Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars 2016 Linebacking Corps

I'm not going to throw out any names but by position in the 2016 NFL draft, my defensive desires are FS, MLB and Pass Rushing DE. Not necessarily in this order but we won't find an ready to start FS in rounds three and beyond unless he's an sleeper to the entire NFL. I'd also prefer to draft them in the first three rounds...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It doesn't appear that either is happening. Wash is a master of their current scheme so it's not going away, although he might bring some tweaks to it. And I haven't heard a peep about the defensive position coaches changing.

Agreed...

NH3...
"AZANE"

More on Wash:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...re-combine

No, doesn't sound like they are changing scheme at all, but may look at getting more/different contributions from current and hopefully new players.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">2. The company line from the Jaguars is linebacker Dan Skuta should expect to play more, specifically as a third-down pass rusher. “I hope so,” Caldwell said. “We’ve talked about getting him on the field more. I thought he played really well in the role we had him in last year. Now we’ll try and expand that role.”

And an interesting blurb about the cap:

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">3. Caldwell disputed the statement by the NFLPA during Super Bowl Week that the Jaguars were under the spending floor. “We haven’t [reached it], but we’re close,” he said. “We don’t have to spend to the cap to get there. I find it odd that they don’t have the right figures. Trust me, we’ll have no issue getting to where we need to be.”

Lucy got some 'splainin' to do.  Everyone else and their brother seems to think we've got this big need to spend, and spend big.  Maybe there's a key re-signing or two about to happen?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Need to improve the speed and athleticism of the group. Telvin is the only player on the unit that is above average in those areas. Would like to have one drafted every year.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Quote:Need to improve the speed and athleticism of the group. Telvin is the only player on the unit that is above average in those areas. Would like to have one drafted every year.

Bruce Irvin, should Caldwell land him, would definitely improve the speed and athleticism at LB.

'02

If we don't draft Jack, a LB corps of Irvin-Trevethan-Telvin would be awesome
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

As much as I want there to he there have been no rumblings with Trevathan and the Jags

Quote:More on Wash:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...re-combine

And an interesting blurb about the cap:

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">3. Caldwell disputed the statement by the NFLPA during Super Bowl Week that the Jaguars were under the spending floor. “We haven’t [reached it], but we’re close,” he said. “We don’t have to spend to the cap to get there. I find it odd that they don’t have the right figures. Trust me, we’ll have no issue getting to where we need to be.”

Lucy got some 'splainin' to do.  Everyone else and their brother seems to think we've got this big need to spend, and spend big.  Maybe there's a key re-signing or two about to happen?

I can see the NFLPA putting a bug in some reporter / twitterer's ear about this to try and drum up the old, tired story about how Football Management are a bunch of tightfisted moneygrubbers. No news is no news.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I like the lb from miami. I think his name is armstead or something

Don't be surprised if Bruce Irvin walks through the door.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend