Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tracking Yeldon vs. Bell's rookie season through 11 starts

Quote:He's no Gurley but I don't see why he is criticized so much on this board.

I've hardly ever seen any posts blasting Yeldon. I was critical of him early in the season because all I saw was 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Then I looked closer and saw a rookie not coughing up the ball, Blocking like a boss. Then I saw a rookie starting to hit daylight more often then not. Yeldon is a deceiving player. You have to look closer to see how special he really is.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Yeldon a lot, his issue's are breakaway speed and he is starting to dance a little to much instead of just hitting the hole but most of that is the o-line fault due to them not opening up a hole and him getting contact in the back field, when he gets a better oline he will be a good if not very good back. The lack of breakaway speed is what kills him.

Another impressive thing about Yeldon this year is the fact he hasn't fumbled. I know it was one of his weaknesses in college.

Quote:Yeldon is a hell of a blocker on passing downs and gets more than he should behind our crap run blocking. Enough said.

Yeldon is actually a pretty big liability blocking right now.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Yeldon is actually a pretty big liability blocking right now.
did you even watch last week's game?

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Remember Henry could never beat him out

Quote:Yeldon is actually a pretty big liability blocking right now.

Right around the London game I was critical of yeldons pass pro. But the last few weeks he has improved greatly. He has done a good job of recognizing who to pick up and actually blocking him.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../77143438/

Nice article about Yeldon, his pass protection also with comments from Olson and Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 07:14 AM by Banatha.)

It is a passing league, so it's alright to have an average RB. Some get upset when I say "average" but average is a starting RB who doesn't fumble a lot and gets close to 4 yards per carry. We can win with this kid, but we could win with Robinson as well, neither are superstars who are going to take over a game, but either can get the job done with decent blocking. Personally I prefer Robinson because of his big yardage potential on a lot of plays in space. But this team wins or loses on Blake's arm and his protection, our receivers and defense. It used to be Running backs were a HUGE part of the game, but those days are over and have been since they changed the passing rules. The  exceptions are rare, a Peterson or an MJD or Taylor, and Yeldon is not their league. Thankfully he does not have to be.

Quote:I remember wanting Telvin Coleman and Jay Ajayi in the second round this year, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Yeldon this year, even behind our poor offensive line.

I fall in that category aswel! I was actually really disappointed with the pick, glad I've been proven wrong.

Yeldon needs more touches... At least 20...