Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Kansas City Chefs at Houston Texans Wild Card Thread***

Quote:And that's ballgame.

Incidentally, the Chiefs played that the same way we play it--at least it looked that way to me.  The difference: quality pass rush.

How dare you suggest that the lack of talent is what hampered this defense in 2015? It's blasphemy to not rip on the coaches and make a token ice cream joke, don't you know?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2016, 10:47 PM by Kotite.)

http://imgur.com/rcCc6lS

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:After watching this game, makes me even angrier that Gus is still our HC. We got dismantled by this team last week.

I sure hope you don't start a thread about it.

I'm sure they will be people out there who won't approve of it if you do, and they will let you know all about it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Shut out in the playoffs. Only the tinhorns could manage to do something like that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://imgur.com/rcCc6lS'>http://imgur.com/rcCc6lS</a>

Lol
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

So did San Fran ever find a replacement for Alex Smith...?

Quote:So did San Fran ever find a replacement for Alex Smith...?

Yeah his name is Kaeper...oh.

Quote:Yeah his name is Kaeper...oh.

Gabb.... hmmmmm
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

As someone who thought the Texans would win a close low scoring game or at the very least be in the thick of the game,  I never envisioned the Chiefs returning the opening Kickoff for a TD and Brian Hoyer playing like he didn't even belong in the NFL.   Other than DeAndre Hopkins,  who is one of the best WRs in the NFL,  this was not a good performance for most of the Texans other WRs and TE Ryan Griffith.    The Texans don't have a TE that seems remotely close to the receiver that Owen Daniels was for them.  

Having said all of this,  great job by the Chiefs today on all 3 units!

Quote:As someone who thought the Texans would win a close low scoring game or at the very least be in the thick of the game,  I never envisioned the Chiefs returning the opening Kickoff for a TD and Brian Hoyer playing like he didn't even belong in the NFL.   Other than DeAndre Hopkins,  who is one of the best WRs in the NFL,  this was not a good performance for most of the Texans other WRs and TE Ryan Griffith.    The Texans don't have a TE that seems remotely close to the receiver that Owen Daniels was for them.  

Having said all of this,  great job by the Chiefs today on all 3 units!

Hoyer and the tinhorns suffered from AFCS Syndrome. That is, they got to play against the weak AFCS where they proceeded to go 5-1, including a 3-0 stretch to end the season and propelling them to the division title and into the playoffs.

Then, once in the playoffs, they have to face a really good team (and not an AFCS weak opponent) and as you can see, even with home field advantage, they get absolutely destroyed and look like they didn't even belong in the playoffs, even though they won the AFCS division.

The tinhorns got out played and out coached in every aspect of their playoff game and even had to resort to some kind of wildcat type play with gg watt "happened out there today" taking a direct snap when they were on about the 3 yd line trying to get on the scoreboard.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Hoyer and the tinhorns suffered from AFCS Syndrome. That is, they got to play against the weak AFCS where they proceeded to go 5-1, including a 3-0 stretch to end the season and propelling them to the division title and into the playoffs.

Then, once in the playoffs, they have to face a really good team (and not an AFCS weak opponent) and as you can see, even with home field advantage, they get absolutely destroyed and look like they didn't even belong in the playoffs, even though they won the AFCS division.

The tinhorns got out played and out coached in every aspect of their playoff game and even had to resort to some kind of wildcat type play with gg watt "happened out there today" taking a direct snap when they were on about the 3 yd line trying to get on the scoreboard.

There's no question that I underrated the divisional factor.    I ended up putting too much weight in the Texans MNF road win against the Bengals and their win against the Jets.    With not enough weight on their performances against the Bills and Patriots.