Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Robinson doesn't trip at the 1 yard line

Quote:I think MJD said he's a top 5 receiver on that NFL Now thing. 

I wish I had good sound on my computer so I could hear him online. He must be good to listen to for people with better computers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wish I had good sound on my computer so I could hear him online. He must be good to listen to for people with better computers.

He's a Jags/Raiders homer 99% of the time, but nothing wrong with that in the national media. 

Quote:He's a Jags/Raiders homer 99% of the time, but nothing wrong with that in the national media. 

I know, but who else says anything good about the Jaguars?

His breakout IMO was against Revis.  The only thing missing was a big yardage, multi-TD game like this.  

Quote:His breakout IMO was against Revis. The only thing missing was a big yardage, multi-TD game like this.

I hear you but he broke out today with a buck fiddy and 3 tds.

A Rob is good, no question; but I wonder how much our impotent running game has aided him in attaining the large numbers... much in the same way an impotent passing game aided MoJo attain a season record running the ball?

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 10:03 PM by git'er_done.)

Quote:A Rob is good, no question; but I wonder how much our impotent running game has aided him in attaining the large numbers... much in the same way an impotent passing game aided MoJo attain a season record running the ball?

If anything, wouldn't not having to gameplan much for our run game make it more difficult for him? Teams generally don't have to put 8, really even 7, in the box. They can commit more players to coverage responsibilities.

Anyway, watching go up and snatch those jump balls is a thing of beauty.

Quote:If anything, wouldn't not having to gameplan much for our run game make it more difficult for him? Teams generally don't have to put 8, really even 7, in the box. They can commit more players to coverage responsibilities.

Actually a running helps WRs because it opens up play action.

However like you said, he is doing his thang without a great running game.

Yeldon would be much better with Linder.

ARob is a very special player who barring injuries will be our number 1 for years to come. What i can't understand is why Lee cannot seem to do anything. Is it the chemistry with Bortles not there yet? Is he still not up to full speed yet? He is supposed to be our speedster but i never see him open on long routes like ARob. It seems as though they use him mostly on the reverse out of the backfield and shallow crossing routes.
"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 02:32 AM by Sosa.)

Quote:ARob is a very special player who barring injuries will be our number 1 for years to come. What i can't understand is why Lee cannot seem to do anything. Is it the chemistry with Bortles not there yet? Is he still not up to full speed yet? He is supposed to be our speedster but i never see him open on long routes like ARob. It seems as though they use him mostly on the reverse out of the backfield and shallow crossing routes.
I'm thinking he's rusty and hasn't had a lot of time to practice. He's been trying to get healthy for a year and a half...

He had a nice catch earlier in the game and got to the 3 yard line. He beat his opponent twice but Blake threw it too short, and Perrish Cox made a nice play to swat it away. I think we'll see him make a few big plays before the season is over.

Quote:If anything, wouldn't not having to game plan much for our run game make it more difficult for him? Teams generally don't have to put 8, really even 7, in the box. They can commit more players to coverage responsibilities.

Double negative there is confusing. It reads, "Would having to game plan much for running make it harder to game plan for passing?" if I am reading this correctly, based strictly on the proper way to write English. If this is what you meant, the obvious answer is no. Running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and offensive linemen have their own position coaches. Another coach works with the whole offense. It is more difficult to learn some kinds of passes and routes whenever you find yourself on a new team or with new assistant coaches (which happened almost a year ago).

Not only was it awesome to see jump catches, but i also was amazed at Allen Robinson's ability to catch a football that was sandwiched between him and a Titans player. How did he catch the ball without letting it touch the ground? Only a special talent can do that.

Quote:ARob is a very special player who barring injuries will be our number 1 for years to come. What I can't understand is why Lee cannot seem to do anything. Is it the chemistry with Bortles not there yet? Is he still not up to full speed yet? He is supposed to be our speedster but i never see him open on long routes like ARob. It seems as though they use him mostly on the reverse out of the backfield and shallow crossing routes.

Sometimes he just drops the ball. Other times he is in the wrong place, which means there was miscommunication in the huddle. Then there were the injuries. If a player spends more time off the field than on it, he will be rusty. I think posters are impatient because Marquise Lee was an early second round pick so they had higher expectations for him. The reality right now is we are set at wide receiver, running back, quarterback, and right guard . Our offense will explode in 2016 if if we bring back Alex Mack through free agency  (he has a no-trade clause in his contract) or draft the best center in college football.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 03:58 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Double negative there is confusing. It reads, "Would having to game plan much for running make it harder to game plan for passing?" if I am reading this correctly, based strictly on the proper way to write English. If this is what you meant, the obvious answer is no. Running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and offensive linemen have their own position coaches. Another coach works with the whole offense. It is more difficult to learn some kinds of passes and routes whenever you find yourself on a new team or with new assistant coaches (which happened almost a year ago).

