Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: The most disappoinitng player on defense goes too
Cyprien.. IMO huge bust at 33rd overall. He is like the anti Cam Channcelor
Branch.. Good for like one tackle a game
Gratz... Slapped around like a unibrowed one tooth chick in the trailer park
Odrick.. Big money for what?
Clemons..I forgot he was on the team
Alualu.. Better receiver than defender?
another choice
[Show Results]

The award for the most disappointing defensive players goes too.......

Draft position aside......Andre Branch is as embarrassing to watch play as Derrick Harvey.

There, I said it.

Completely useless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Odrick and Cyp have been fine, the rest have sucked but their expectations were also very low to me.

The answer is McCray for me. From top 5 in several strong indicative pass defense stats to whatever word you want to use for this year.

Branch by a mile, he's simply 'turrible.' He made one play against the Titans to seal the game on that Thursday night. Other than that, pretty much zero.

Gratz is awful too. This defense needs an infusion of speed and talent in the offseason. Fortunately for us, I think it only takes a player or two to really stimulate the effectiveness of a good defense. Fowler will help. Throw in another LB, satety, and draft another d-lineman or safety and all of a sudden your defense has a completely different look.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

I think it's McCray and Colvin! I already new Branch sucked and didn't expect much from Clem anyways.Cyp has been solid. While

Colvin has tackled well and has a few sacks where's those game changing plays.Like Interceptions/Pick6 and force fumbles.I

thought Colvin and McCray were are 2 best Cb going into this Season.Colvin may still be but not saying much. Can't wait to see

Sen'derrick Marks and Dante Fowler Jr playing together in 2016!

Quote:I think it's McCray and Colvin! I already new Branch sucked and didn't expect much from Clem anyways.Cyp has been solid. WhileColvin has tackled well and has a few sacks where's those game changing plays.Like Interceptions/Pick6 and force fumbles.Ithought Colvin and McCray were are 2 best Cb going into this Season.Colvin may still be but not saying much. Can't wait to seeSen'derrick Marks and Dante Fowler Jr playing together in 2016!

It's amazing what a good pash rush will do for a secondary. They'll go from looking like stiffs to Pro Bowlers overnight.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I think it's McCray and Colvin! I already new Branch sucked and didn't expect much from Clem anyways.Cyp has been solid. While

Colvin has tackled well and has a few sacks where's those game changing plays.Like Interceptions/Pick6 and force fumbles.I

thought Colvin and McCray were are 2 best Cb going into this Season.Colvin may still be but not saying much. Can't wait to see

Colvin is doing fine.

If it's any CB I have to go with Gratz as you see him getting burnt far too often. I understand those saying McCray because he's managed to find himself behind Gratz on the depth chart, but it's not like I see him getting burnt right and left. Maybe it's just because he's not out there and has fallen off a cliff, but I know Gratz is getting beat a lot.

'02

Quote:I think it's McCray and Colvin! I already new Branch sucked and didn't expect much from Clem anyways.Cyp has been solid. While

Am I being whooshed on Colvin?

I am most disappointed in Cyprien. He's had a couple good games this year, but he whiffs on way too many tackles, and constantly takes bad angles. He was pretty good in coverage last year, IIRC, but it seems like he's regressed there.

Branch has always sucked, so I didn't expect much from him. Clemons is over the hill. Gratz was garbage last year, too. Alualu has always sucked as a starter, although hes a decent roleplayer and depth player. Odrick, I like. He wasn't brought in to bring a pass rush, and I feel he's been pretty good this year. Is he JJ Watt? No. But Odrick is a typical free agent acquisition, and he's performed well enough for me to consider the pick up a push.
No commercial messages in sigs

gratz is one of the worst DBs I have ever seen.

The effort he put on the Mariota TD run was a joke and he should be cut or benched just because of it.

Clemons isn't a disappointment, he's just old.  Anyone that was expecting a major contribution from him wasn't paying attention.  Chris Smith has disappointed me in that I expected him to take a big step forward this year and have an impact in the pass rush.  Looks like he may not even be in the NFL much longer at the rate he's going.  

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Chris has been the worse wanting to not attend camp and he still looks overweight and slow. Branch hasn't been much better but he has been better. Gratz has been bad this year, he looks as if he doesn't know what he should be doing.

Quote:Clemons isn't a disappointment, he's just old.  Anyone that was expecting a major contribution from him wasn't paying attention.  Chris Smith has disappointed me in that I expected him to take a big step forward this year and have an impact in the pass rush.  Looks like he may not even be in the NFL much longer at the rate he's going.  

Quote:Chris has been the worse wanting to not attend camp and he still looks overweight and slow. Branch hasn't been much better but he has been better. Gratz has been bad this year, he looks as if he doesn't know what he should be doing.

I don't think it's fair to consider Chris Smith here because he's been on the inactive list most of the season. That is to say he hasn't been given a chance to prove himself on the field, and the one day they did activate him recently he got in a nice hit on the qb. Let's see what he does this Sunday because he'll finally be active again.

'02

I rectum they are talking about Chris Clemons.

Quote:I rectum they are talking about Chris Clemons.

Oh yeah...Ziggy is talking about Clemons with the not wanting to attend camp. Although the prior quote mentioned Chris Smith.

'02

Quote:I rectum they are talking about Chris Clemons.

No, Chris Smith.  Ever heard of him?

Quote:I don't think it's fair to consider Chris Smith here because he's been on the inactive list most of the season. That is to say he hasn't been given a chance to prove himself on the field, and the one day they did activate him recently he got in a nice hit on the qb. Let's see what he does this Sunday because he'll finally be active again.

We'll see.  Maybe he'll develop but the games he's been in he hasn't made much of an impact although he has had 3.5 sacks in the couple years he's been here so I guess there's still hope.  We'll see.