Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jags had a Top 10 Defense.......

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015, 03:10 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:Because there will always be another Fowler in the draft. One that you won't have to sit out a year.

There are a lot better pass rushers this year than last. Take Cooper this year, and you would have another Fowler to take next year.

But we didn't. We got nothing this year out of the pick.

It was as if we traded/deferred the pick a year. You have to be very special to make up for what that cost us, to make it worth the wait.

Especially for a team that needs defensive help so badly.
Lol and there will be another Cooper in this draft.

Care to name some players that are Fowler coming out in this draft?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Honestly, you're right. Idk what I was smoking. I was even going so far as to say we could find someone just as productive as a udfa.
Crazy talk.

Quote:<span style="background-color:rgb(250,250,250);">If the Jags D held teams to the average score that the NFL's top 10 D have given up this year (19.2), the Jags would be 9-3.</span>

Give Bortles a defense already. Open up the checkbook Shad.....time to draft 6 defensive players and get another 5 defensive free agents.

If pigs could fly

Quote:Lol and there will be another Cooper in this draft.

Care to name some players that are another Fowler coming out in this draft?

Lawson Clemson though I am scared because he is from bust central

What FA on defense do you think the Jags will open up the check book to?

This guy gets destroyed every time they start a topic lol I don't even need to comment
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Because there will always be another Fowler in the draft. One that you won't have to sit out a year.

There are a lot better pass rushers this year than last. Take Cooper this year, and you would have another Fowler to take next year.

But we didn't. We got nothing this year out of the pick.

It was as if we traded/deferred the pick a year. You have to be very special to make up for what that cost us, to make it worth the wait.

You're smarter than this man.

Quote:Because there will always be another Fowler in the draft.  One that you won't have to sit out a year.

There are a lot better pass rushers this year than last.  Take Cooper this year, and you would have another Fowler to take next year.

But we didn't.  We got nothing this year out of the pick.

It was as if we traded/deferred the pick a year.  You have to be very special to make up for what that cost us, to make it worth the wait.

It was the correct decision to draft Fowler at that point in time. We needed a better pass rush instead of a receiver that would've had less catches, yards, and targets compared to Robinson/Hurns. Now we get him next year with a few more pass rushers (maybe Bosa/Irvin/Von Miller) and some key FA's for the secondary.

Quote:What FA on defense do you think the Jags will open up the check book to?
Von Miller, Josh Norman, Bruce Irvin, Danny Trevathan, Eric Berry, or Tashaun Gipson. 

Lots of Panther fans don't believe they have the money to keep Norman and the team won't franchise tag him due to other players that are more important in the future. I don't see how the Broncos keep Von Miller after all the money they've spent the last few years re-building that defense through free agency. Seattle might be able to keep Irvin, but he'd still be a nice addition and is familiar with our defense. I think the Broncos will let Trevathan walk since they have more depth at LB. At least one of those safeties will be available and we need to get one of them.

It'd be nice to get at least one of those players, and we'd be extremely lucky to get two.

Quote:Von Miller, Josh Norman, Bruce Irvin, Danny Trevathan, Eric Berry, or Tashaun Gipson.

Lots of Panther fans don't believe they have the money to keep Norman and the team won't franchise tag him due to other players that are more important in the future. I don't see how the Broncos keep Von Miller after all the money they've spent the last few years re-building that defense through free agency. Seattle might be able to keep Irvin, but he'd still be a nice addition and is familiar with our defense. I think the Broncos will let Trevathan walk since they have more depth at LB. At least one of those safeties will be available and we need to get one of them.

It'd be nice to get at least one of those players, and we'd be extremely lucky to get two.
Broncos will no doubt use the franchise tag on Miller.

That's pretty much a definite at this point.

Gipson is one I would love but I bet the team will say they "love" Sample and not pursue him.

Irvin makes sense though and I could see that happening.

Quote:Von Miller, Josh Norman, Bruce Irvin, Danny Trevathan, Eric Berry, or Tashaun Gipson.

I would love Norman, but he'll be expensive. If we can get Norman and Gipson our secondary would be 100 times better. Also Travathan would be a good pairing with Telvin. Both guys are fast.

Quote:You're smarter than this man.
I dont think he is

Quote:Lol and there will be another Cooper in this draft.

Care to name some players that are Fowler coming out in this draft?
there aren't any

Quote:I dont think he is

"Get Better Everyday"