Not only was it awesome to see jump catches, but i also was amazed at Allen Robinson's ability to catch a football that was sandwiched between him and a Titans player. How did he catch the ball without letting it touch the ground? Only a special talent can do that.
The double negative is confusing? Your entire first paragraph is confusing.

He's not talking the offense planning. He is talking about the defense's planning for our offense. They don't have to commit to stopping the run as much therefore leaving them more attention to focus on stopping our passing game.

How you got whatever the heck it is that you posted from his paragraph I'll never understand.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 04:00 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Sometimes he just drops the ball. Other times he is in the wrong place, which means there was miscommunication in the huddle. Then there were the injuries. If a player spends more time off the field than on it, he will be rusty. I think posters are impatient because Marquise Lee was an early second round pick so they had higher expectations for him. The reality right now is we are set at wide receiver, running back, quarterback, and right guard . Our offense will explode in 2016 if if we bring back Alex Mack through free agency (he has a no-trade clause in his contract) or draft the best center in college football.
You cannot bring a player "back" that has never played here before.

I haven't watched the Browns but it doesn't sound like Mack is playing as well as he was pre-injury. At least not from what I read earlier in the year.

Quote:Double negative there is confusing. It reads, "Would having to game plan much for running make it harder to game plan for passing?" if I am reading this correctly, based strictly on the proper way to write English. If this is what you meant, the obvious answer is no. Running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, quarterbacks, and offensive linemen have their own position coaches. Another coach works with the whole offense. It is more difficult to learn some kinds of passes and routes whenever you find yourself on a new team or with new assistant coaches (which happened almost a year ago).

No, the double negative was not confusing. And based on the proper way to write English, the other poster made total sense. What is confusing is your urge to continuously compulsively post without having any grasp on what is being said, and to do so with such self-righteousness. This is like the 4th or 5th thread I've come in this morning to find you talking down to someone else.

The post you are responding to said (and this is a paraphrase) - "Since other teams do not have to (significantly) game plan against our run game (since it is virtually non-existent), then theoretically, they focus their game plan on stopping our passing game. Therefore, it should theoretically be harder for ARob to have the kind of season he is having since teams can focus on him and Bortles without having to focus on our run game."

The "him" that poster was talking about is ARob. Teams are able to game plan for ARob and he still smokes them anyway. 

Quote:Sometimes he just drops the ball. Other times he is in the wrong place, which means there was miscommunication in the huddle. Then there were the injuries. If a player spends more time off the field than on it, he will be rusty. I think posters are impatient because Marquise Lee was an early second round pick so they had higher expectations for him. The reality right now is we are set at wide receiver, running back, quarterback, and right guard . Our offense will explode in 2016 if if we bring back Alex Mack through free agency  (he has a no-trade clause in his contract) or draft the best center in college football.

For the first underline, that isn't necessarily true. Maybe Lee just doesn't understand where he is supposed to be running. That doesn't mean someone miscommunicated the play to him.

And for the second, that's obvious. There is no reason for you to state the obvious, especially given how derisively you talk to others when they do the same. Maybe you were mad after the loss and took it out on the board, or maybe you're just salty every night between 11pm and 3am. I don't know, but try chilling out a little.

And Mack was never part of our team so we can't "bring him back" unless you mean bring him back for a visit though I don't see how him visiting and then not signing (again) will have any affect on whether this offense breaks out next year. And our offense will explode next year due to Linder being healthy and the young guys having more experience and another offseason together. In case you haven't noticed, Bortles and ARob are going to do big things with or without a pro bowl center. 

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote: What is confusing is your urge to continuously compulsively post without having any grasp on what is being said, and to do so with such self-righteousness. This is like the 4th or 5th thread I've come in this morning to find you talking down to someone else.

...And how is that different from a hundred other people on this message board? 

Quote:And Mack was never part of our team so we can't "bring him back" unless you mean bring him back for a visit though I don't see how him visiting and then not signing (again) will have any affect on whether this offense breaks out next year.

Actually, he did sign with us.   Cleveland exercised their right to match the contract.