Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"To be honest with you, we tried everything"

Here's my 'something of substance'

You can get whatever coach you want, to run whatever scheme you want...

until you have the players in place that are scheme proof, it doesn't matter.

I'm not saying you need 11 pro bowlers. I'm saying you need a star at each spot, DL, LB, S, CB. Once you have a real playmaker at each spot, you can run any scheme. Any coach can come in and accentuate those players strengths and have the pieces around them feed off of it.

This cover-3 scheme would work fine, with Babich, or Gus. If we had a real LEO and FS.

So Ryan has ran multiple schemes? A lot of coaches do. 4-3, 3-4, whatever works.

Will the DC you want do better than the DC you have with the exact same people? not with this defensive roster.

Let me finish by saying... I don't care if they make a change at DC, or even at HC at this position.

But without Fowler being healthy, without other play makers on the Dline, this team will be awful on D no matter who the coach is.

We have Smith at LB (need a coverage MLB drafted)

We have House and Colvin at CB, depth is needed.

S position, especially FS, is suspect.

We are still lacking playmakers at key positions. Any defense under any coaching would struggle.

Give Caldwell another offseason to fix that side like he has seemingly done on offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has anyone mentioned Jim Schwartz as a DC? The Bills defense was arguably better last year when he was there. My only concern was his players in Detroit playing dirty but we could use some edge. Seems to have had good defenses where he's been.

I'll admit, I don't know much about him outside of that though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Has anyone mentioned Jim Schwartz as a DC? The Bills defense was arguably better last year when he was there. My only concern was his players in Detroit playing dirty but we could use some edge. Seems to have had good defenses where he's been.

I'll admit, I don't know much about him outside of that though.

I know that he wanted to punch the ever lovin' crap out of Jim Harbaugh, and I'm disappointed that he didn't.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Here's my 'something of substance'

You can get whatever coach you want, to run whatever scheme you want...

until you have the players in place that are scheme proof, it doesn't matter.

I'm not saying you need 11 pro bowlers. I'm saying you need a star at each spot, DL, LB, S, CB. Once you have a real playmaker at each spot, you can run any scheme. Any coach can come in and accentuate those players strengths and have the pieces around them feed off of it.

This cover-3 scheme would work fine, with Babich, or Gus. If we had a real LEO and FS.

So Ryan has ran multiple schemes? A lot of coaches do. 4-3, 3-4, whatever works.

Will the DC you want do better than the DC you have with the exact same people? not with this defensive roster.

Let me finish by saying... I don't care if they make a change at DC, or even at HC at this position.

But without Fowler being healthy, without other play makers on the Dline, this team will be awful on D no matter who the coach is.

We have Smith at LB (need a coverage MLB drafted)

We have House and Colvin at CB, depth is needed.

S position, especially FS, is suspect.

We are still lacking playmakers at key positions. Any defense under any coaching would struggle.

Give Caldwell another offseason to fix that side like he has seemingly done on offense.

I think multiple coordinators would do better than babich. He's been awful. Have you seen that guys track record? It's very bad.

Right now our defense is a combination of lack of talent and very bad coaching. That leads to the product we see on the field.

Ps I disagree that you need a star at every level. That's kind of weird. I see where you're coming from but it's not like you have to have a pro bowl guy at every level to succeed.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I think multiple coordinators would do better than babich. He's been awful. Have you seen that guys track record? It's very bad.

Right now our defense is a combination of lack of talent and very bad coaching. That leads to the product we see on the field.

Ps I disagree that you need a star at every level. That's kind of weird. I see where you're coming from but it's not like you have to have a pro bowl guy at every level to succeed.

Yeah you don't need a star. Just need enough good players that each level of the defense isn't a liability on any one aspect

"to be honest with you"... does this mean he has previously been dishonest with us?

Quote:"to be honest with you"... does this mean he has previously been dishonest with us?

I think more so just eliminating the "beat around the Bush coach speak"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I don't think we've tried firing Gus Bradley yet.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yeah you don't need a star. Just need enough good players that each level of the defense isn't a liability on any one aspect
well scheme dependent 

I said if you have a star at every level, front 4, lb, and backside you can run any scheme with any coach.

With this particular scheme you actually need a dominant pass rusher, coverage and rush backers and tight man coverage, with a play making safety.

which we lack in.

But if Fowler is that rusher, plus Marks on the interior, you've doubled up star potential on the Dline.

And if we draft a good cover MLB to pair with Telvin, and then plug in a FS--along with the CBs we already have

this D is pretty nasty... and Babich, or Swartz... or Rob Ryan... will have success.

But if we are still lacking pieces at those positions next season.. Babich, or Ryan... or ANYONE will still struggle.

that is the point.

miss it or get it, it's up to you guys.

----

I like how AZ doesn't have a legit pass rusher, so they blitz a lot.

They also have 4 very good DBs and are solid across the front 7, they don't have an Andre Branch...

But if you look at successful D's... they have multiple pieces... they garner game planning... and extra money when pay day comes.

But without a "star" at each level, every defense can be picked apart.

That is today's NFL, where offense is more important than anything.

While would love Payton.  Ya have to remember Car Michael won games when Payton was not there. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I don't think we've tried firing Gus Bradley yet.

He shouldn't be fired, just reassigned to the Roar.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:He shouldn't be fired, just reassigned to the Roar.

Oooooooh dear

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:He shouldn't be fired, just reassigned to the Roar.

None of those girls can have ice cream.

Quote:"We tried everything"..... And couldn't stop a QB from running 87 yards.

Gus Bradley is a terrible coach. Khan is a fraud for keeping him.

Yep that's it. He's a fraud. You're a moron.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 09:04 AM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:What do you want we don't have the talent on defense to compete right now. I think people have to accept regardless of who the coach is we are outmatched defensively right now. The corners can't be trusted to cover in man, we don't have anyone on the line that can create pressure, our safeties suck, its not matchups its a serious lack of talent.
I believe the talent is here but the coaching is not! He have three years worth of talent,and the guys he wanted no more excuses for Gus, he is suppose to be a defensive minded coach, but he is failing bad at developing the players he have... I dont need to see the statistics we know they are bad... The eye test is all u need... Where are the turnovers, sacks, pressure big plays from the defense? Its sad but Gus has to go.. We need a good coach who can coach!