it then by all means I'll be cool with it. Just don't think personally I'd make that move over Spence
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 04:48 PM by ATLjag.)

Quote:This team has been smoked (no pun intended) so many times by dope-head first round picks I just don't see how Dave and Gus can risk their remaining tenure with the team on Spence.
I agree with your statement.  However, a key part of your sentence was "their remaining tenure".  

I could see, whether I agree with it or not is another topic, how Gus and Dave are thinking they need an impact player for the pass rush now, largely due to being under a 'winning 2016 season edict' from Khan to keep their jobs.  I could see them convincing themselves that they will put him on a short leash (test procedure that he has stated he will agree to in reports) and maybe even have him live with a solid mentor for friendship and guidance outside the gridiron lines.  If they believe he has special pass rush skills, I believe a coach (and possibly GM) can convince themselves of just about anything.

For every Justin Blackmon-rapping mini devil that pops up on DC's shoulder, I am certain a mini angel pops up on the other shoulder rapping Randy Moss.  Which one will Dave listen to?       

I'm hoping for Ogbah or Calhoun in the second. 

I'm not in love with any of these guys at #5  - and most won't make it out of the first. 

The DT (Robinson) is somewhat intriguing at 5,  I guess. He's a top ten pick on a lot of boards.   Could give Miller's swelling knee some relief and get in at three tech on heavy packages. 

Just take Myles Jack. Stud.
Shock the world

Kevin Dodd
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Kevin Dodd
where?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:where?
Who?

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 01:23 PM by Kane.)

I really want to vote for Spence... I'm just not sure we go with character concern guy in the top 5.

Maybe if we trade back...Nkemdiche as well...

I voted A'Shawn.

Marks and Miller need future replacements, now. As good as they are, there are some injury concerns and age. 

I'm not sure all they Buckner hype myself.

I watched every Bama game. (Florida fan) I saw a lot of their D-line guys. I like Robinson at 5.

You rebuild your lines from inside out. 

We have Fowler but should address pass rush with at least one FA.

That all being said... I think the Jags are going back 7 with the first pick.

Out of that list its Robinson or knemdiche
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote: 

That all being said... I think the Jags are going back 7 with the first pick.
Trade with the saints? 

Quote:Trade with the saints? 
I meant Linebacker/DB

but maybe you knew that you sly fellow