Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adam Gase to Miami

Just broke on NFL. Let's see what he can do with Tannehill. I think he's a good offensive mind, wanted him as OC here last year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That was fast. He had some more interviewed scheduled with several other teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...aching-job

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2016, 01:07 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Stephen Ross always picks the most talked about free agent coach or player and throws gobs of money at them until they are literally forced to take yes for an answer.

Gotta be one of the worst owners, up there with the Jimmy Haslams and Jim Irsays of the NFL.

Quote:Stephen Ross always picks the most talked about free agent coach or player and throws gobs of money at them until they are literally forced to take yes for an answer.

Gotta be one of the worst owners, up there with the Jimmy Haslams and Jim Irsays of the NFL.

Adam Gase could be a good hire. Time will tell.

I'm not sure he has what it takes to be a HC but then again if he gets the right people around him and he already has several nice key players in place, he could be in a good spot.

I do agree that Ross is a bad owner however, he does love to just toss money at whatever and hope it sticks.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2016, 01:26 PM by Treestone Ice.)

It's not about Adam Gase. It's about Stephen Ross thinking he can win a superbowl by throwing money at whoever ESPN talks about the most. I feel bad for Phish fans. He's a modern day version of how Dan Snyder used to be, but with a bigger propensity to write fat checks for name - based hires.

Wait til the contract details come out. If Ross didn't back the Brinks truck up to bag Gase before he could interview for anyone else, I'll eat my shorts. At least Khan and Caldwell told Bradley to finish his interview with the Eagles so they could be sure he actually chose Jacksonville and wanted to coach the Jags.

Quote:Adam Gase could be a good hire. Time will tell.

Very insightful here.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:I'm not sure he has what it takes to be a HC but then again if he gets the right people around him and he already has several nice key players in place, he could be in a good spot.

I do agree that Ross is a bad owner however, he does love to just toss money at whatever and hope it sticks.

Im sure he wont do any worse than Gus.

Quote:I'm sure he won't do any worse than Gus.

He is a rookie HC. I would not judge him after only one season if the Dolphins suck again.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2016, 04:01 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Wait til the contract details come out. If Ross didn't back the Brinks truck up to bag Gase before he could interview for anyone else, I'll eat my shorts. At least Khan and Caldwell told Bradley to finish his interview with the Eagles so they could be sure he actually chose Jacksonville and wanted to coach the Jags.

I think you're mistaken.  I believe it was Caldwell that was told that by Khan, not Gus Bradley.

Caldwell was being interviewed by the Jets if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:I think you're mistaken. I believe it was Caldwell that was told that by Khan, not Gus Bradley.

Caldwell was being interviewed by the Jets if I'm not mistaken.

That is correct.

I think Adam Gase has the makings of a very good HC in the right circumstance.  But like some others have mentioned,  the Dolphins organization has major issues at the top.

As much as I like Gase as a coach,  considering that Stephen Ross gave Ndamukong Suh a record setting contract for a Defensive Player and that Suh has another couple of seasons of guaranteed money coming to him,  IMO it would have made the most sense if the Dolphins offered the HC job to Teryl Austin.  Suh had his most complete season under Austin in 2014.

Dolphins fans are 50/50 on Gase. Some fans like that he's a QB whisperer and could help Tannehill while others are underwhelmed and wanted a proven coach.

Quote:I think Adam Gase has the makings of a very good HC in the right circumstance. But like some others have mentioned,  the Dolphins organization has major issues at the top.

As much as I like Gase as a coach, considering that Stephen Ross gave Ndamukong Suh a record setting contract for a Defensive Player and that Suh has another couple of seasons of guaranteed money coming to him,  IMO it would have made the most sense if the Dolphins offered the HC job to Teryl Austin. Suh had his most complete season under Austin in 2014.

Suh was one member of the Lions defense. Football is the ultimate team sport. The Dolphins were looking for an offensive guy who calls his own plays.

Quote:Suh was one member of the Lions defense. Football is the ultimate team sport. The Dolphins were looking for an offensive guy who calls his own plays.

The Dolphins aren't paying Ndamukong Suh as one member.   They better hope that Suh believes in the vision of whoever emerges as their Defensive Coordinator.  

I feel sorry for Gase.  Good young coach that is walking into a career killer of a mess.