Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So we found a new kicker...Blair Walsh (MERGED)

Once Walsh gets axed for that miss Hahaha

Incredible.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bless his heart, he's got to be the sickest man in America.

I'm wondering what the Paul Allen radio call will be like.

That holder though......
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

24-of-38 is already on the phone, trying to encourage Walsh that no matter what happens, there will always be a worse kicker out there.

At least, until 24-of-38 is cut in camp. Then there might not be one.

Great Verne Lundquist reference.

Quote:Bless his heart, he's got to be the sickest man in America.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I'm kinda hoping the Vikings knee-jerk and cut him. I'd take him in Jax.

Quote:Bless his heart, he's got to be the sickest man in America.

I can't even imagine what Paul Allen's radio program on KFAN will be like tomorrow.  

Quote:I'm kinda hoping the Vikings knee-jerk and cut him. I'd take him in Jax.

I'll be shocked if the Vikings cut Blair Walsh.  But if they did,  he certainly wouldn't be out of work for long.   

Quote:  I'll be shocked if the Vikings cut Blair Walsh.  But if they did,  he certainly wouldn't be out of work for long.   
D6,

I believe that the Vikings lost today due to the Vikings being a young team that is inexperienced in the playoffs. The Walsh kick was more psychological than physical; all the pressure in the world was on him to make the game-winning kick and knock the two time defending NFC champions out of the playoffs. I don't know about you, but I probably would have cracked under the pressure if I was in his situation today. Nevertheless, the Vikings had plenty of opportunities to score points today and did not capitalize on the opportunities that their defense kept giving them. This is definitely not Walsh's fault.

I actually am glad that the Jaguars did not win the AFC South this year. Some of these defenses that are in the playoffs this year are downright scary-it would have been a quick playoff exit for our young team, and it simply is not worth it to risk injury to our star players like Blake Bortles and The Allen's. Look at what the Texans are facing now having J.J. Watt hurt, and having a tough schedule next year against team's like Cincy, New England, Denver, and the entire NFC North. With all the capspace that we have for free agency, and a top 5 pick in the draft, this division (and maybe even the entire AFC) is our's for the taking.

It's ironic that a team that finishes 3rd place in one of the weakest divisions right now, will have more to win in the long term rather than the short term. I am expecting both the Vikings and Jaguars to make deep playoff push's next year.

Paul Allen radio call is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vODGkekLt5w

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2016, 09:59 PM by D6.)

Quote:D6,

I believe that the Vikings lost today due to the Vikings being a young team that is inexperienced in the playoffs. The Walsh kick was more psychological than physical; all the pressure in the world was on him to make the game-winning kick and knock the two time defending NFC champions out of the playoffs. I don't know about you, but I probably would have cracked under the pressure if I was in his situation today. Nevertheless, the Vikings had plenty of opportunities to score points today and did not capitalize on the opportunities that their defense kept giving them. This is definitely not Walsh's fault.

I actually am glad that the Jaguars did not win the AFC South this year. Some of these defenses that are in the playoffs this year are downright scary-it would have been a quick playoff exit for our young team, and it simply is not worth it to risk injury to our star players like Blake Bortles and The Allen's. Look at what the Texans are facing now having J.J. Watt hurt, and having a tough schedule next year against team's like Cincy, New England, Denver, and the entire NFC North. With all the capspace that we have for free agency, and a top 5 pick in the draft, this division (and maybe even the entire AFC) is our's for the taking.

It's ironic that a team that finishes 3rd place in one of the weakest divisions right now, will have more to win in the long term rather than the short term. I am expecting both the Vikings and Jaguars to make deep playoff push's next year.

DiamondJag,  you raise a good point about the Vikings being a young team.   Some of Vikings players were with them when they made the 2012 season playoffs and Adrian Peterson and Chad Greenway were even with them when they won the 2008 and 2009 NFC North Titles.   Yet,  so much of their roster has turned over in the last 3 seasons.   On Defense,  massive changes have been made the last two seasons,  since Mike Zimmer became their HC.   They went from arguably the worst Defensive team in the NFL in 2013 to one of the best in 2015.   But today was the first time most of the Vikings players were in a playoff game.   On the other side of the field,  most of the Seahawks roster has substantial playoff experience.   This could have easily been a reason why the Vikings missed some opportunities on both sides of the ball today.    Ironically though,  Adrian Peterson's fumbling problem continues,  despite his experience. 

Blair Walsh had a record setting rookie season in 2012 and was a huge reason the Vikings made the playoffs as a Wildcard that season.   Since then though,  Walsh has not been as consistent on FGs.   However,  because of Walsh's very strong leg,  including being a differential weapon on Kickoffs,  I can't even imagine the Vikings getting rid of him in the coming months.   Walsh could easily be a lethal force in the Vikings new dome stadium,  both on long FGs and on Kickoffs.  

As important as playoff experience can be,  I certainly understand and appreciate your line of thinking about the pitfalls of the Jaguars being in the playoffs this season,  if that would have become a reality.    That much more after watching the Chiefs Defense yesterday.    The 5th pick in the 2016 Draft cold prove huge as the team tries to take the next step or two. 

At the very least,  I think the Vikings and Jaguars are ascending teams.   I think both teams have long term solutions in place at QB,  which is something a sizable amount of NFL teams don't have.  Including,  the Texans.  

Quote:Paul Allen radio call is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vODGkekLt5w

Great stuff! 

Laces out Dan
A good loser is a good loser

The amount of points Blair Walsh scored, 9

The amount of points the rest of the team scored, 0

This loss was not on him, but it was still pretty bad.

s
;

;

Quote:Laces out Dan

This.

Can't put all the blame on the kicker.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Laces out Dan

Laces were in all game for him. No excuse, he choked.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:The amount of points Blair Walsh scored, 9

The amount of points the rest of the team scored, 0

This loss was not on him, but it was still pretty bad.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

Wish I could say "even jason myers makes that kick to win the game most of the time."

I can't though. He missed a 26 yarder this year, dammit!