Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why dosen't 1+1 equal 2?

Quote:Did you read what I said? You quoted it....

The scheme didn't seem to be an issue when Clemons got 8 sacks, and Marks got 8 sacks, and we were top 5 in sacks.

So... when the injuries happened and the play of people like Clemons and Branch were nil, the scheme is suddenly bad?

So our average players would be better players in a Tampa 2 Cover scheme?

Or maybe we have really good players for a 3-3-5 and the coaches are just too stupid to run the right scheme.

Dang... they really should hire you.
So what was our defense ranked when Clemons and Marks got those sacks? Were they even average or were they bottom of the league?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did you read what I said? You quoted it....

The scheme didn't seem to be an issue when Clemons got 8 sacks, and Marks got 8 sacks, and we were top 5 in sacks.

So... when the injuries happened and the play of people like Clemons and Branch were nil, the scheme is suddenly bad?

So our average players would be better players in a Tampa 2 Cover scheme?

Or maybe we have really good players for a 3-3-5 and the coaches are just too stupid to run the right scheme.

Dang... they really should hire you.

You're on to it. Bradley doesn't know what else to do, by his own admission.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So what was our defense ranked when Clemons and Marks got those sacks? Were they even average or were they bottom of the league?

They sucked then too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So what was our defense ranked when Clemons and Marks got those sacks? Were they even average or were they bottom of the league?

They allowed 25.8 points per game.  Which would have made the Jags a 7 win team in 2015.   

It's a measurable difference, but still not quite enough. 

Yeah... they weren't great. Never said they were. But people weren't complaining about the scheme then is my point.

Were were getting pressure though. And the biggest problem was a lack of coverage. We went and got Sergio, Sample, House.... we also addressed pass rush and Dline knowing we weren't good enough.

It isn't the scheme, it's the players. We're almost there.

However,,,, to ya'lls point. Mario Williams is an excellent player, who was played out of position this past year and stats dropped. But that isn't what is going on here. We don't have 4-3 DEs that should be OLBs or vice versa...

Many of these guys were drafted because they fit THIS scheme. FA's are brought in to fit the scheme.

The scheme isn't the problem.

Cover 1 Cover 3... you gotta have the players.

Seattle was successful with this scheme. Denver won with a traditional 3-4 man-press. Patriots win with a hybrid D.

Scheme matters less than anything, imo.

Players

Coaches

Scheme

Quote:It isn't the scheme, it's the players. We're almost there.

SIgned,

The Jaguars, 2004

The Jaguars, 2005

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2006

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2007

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2008

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2009

The Jaguars, 2010

The Jaguars, 2011

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2012

<div>The Jaguars, 2013

<div>The Jaguars, 2014

<div>The Jaguars, 2015

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> 

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Quote: 

SIgned,

The Jaguars, 2004

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2005

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2006

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2007

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2008

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2009

The Jaguars, 2010

The Jaguars, 2011

<div> 
The Jaguars, 2012

<div>The Jaguars, 2013

<div>The Jaguars, 2014

<div>The Jaguars, 2015

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> 

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
04 and 07 when we went to the playoffs?

Hmm... ok.

Quote:04 and 07 when we went to the playoffs?

Hmm... ok.

Yep, 'cause we were surely going to the Superb Owl in 2008. We just needed a pass rush and darn it, we'd be there!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2016, 04:40 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Yep, 'cause we were surely going to the Superb Owl in 2008. We just needed a pass rush and darn it, we'd be there!

Well that...and we needed Garrard not to come to camp looking to be in the same condition as The Michelen Man.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Yep, 'cause we were surely going to the Superb Owl in 2008. We just needed a pass rush and darn it, we'd be there!

As my failing memory recalls, the main (not only) issue with that 2008 team was the injury bug running amok along the offensive line...or am I just completely insane?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:As my failing memory recalls, the main (not only) issue with that 2008 team was the injury bug running amok along the offensive line...or am I just completely insane?

Could be both bruh

Quote:As my failing memory recalls, the main (not only) issue with that 2008 team was the injury bug running amok along the offensive line...or am I just completely insane?

[Image: 4372561.jpg]